It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear God. Give me strength to heal others.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I was inspired by another user's open letter to the Father.

I took it upon myself to share as well.

Dear God.

Thank you for everything.
And I do mean every thing.
Every obstacle you laid on my path was an opportunity to better myself.

I see this now, and I've come to such an opportunity in my life at this time.

Without going too in depth about my life, I can summarize that I lost everything and drifted in search of myself for years.

Beginning 2 years ago, I underwent a drastic transformation, and I See now.

I live in Spirit. I am blessed to hold this in awareness and cherish this as your greatest gift to me.

I've always wanted to help people, to be of use. But this has now grown into a fervent need.

I want to be a beacon of Light for those around me.
I want to cast away the darkness for those who dwell therein.
I want to heal the sick.
I want to protect the weak.
I want to be like your Son, my Brother, my Lord.

I am a sinner. My spirit is stained with filth. But I walk in the Light. I attempt to follow His path in my own way.

I have a chance to heal others today.
I've decided to become a paramedic at a late stage in my life. For the first time in a long while, I have ambition.

I ask that you give me the strength I need so I can help others and be fulfilled.

Let me be a light to the world, I beg you.
Let me stand by Christ's side and do your bidding.

I am your son.

I am a man.

I was made in your image.

Give me strength to be the greatest Me I can be.

For you.

For me.

For them.

Thank You.

I Love you all.

^_^

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: QwertyMyself

Dear God give him the knowledge to do his job accordingly.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The prayer of St Francis.

God bless and keep you and your family safe.

edit on 14-1-2023 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Continue your walk with God for he is with you.

Heal the body and spirit in Jesus name.

Amen

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Is this the ATS equivalent of people who make TikTok videos exhibiting their selfless and charitable gestures while everyone pretends the camera isn't there and the whole exchange isn't scripted or premeditated by all parties involved?

Instead of typing hollow platitudes, go serve. Let your IRL labors reflect your sincerity and commitment.

edit on 14-1-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Is this the ATS equivalent of people who make TikTok videos exhibiting their selfless and charitable gestures while everyone pretends the camera isn't there and the whole exchange isn't scripted or premeditated by all parties involved?

You make it feel like reddit.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Disclaimer... I'm not a christian so my understanding may be wrong here but the biggest problem I see here is the "My spirit is stained with filth" which to my mind is the biggest set of hobbles put on humanity, probably by organized religion/churches to control the people and never the intention of the creator.

Unless you actively do, and have done, truly evil things you are probably normal. Normal is having moments we are not proud of or being spiritually stuck, but we learn from them. Many of these things are just nature and the scriptures are supposed to remind us that we can control our emotions, judgements and rise toward the spiritual realm with love. Our animal nature is part of god and creation, it was put there for survival initially and we may find it very challenging at times but I can't see it as evil if it's part of god's creation. With this I mean an animal getting eaten will perceive it as evil, but the animal doing the eating won't.

That said, I do believe there is too much evil in our world, at the moment, because we have handed our god given power over to psychopathic governments and corporations. It is a massive learning experience.

The atrocities that happen under this system are out of line with nature and I believe it is our spiritual duty to stand against it.

This isn't an inherent evil in man/woman as the system would have us believe. Because most people's sins are things about lying about being sick to get a day off work or stole something as a kid, we don't even think along the lines of evil as those who control us so naively accept the concept of humanity as fallen and become scapegoats. I'm thinking groups like child traffickers here. We are duped into the concept that we are collectively evil to muddy the water around their extreme behaviour.

I don't think it's healthy to say your 'spirit is stained in filth'. It's incongruent with 'I live in spirit'. Handing yourself over to god means letting go, being one with god. All filth left behind.

This is just me musing. V

ery cool you decided to be a paramedic. There's a huge need and though it would have heartbreaking moments, it would also be an honour to assist in the hardest moments of a person's life.

I hope you find peace in any path that god opens for you.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I will also pray for you and success in your endeavor.

I pray you do not lose sight of your mission and that you do not fall into the traps the world has set.

I spent a lot of years working with paramedics. The relationship was a good one, and I viewed them as the first tier of our rapid response team. Then the TV series started coming out about police officers, then paramedics, and all went south from there.

Suddenly police officers thought of themselves as soldiers on the front line, and the people they were to protect and serve, became the enemy. Same with the paramedics. They went from being medical assistance in the field, to becoming medical experts that did need instructions from any doctor or nurse, and the patient became a necessary inconvenience.

Please don't believe the hype, and stay clear of the bad ass that has an ego the size of Mercury. Remain humble. Remain a servant, and remember your prayer.

Just a suggestion.

edit on 14-1-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

10 "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.' 13 But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' 14 I (Jesus) tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted." (Luke 18:10-14, ESV)

I agree with NightSkyeB4Dawn on the advice to keep in check with maintaining your humbled heart. And kudos for you for taking on that much needed help with Emergency service.

Beginning 2 years ago, I underwent a drastic transformation, and I See now.

I live in Spirit. I am blessed to hold this in awareness and cherish this as your greatest gift to me.

The Helper will continue to guide you. Keep gathering with Him, and many many other things will be revealed to you.
I myself have been putting a lot of thought into the power of healing and casting out evil things, and how I have a feeling we are about to see a Spirit-filled people bringing back the True power of God through His Spirit, to heal, open eyes, make the lame walk, and cast out evil spirits. And it won't be done through any religion. It will come thru a rise in faith and a rise in Spirit in us. God has been leading me to the faith I need on this, as well. So your OP hit close to home for me.
Keep walking with God, with our Lord Jesus, and in His Spirit. You're going to do great.
edit on 14-1-2023 by AOx6179 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Brother, that spirit is already here. It never left.

It's been forgotten

a reply to: AOx6179

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Bless you.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Instead of typing hollow platitudes, go serve. Let your IRL labors reflect your sincerity and commitment.

Maybe it's a way to ask to be held accountable.

I mean, seriously, most of us on here don't have a clue who each other is, so it really couldn't be about 'hollow platitudes'.

But thanks anyway for your hollow criticism of someone who is apparently trying to better themlseves.

As to the OP...

God be with you and yours!

top topics

join