It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Jesus to you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   
When trying to make sense of all the madness going on these days, Religion is one flavor in this chaotic soup.

With the people that say Jesus died for our sins, like WTF? Jesus did not die so I could steal a candy bar or do many of the messed up stupid stuff I done growing up. He died because he pissed off the money changers at that time and did not have an army to back up his new way. I have spent many hours as a kid looking at that man nailed to a cross. The message it sends is don't screw up.

I do see Jesus as a great healer with the testimony of the chapters that have gone public. As for why some healer 2K years ago would talk about the revelations of today comes across as a self fulfilling disinfo campaign by those controlling the publication of the bible. I know I would not be here today if it was not for the work done by the Vatican. When looking into the history of the Vatican, it was the first one to use the corporation as a legal instrument to limit legal liability for those that raped, pillaged and plundered the good word of the Lord around the globe. When dealing with the barbarians of back then, maybe it was not all bad?

When trying to find just what exactly is Jesus all about, two rules surface, love life and love your neighbor. It's not always easy to find this place with what the world does throw at us at times.

I see it more that Jesus lived to give us direction and hope. Despite how bad, twisted and wicked this world can get at times, it is not always like this with a small percentage giving the rest a bad name. As long as most of us try to do the right thing as best we can things will continue to rock and roll in some way. As we are all children of god.

If there is some kind of everlasting life, then I see it with my deceased ancestors that helped build the world we have today.

Anyway, this is my brief current take on the Jesus thing. So what is yours?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Acts as a marker or a symbol for an unfolded tesseract.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: XipeTotex

So something like some mRNA?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Ok, I know I will be destroyed for this point of view, from like… just about everyone. But here it goes. I am a minister’s daughter, who grew up in an extremely protestant religious household. But, after thinking about this thing, and what I have learned after I got older, about how we got this multitude of planets out there, and this planet list, just keeps on growing...

It seems a whole lot more logical to me, that people in the past, might have gotten this thing all wrong. They tried to explain it the best they could, with the knowledge that they had, but it wasn’t quite right. Heaven is up there, and so is space and other planets. Mary got pregnant by some magical method, but then there is artificial insemination. The star of David shown brightly over Bethlehem welcoming the birth of a child, but this could have very well have been a space ship.

The existence of technology, I understand. The possibility that someone else out there has a better understanding of this technological stuff is also certainly plausible. So, when you ask me who Jesus was, I would say that he was more likely a hybrid child. With a much better education from his father’s side of the family than his mother’s, and understood how to fix the broken and sick, and how to cheat death. The one thing I never understood, was this cross stuff. Why would he put himself through so much torment? How did he think by his own suffering that he would cure the sins of the world? And why did he and his people deem it so important to do so?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Soup?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Matthew said to him: "Lord, no one can find the truth except through you. Therefore teach us the truth."

The Savior said: "He Who Is is ineffable. No principle knew him, no authority, no subjection, nor any creature from the foundation of the world until now, except he alone, and anyone to whom he wants to make revelation through him who is from First Light. From now on, I am the Great Savior. For he is immortal and eternal. Now he is eternal, having no birth; for everyone who has birth will perish. He is unbegotten, having no beginning; for everyone who has a beginning has an end. Since no one rules over him, he has no name; for whoever has a name is the creation of another."

(BG 84, 13-17 adds: He is unnameable. He has no human form; for whoever has human form is the creation of another).

"And he has a semblance of his own - not like what you have seen and received, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the universe. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. Since it is infinite, he is ever incomprehensible. He is imperishable and has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is eternal. He is blessed. While he is not known, he ever knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishability blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'".

www.gnosis.org...

Jesus, to me, was a master teacher using his authority, telling stories, using parables, shock value (rip out your eyes), created catchy phrases, instead of giving answers Jesus would ask questions of hostile people, used visualizations (washing the feel of his disciples to show servantship), repetitions of major themes, he created experiences to teach lessons, and Jesus practiced what he preached (taught). The subject of his teachings being God and our path to God.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I'm not technically what you call a Christian, but if he existed, I think I would have agreed in much with the guy.

Who Jesus Christ is, is hard to explain, because the word Christ is actually a Greek word (Christós), which means "Anointed". This word predates the "alleged" existence of Jesus for at least 600 years. At the same time, the Christos word is a derivation of the Egyptian word KRST (earliest records of this word go back to 3.000 BC, but it's probably older). KRST meant "Anointed Mummy" in Egypt, and the word was deeply associated with Horus. Heru the KRST.

The word "Messiah", also derives from an Egyptian word: "Meeseh", which means crocodile. The Egyptians used to anoint their devine priest/kings (Pharaohs) with crocodile (Messeh) fat, that they obtained from the crocodiles that lived in the Nile river. Fat floats (walks) on water ;-).

The name Jesus, is actually Iēsous in ancient Greek, which is a deformation of the Egyptian word Iusa, also deeply associated to Horus, the morning star from Egypt, the "Son/Sun" of Osiris/Ptah, who came to earth to save humanity from SET, the jealous god of chaos and the desert. Sounds familiar?... The root of Jesus Christ therefore would be Egyptian, and it would reside in the combination of the two words: IUSA - KRST.

To add more circumstantial evidence, Cooptic (Egyptian) Christianism, was the first true christian church that arrived. IN Alexandria. Christianism as an organized belief started in Egypt. Then, Jesus and his connection to Horus is impossible to deny, you just need to research a bit. Even the statues of Jesus and Mary are exact copies of the statues of Isis and Horus. This becomes even more compelling when you read the ancient records which tell the versions that Jesus traveled to Egypt, where he was initiated.

If there was a guy or not, it will always be a mystery. But it's important to know that Jesus Christ is not a name, it's a title, deeply rooted in Khemetic (Egyptian) spirituality / metaphysics. Which was not a religion, but a philosophy and understanding of life.The Egyptian empire was the longest and most prosperous empire that humanity has ever seen, it lasted at least 5.000 years, or more, and it's influence you can still see it all around you.

This is being said, who Jesus was, doesn't really matter, what matters is what he taught, or allegedly taught. We have no certified records of what he really taught, we only have a few passages in the gospels where apparently someone wrote down what he was said, and that was passed down via copies after copies. You cannot dismiss the possibility of a broken telephone scenario.

I do value the alleged Jesus' commandments that survived in the gospels. Again, I cannot confirm to you if they are true or not, but based on what I've learned in my life, they sound quite good and honest advices, a great philosophy. Regarding the rest of the bible, in my opinion, it's nothing but political brainwashing and mental programming to manipulate societies through evil, wars and fear. Specially the Book of Revelations, which millions of Christians, even today, consider a "satanic" (or "SET-anic") invention.

If you want to see Jesus' commandments condensed, here I leave the link:
www.trusting-in-jesus.com...

edit on 8-2-2023 by ltrz2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TINCOAL

Soup?

Got a better word to describe the conflicts of thoughts, emotions and beliefs? I don't know, just chuck it all in one pot and let it boil.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ltrz2025

How some of this lore goes back deeper in time is something I am open too. One thing I do give the bible credit over is the amount of scholars over time that have reviewed and in their collective opinion improved the messages in this book.

This work has been fundamental in the civilization we have today. Just do the right thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Let me correct you something there: the Bible is not a book, it's a compilation of different books. In fact, most of the tales in the Old Testament are stolen myths from other more ancient and sophisticated cultures (such as the Sumerians), that someone appropriated and modified to suit their own agenda.

Most of what you find in the Bible (particularly the Old Testament) is supremacist propaganda: "we are the chosen people of god, everyone must bow to us or die", typical product of power organized as religion. But there is some good stuff there too, not much, but some, like the general aspect of the philosophy of Jesus (as a concept, not as a person), or some of the psalms (which can also be traced back to the Egyptian Book of the Dead).

No question that the bible has been very influential in the "evolution" of western civilization.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Jes-s is a white type angle grinder ufo orb and can turn into an angel light ufo orb, when you call his name will listen to you be there for you and if at all possible preotect you from negativity. A connection with the entity known as Jes-s will improve one's mental state and give you an understanding of positivity in a world that at least on Planet Earth and being a human being, has its issues

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: StarsInDust

They tried to explain it the best they could, with the knowledge that they had, but it wasn’t quite right. Heaven is up there, and so is space and other planets. Mary got pregnant by some magical method, but then there is artificial insemination. The star of David shown brightly over Bethlehem welcoming the birth of a child, but this could have very well have been a space ship.

Yes, the people/scribes other than Jesus' disciples recorded it as best as they could understand it at that time. Even today theologians are not in agreement on the meaning of words in scripture - the meaning of words is everything to understand meaning.

Jesus does explain the universe by trying to explain God, but God is inexplicable, so there is that.

The virgin birth can be explained nowadays as parthenogenesis in humans (very rare), however I doubt artificial insemination was practiced back then. Or it can also be explained through mistranslation.

Starting about 2,300 years ago, the Hebrew Bible was translated into a Greek version now known as the Septuagint. One shortcoming of that translation is its inattention to near synonyms. For instance, the Hebrew words for "love," "mercy" and "compassion" are frequently mixed up, because they mean nearly the same thing. Likewise, because most young women in antiquity were virgins and most virgins were young women, the Septuagint wasn't careful to distinguish the words for "virgin" and "young woman" in translation.

www.huffpost.com...

The star of David was a supernovae as theorized by scientists of today.

Jesus did not put himself on the cross, he only prophesized his death.

But you are right, StarsInDust, individual perception/bias ruled the day back then and continues today.
edit on q00000048228America/Chicago5858America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Jesus is a universal message.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Here's the thing that we all get wrong. The gospel is one way to freedom and change in the world , and it is through supernatural power from above. It only works when it agrees with Gods plan and we do not fully understand his plan at this time. Now , I am not saying that it is the only way to salvation and that everyone else goes to the hell. That was a belief that was held long ago and was incorrect. However for Earth at this time the gospel of and faith and hope can heal more than we think and work true wonders that can not be explained.
edit on 8-2-2023 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: StarsInDust
Mary got pregnant by some magical method, but then there is artificial insemination. The star of David shown brightly over Bethlehem welcoming the birth of a child, but this could have very well have been a space ship.

One important thing to understand is that back in those times, people didn't know how to read or write, they didn't carry books or bought pdfs via amazon. The knowledge back then was transmitted orally, in the form of stories and tales, so people could easily remember them. That's exactly what the Greeks did all their existence, they turned teachings (concepts) into characters and stories, we today know them as "myths". The problem is when people try to read it literally, like the things we read today when we read a news site.

The most logical assumption is that neither Mary, Joseph or Jesus existed as such, but that they were characters created to tell a story, to teach lessons. Parables. Mary, is an imitation of Isis, and Jesus is a copy of Horus. Isis (Mary), represents the divine goddess, mother earth. Mother earth doesn't get "penetrated" by God Father to give life, the sole action of the sunlight (the seed) is enough for the earth to give life. It's the immaculate conception, as all the ancient world understood it. You just need to see the Egyptians, the Sumerians, Persians, Indian, South American, carvings on the walls showing the Sun radiating its rays (life) towards the earth.

The star of Bethlehem that the 3 wise men followed is Sirius. Sirius aligns with the three stars of the Orion belt and point to the point in the horizon where the Sun comes up on December 25th, the winter solstice, aka the rebirth (resurrection) of the Sun/Son. To see this, look in google images for: "sirius orion belt sun"....

The cross, among many things, is also the Southern Cross, which can be seen the sky only during those days of December, also right next to the Winter Solstice Sun. There is a reason why 90% of the depictions of Jesus were drawn with a Sun behind his head. The earliest christian gnostics we know of were called the "HelioGnostics", which is translated as "those who knew the way of the sun". The ancients worshiped the Sun, the moon and the stars, because they believed that the universe and the human being where part of the same thing.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A popular Jewish radical, said to be the son of a carpenter from out of town, who got into trouble with the authorities in Jerusalem, was tortured and then executed. He had a reputation as a miracle-worker and did not deny the claims of divinity that some of his followers made on his behalf.

This led to the formation of a posthumous cult around his reported words and deeds and his gory death. The cult eventually grew to become the state religion of the Roman Empire and, after that empire fell, became one of the principal drivers of the rise of Western civilization. It is today the most popular religion in the world, though it is divided up into a multitude of sects that have often been at war with one another.

Have I left anything out?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

How some of this lore goes back deeper in time is something I am open too. One thing I do give the bible credit over is the amount of scholars over time that have reviewed and in their collective opinion improved the messages in this book.

This work has been fundamental in the civilization we have today. Just do the right thing.

That is assuming their collective opinion on the meaning of words was/is correct, which they are still debating today.

www.huffpost.com...
edit on q00000046228America/Chicago5252America/Chicago2 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

That is assuming their collective opinion on the meaning of words was/is correct, which they are still debating today.

That is a possibility, true, but when you look at the big picture and you see how ALL these words, concepts and circumstantial evidence align and connect to each other, it's quite compelling. You can also see how all these concepts and symbols are used today as well. Don't you see the pyramids, triangles with the eye of horus, the obelisks, the vesica piscises, all around you, even in the dollar bills?... What I'm sharing is nothing but esoteric knowledge (hermetica), which has been shared through the millennia, and that the powers that be always repressed and distorted. But, fair enough, it could be wrong too, or partly wrong. So far, it's the best and most logical conclusion I've found.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ltrz2025

That is a possibility, true, but when you look at the big picture and you see how ALL these words, concepts and circumstantial evidence align and connect to each other, it's quite compelling. You can also see how all these concepts are used today as well, don't you see the pyramids, the obelisks, the vescica pisces, all around you, even in the dollar bills?... What I'm sharing is nothing but esoteric knowledge (hermetica), which has been shared through the ages, and that the powers that be always repressed. But, fair enough, it could be wrong too.

True, and I hope when I read, what I hope are scribes'/translators' correct understanding and meaning of Jesus' teachings, that at the very least, they got the gist of his messages correct.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

True, and I hope when I read, what I hope are scribes'/translators' correct understanding and meaning of Jesus' teachings, that at the very least, they got the gist of his messages correct.

Well, that's hard to say, because, according to the gospel stories (and if they are actually true), all of Jesus' disciples ended up abandoning him or denying him in some way. Moreover, in some passages, Jesus criticizes his apostles telling them how stupid they were. So, they were clearly not the most reliable witnesses you could expect. And then, you need to hope that these apostles (who were quite stupid, by biblical accounts), managed to transfer these teachings properly, and that these were respected as they were told to the scribes; which, then, surely were a succession of many different scribes copying from older copies throughout 300 years.... so, a lot could have been changed, erased, or added.

Anyhow, at the end of the day, you are still in the same place. You have to read something, but pass it through your own perception. Take what's useful, disregard what's not. I consider Jesus's commandments "good and acceptable" in general, although a bit narrow, as they are quite "basic", taken out of context most of the time and not very sophisticated, specially when you compare it to most sophisticated metaphysical works, like the Egyptian Book of the Dead, or the Upanishads from India.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join