It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Association Of US Doctors Makes Official Statement On Transgender Procedures For Minors

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Says 'high probability of causing sterilization,' among other warnings

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is warning about “unknown and unknowable long-term risks” it says are inherent to “gender-affirming care” in minors, adding that the consequences of gender transition surgery are irreversible.

“Gender-affirming” procedures include so-called puberty blockers, sex hormones, and surgery, such as castration, penectomy, and mastectomy, the nonpartisan professional association noted in its Feb. 20 official statement outlining its stance on “gender-affirming care” for children.

The AAPS warns that gender transition procedures are “generally irreversible and have a high probability of causing sterilization.” The procedures also “commit a patient to a lifelong need for medical, surgical, and psychological care.”

Such procedures in minors also are medically and ethically contraindicated due to a lack of informed consent, the AAPS stated.

Source: The Epoch Times

I'm certain that The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) can't really 'speak for the entire body physicians' and we are sure to see rebuttals (and I can guess who it will be,) but I found this a place in my "encouraging news" category.

Certainly, people may do as they will, but I will not be forced to participate by "changing" science for them. Two sexes, one and two. You want to say something else, DO (1) something "else" fine, that's on you. I don't "have to" play along, and I don't "need" your permission to refuse. I owe you no explanation, so cast your aspersions elsewhere cause all you can do is impose your 'baggage' on me, and pretend its the reverse.

(1) there ought to be a verb for " XXXXX: to invert the social rules of engagement via emotional blackmail." There isn't, is there?

The association maintains that while medical, surgical, and other methods can be used to alter the physical appearance of a person’s body, they can’t change a person’s biological sex.

Biological sex is determined at conception by genotype, and with the exception of rare circumstances that could result in ambiguous genitalia, biological sex is “indeed obvious” and is correctly identified at birth, the AAPS states.

Biological sex, or genotype, then determines the role of a person in reproduction.

There..., I can now say that many doctors agree with my "idiot opinion."

edit on 2/25/2023 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   

edit on 2/25/23 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Yeah,

I suspect a lot of back tracking here soon as the "Profit" as a motive doesn't work well when the victims can now sue when they turn 18 from being conned into disfiguring surgery.

www.tennessean.com...

People who received the treatments as minors would also be able to sue parents, guardians and physicians for authorizing the care under a statute of limitations under the legislation.
(Please add teachers, school councilors, and activist in schools please)

An 18-year-old woman, announced the first official lawsuit in the U.S. against the hospital and affiliated medical group that facilitated her medical transition as a minor.

A lawsuit has been filed against the Permanente Medical Group, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan, and Kaiser Foundation Hospitals, alleging medical negligence in providing chemical and surgical sex change interventions to Chloe Cole when she was a minor between the ages of 13-16.

“Chloe’s family sought medical treatment for her at Kaiser,” said Harmeet K. Dhillon, attorney and CEO of the Center for American Liberty. “Her physicians and other medical professionals violated the first norm of the profession, the Hippocratic Oath, when, instead of caring for her and providing medically competent diagnoses and treatment, they permanently disfigured her for profit.”

“I was fifteen when you cut into my body, ripped out my breasts and stitched me back up like I was your rag doll,” Cole charged. “You are on the wrong side of history and will always be remembered as child butchers.”

“Once I announced my intention to seek justice, I have not stopped receiving call after call, email after email, of parents and patients that have been harmed by these same practices, some of them even were butchered in the same building I was,” she added.

www.dailywire.com...

Let's get real, when you knowingly lead a 15 year old girl who doesn't know better into a double mastectomy, they need to pay for it dearly. Sick people.
edit on 25-2-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   

for what it's worth, many other idiots agree with your opinioin as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I would consider a person mentally challenged if they thought some hormones and surgery could turn a man into a woman!

LOL

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: network dude

I would consider a person mentally challenged if they thought some hormones and surgery could turn a man into a woman!

LOL

They are all mentally ill. Delusional. It’s sad. It’s even sadder that the adults in the room thought being polite to them was more important than being real with them.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Notabot12345666

I think her statement will leave the trans supporters speechless. No way to defend this crap and they know it.

“I was fifteen when you cut into my body, ripped out my breasts and stitched me back up like I was your rag doll,” Cole charged. “You are on the wrong side of history and will always be remembered as child butchers.”

“Once I announced my intention to seek justice, I have not stopped receiving call after call, email after email, of parents and patients that have been harmed by these same practices, some of them even were butchered in the same building I was,” she added.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

The AAPS warns that gender transition procedures are “generally irreversible and have a high probability of causing sterilization.” The procedures also “commit a patient to a lifelong need for medical, surgical, and psychological care.”

So it boils down to informed consent and freedom of choice for adults and development of fertility preservation counselling for transgender children (hormone therapy, not surgery). I'm also reading one size does not fit all when it comes to hormone therapy and fertility or infertility outcomes.

The decision-making seems to center around the child's mental health (suicide) as to choosing what to prioritize in the way of treatment.

Fertility preservation and counselling for transgender children and young people are therefore ethically complex emerging areas of healthcare. To date, there has been no systematic review of the ethical considerations relating to fertility preservation and counselling for transgender young people, and this paper sought to fill that gap. In identifying and synthesising the normative literature, we aimed to provide a resource for ethicists and clinicians to further develop ethical practice in this area. Our review addresses the following question: What are the ethical considerations relating to fertility counselling and preservation for transgender patients in paediatric healthcare? We first present an outline of the current fertility preservation options for transgender young people, followed by the methods used for the systematic review. We then describe the four key ethical considerations that emerged from this literature: access to fertility preservation, conscientious objection, decision-making capacity of children and young people, and shared decision-making.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Under ideal circumstances (if there is such a thing) I would hope that trained medical professionals would know how to effectively treat patients according to their individual needs and circumstances.

I say that, suing the word "ideal," to address the fact that there are now doctors who see this as an opportunity to profit or proselytize, rather than heal or comfort.

It is truly a shame that the former could even be the case.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
We all knew that adults could and will mutilate their bodies by choice, teens and children are mutilated by coercion, two different things.

I guess the record on suicides and mental issues after mutilation in adults was not enough warning of things to come, children are vulnerable, and the worst is that they are becoming a target of the gender pushers' groups.

Then when reality hit, the endless surgeries, pill taking and disabilities that comes with mutilation of organs these children will have mental problems.

And the biggest reality of all and the most sickening is that mutilation is nonreversible.

It will be more horror stories coming out as the agenda of mutilating children keeps growing unrestricted.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
a reply to: quintessentone

Under ideal circumstances (if there is such a thing) I would hope that trained medical professionals would know how to effectively treat patients according to their individual needs and circumstances.

I say that, suing the word "ideal," to address the fact that there are now doctors who see this as an opportunity to profit or proselytize, rather than heal or comfort.

It is truly a shame that the former could even be the case.

Well from what I'm reading trained medical professionals are failing transgender youth and adults as is the medical, societal, and political systems in place and the results of this will be untreated 'serious' psychological disorders (from bullying and isolation, bias and hate) leading to increased suicides, so infertility is really the least of their worries.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Encouraging perhaps but realize that sterilization has been the goal all along.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes conspiracy theories and medical misinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, and vaccine and autism connections. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care. The group has included notable members, including American Republican politicians Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Tom Price.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a politically conservative non-profit association that promotes conspiracy theories and medical misinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, and vaccine and autism connections. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care. The group has included notable members, including American Republican politicians Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Tom Price.

en.wikipedia.org...

I was wondering how long until some one pointed that out. RationalWiki takes a harder shot at them.

rationalwiki.org...

Seem legit...

Its physical address, 1601 N Tucson Blvd #9, Tucson AZ 85716, a suite in a medical center, is shared with a lot of other equally weird organizations including Doctors for Disaster Preparedness, the American Health Legal Foundation,[7] the AAPS Educational Foundation (contact: Dr Jane Orient), Physicians for Civil Defense (contact: Dr Jane Orient),[8] the Southwestern Institute of Science (contact: Dr Jane Orient),[9] and the Southern Arizona Association for Play Therapy.

More about Dr. Jane Orient here:

www.newsweek.com...

She's considered a quack that is the face of several deceptive special interest groups using official sounding names to promote far-right ideology. Not my opinion, but the general consensus.

She could be right about what she says and fights for but will always be confined to the fringe and cited regularly by Quackwatch. She'll be the Jane of Arc doctor sequestered by unfair peer reviews to be perpetually discredited and not upend their status quo.

edit on 25-2-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

Thanks for the backup.

Always investigate your source.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Biggest problem I have seen (admittedly military doctors so not the best body to look at) very few treat the patient most just treat the symptoms.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

100% agree on this. No one, and I mean no one should be making life changing decisions for minors. If people want to go through this and make their own decision at age 18, then that is their call. Adults can do whatever they want, as long as they don't harm others. Do to yourself whatever you want.

Speaking of harm, these doctos also should not be performing procedures on children without knowing exactly what the repercussion will be over a life-time. Operating on people without knowing you won't cause harm is causing harm. And that's something no doctor should do.

This is just my opinion and I don't know anyone in my life who's gone through this. Perhaps if I did I would think differently, but right now I see it as potentially harming children.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
[insert heavy sigh]

So now my position seems aligned with an 80-year-old organization that has been called in 'wiki' (and no doubt amplified and reiterated elsewhere) as a font of 'right-wing' 'conspiracy-theorists' quackery. I suppose that the contributions of the Associated Press to the article don't amount to anything in the way providing 'legitimacy' (not that I would consider the AP some kind of polish or 'luster' towards increased legitimacy.)

I appreciate the background checks everyone. I expected some degree of pushback, since this 'new' medical practice is spreading like an out-of-control venereal disease outbreak. Since there are motivations of money and ideology involved, it was not exactly a surprise.

Sad that. I suppose that since the stink of 'information' control is all over this, I should just 'shut up' and withdraw with my idiot idea about the biological reality of sex being 'one and two.'

... but you know what, I won't.

I propose that this 'sex change' phenomenon is not really a matter of science, but of a 'popularized' sex fad, now being exploited at the expense of minors through their parents' self-indulgent narcissism or exasperated detachment.

I guess I still do.
edit on 2/25/2023 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Part of the problem is that we live in a country where medicine is for profit. At least some of these doctors are choosing to do these operations because it's simply profitable and if the insurance companies begin to cover more and more of it, more of these doctors will pop up.

I'm sure some are good doctors and believe they are helping, but for others it's just plastic surgery. They'll give you whatever you pay for.

Medicine should not be like that, but we've allowed it to become that.

posted on Feb, 26 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

We should just let them continue to "debotomize" the transgendered. It really does calm them down and make everything better just like lobotomies were so very beneficial to the mentally ill. I mean look at how quickly those took off once the benefits to the mentally ill became apparent.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join