It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omicron XBB.1.5 does not have mutations that are too harmful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   
There is big talk now on Japanese TV about the wild spread of XBB.1.5. virus. My question is did it originate off the first Covid 19 virus 3 years ago.
Also this variant seem not to be so dangerous. Omicron XBB.1.5 does not have mutations known to make people sicker, WHO says.

Anyone here keeping up this this? Although the video again is from a Japanese TV, maybe if you just translate the comments that will help you. Some are funny and not so serious.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I just find it funny that they have to keep trying scarier names for these variants.

And remember:

What doesn't kill you, mutates and tries again.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

There is no fear mongering regarding this variant. All news sources I've seen have stated that this variant is less harmful than others.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Let’s see……naming the variants in Japan can come from the pantheon of atomic giant creatures, such as Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, etc…

👽
edit on 14-1-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

Let’s see……naming the variants in Japan can come from the pantheon of atomic giant creatures, such as Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, etc…

👽

I am just surprised they haven't tried the Trump variant yet. Half the US would go loco.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
I just find it funny that they have to keep trying scarier names for these variants.

And remember:

What doesn't kill you, mutates and tries again.

There is no truth in what you said here, viruses by there very nature want to survive and spread, killing the host dose not accomplish this. Viruses get weaker in order to spread more. If what you said was true they wouldn't need to do gain of function research.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
They ARE trying to scare people by constantly announcing new variants. They ARE scaremongering.

It's not necessarily the Japanese. They're doing it in the US too.

top topics

join