It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Human be taught to not do evil in this world

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Today we see a 6 year old bring a gun to school and shoot a teacher. That is of an evil mind. I go to church in a humble mind set of I am me with my direction in life with the teachings of my childhood. ( I won't explain it, one just has to live the thought of ones consciousness of their spiritual inner belief and acceptance of free of guilt to the teachings of the church they belong too) Maybe when you are reading this, you maybe thinking of MIND CONTROL over the weakness of the churches rules, which may or not may be God's given advice/teachings .
My eyes are open these days with the prayers that I seek in life. Yes, it may take years, but I believe " a shock of truth " is the knowledge that is answered in our prayers.

Is evil a shadow of truth?

I was reading today and I came across something that is a bit over my level of understanding. This is it...
"When the mind exists undisturbed in the Way, nothing in the world can offend, and when a thing can no longer offend, it ceases to exist in the old way."

Can someone here share some thoughts of the above teaching.
thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Can Human be taught to not do evil in this world

If humans can be taught to not do evil, perhaps the corollary is also true.

Is it possible the 6 year old heard his parents talking about how badass they were and would shoot anyone that threatened them?

Could that have an impact on a young, impressionable mind? You reap what you sow....Gal 6:7

edit on 10-1-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Kind of asking if a fish can live in the ocean without it getting wet.

Evil is part of life you cannot have good without the other the parasites that influence the world are Gnostic who follow duality.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Today we see a 6 year old bring a gun to school and shoot a teacher.

Is evil a shadow of truth?

I was reading today and I came across something that is a bit over my level of understanding. This is it...
"When the mind exists undisturbed in the Way, nothing in the world can offend, and when a thing can no longer offend, it ceases to exist in the old way."

thanks

It was very sad to hear about such a young child, barely not a baby anymore, shooting their teacher. I never read any articles, just couldn't.

"Is evil a shadow of truth?" - I believe evil takes the truth and uses it almost verbatim sometimes, but twists it just enough to be deceptive. This is where "discernment" as a Christian teaching comes in. I have many examples of this, but have been working on a book about a related subject so I can't really offer much here other than yes, evil is almost truth but in disguise.

The Buddhist teaching you quoted - Basically it is telling us that "the way" is what we need to strive for. We need to let go of all pre-conceived notions of right/wrong, good/bad, feelings about others/anything, etc. Same story...different day. Empty out your mind to win. Back to the book I have been researching and hope to write this year - these particular beliefs are talked about.

imho, the Bible says we as humans were born into sin and no one can be perfect except for Jesus. He died for our sins as a way to reach a holy, perfect God. If it were possible for humans to be "taught" not to be evil, they wouldn't really be humans but merely robots of some kind.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Re: a six year old shooter. It's a fact children learn what they live; who taught this child violence is the way to handle what you don't like, and how harsh were the measures used on him?

His parents are the ones who should have been arrested, and he should be in a treatment center.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1
Exactly - the child belongs in an institution, he is a major danger to himself and others obviously.
And those parents should be hit with criminal charges.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Yeah, zen is a cool teaching!

The thing you are struggling with is, that you assume the world has to be taught to behave according to your moral code, for you to not feel offended.
it's a process of self-reflection that makes these offenses cease to exist. Why is it offending me, is the first question. It's a mostly unpleasant process that basically consists of understanding the program that gives you output
ffended
When the input is :X.
It's worth the effort as undisturbed is quite relaxing

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

children want to do GROWN UP THINGS,good or BAD

whether drinking, smoking, guns, sex,
or even just staying up late,
there is NOTHING you can keep from your kids,
they see and hear EVERYTHING.. good or BAD

they look up to you
they love YOU, and want to do EVERYTHING you do
you are their teachers until they move out

you locked something away?
they see that challenge and take it personally

you wave around a glock, aiming at friends saying pop, pop, pop...
YOUR KIDS WILL DO IT TOO

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

thanks

When you observe something with mind. The mind labels and judges everything it witnesses according to its own values. When you observe something without mind there is no labels, no judgement. We see things as they truly are. Not as we believe them to be.

That may seem impossible for majority of us that have existed as their mind for a majority of their life. However, all of us can focus on our finger for few seconds at least with our mind remaining perfectly still. With meditation we can train the mind to cease its judging for longer and longer periods. The constant roar of thoughts from mind giving way to greater and greater solitude. Rather than nulling the mind. The mind becomes more focused when we need it to make judgement's.

Why is it important. Our pure awareness only operates in the now. The mind only operates in memories of past/future tense. Whilst we exist as mind we exist in a dream. A dream that is less potent than REM sleep but a dream neverless. When the Buddha achieved spiritual enlightenment. He said he awakened. That is what he meant.

That which is our pure awareness, without mind, is the eye of our soul. We pollute that eye with thoughts from the eye of our mind. Thus Matthew 6:22...

The light of the body is the eye:
if therefore thine eye be single,
thy whole body shall be full of light.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2023 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You are controlled when you think you are in control. To lose everything is to gain everything. What you think is bad can actually be good.

posted on Jan, 22 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I read this morning that that 6-year-old actually wanted to set his teacher on fire. Now where does a kid that age get such an idea.

I think his parents are absentee or very sick. He heard of it from something he shouldn't have been watching or his parents discussed doing such a thing to something or someone else.

Either way, it's pure evil, and so is anyone who thinks that way. That being said, I think man has the capacity to be incredibly evil, and we've seen proof of that time and again.

Can we be taught NOT to do evil? Yes, but will that teaching stick?

It's a case-by-case thing. From the look of it, man is inherently evil. That's an awful tough habit to break.

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Can we be taught NOT to do evil? Yes, but will that teaching stick?

Be merciful, do good to those who do you wrong, that way you set the example.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You are the evil in this world.

You are [insert pronoun] man.

You have fallen... cast from grace.

edit on 25-2-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

top topics

join