It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Main Reasons Why Aliens Don't Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Why Aliens do not Exist
Through out the cold war there where hundreds of apparent 'UFO' sitings [rosswell was one of the main] The U.S government only used 'UFO' fantisy as a false flag to cover up and distract the public [and Russia] from its real covert operations. And it worked unfortuately people fell for the b*ll*hit political propaganda.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis
5. How come all aliens look the same, as in movie aliens.

Or could it be why do movie aliens look like real aliens?

If aliens exist, obviously it must be a secret to the elite. And as time goes on, people will eventually discover their existance. So how would you stop them?

Make a movie. After viewing the movie, people will be programmed that the particular alien is fiction. Don't believe me?

How many people do you know respond similar to "ha ha ha, you've been watching too many movies" when confronted with the subject of extraterrestrials?

It's not even a humourous subject, but a rather interesting one. Pity a lot of people don't understand that...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

1. If the government knew, or a number of people knew aliens existed, why aren't there more people coming forward trying to capitalize on it by selling books, movie deals, or interview time.

2. How come all the videos are blurry clips that only last a few minutes.

3. How come whenever a picture is released, only one is released and it's usually a little blurry. You would think that someone who just happened to have a camera around when a spaceship flies by would take more than one picture. And on top of that, you'd think they'd claim rights to it and sell the pictures.

4. How come there aren't occurences that are caught on film while filming live on tv. You would think they'd capture that occasionally.

5. How come all aliens look the same, as in movie aliens. Is it because if they looked liked demons, or what society thinks a demon looks like, they wouldn't believe in aliens? You'd instead be proving demons exist.

----------------------------------------------------

I'm skeptical, these are my main reasons for not believing in the alien hype. If you have some more reasons for not believing in aliens, please add them to see how others are justifying excusing these common reasons why aliens don't exist.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Gazrok]

When you say aliens dont exist, do you mean in the context of saying they arent visiting Earth right now, or in the universe entirely? To say humanity is the only intelligent civilization in the universe is foolish.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lord Altmis

you're a #ing retard. seriously.
everything you stated is either untrue based on minimal research, or simply moronic.

dig your #ing head out of the sand and join the rest of the intelligent life on this planet.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I'd say if one did, we'd never know. Under that same premise, you could say bigfoot, trolls, vampires, werewolfs, and dragons exist.

Because how do you know that there isn't some planet out there somewhere in a far off galaxy that could be harbouring some dragon race?

I think that's absurd to use that as justification for the existence of life. If you believe that, you must by the same logic, believe anything I possibly say could exist. Because how would you know it doesn't?

No it isn't absurd. There's a big difference between saying that there could be a dog in my backyard and saying that there could be a 5000 foot long ant in my backyard. The first one is very likely, the second one is very unlikely. In the case of alien life in our universe, it is extremely likely. We haven't even catalogued every species in our planet, it would be absurd to say there's no alien life in our universe.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I don't know. I'm skeptical about that too. Just because there are other planets and solar systems doesn't mean there is life on them. Some of those planets are too hot, too cold, too far from light, or have no characteristics of life. You would need life at the lower levels to support life at the higher levels. And most don't even have that.

People with this logic are true idiots. You might be smart on some issues... but my god that's just moronic... good luck.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Internet has done precisely what it was meant to to do - separate myth from fact. 20 years ago, there weren't the discussion forums we have today.

Today we are able to distill more recent cases - pictures, videos, accounts by mass examination - Quickly. Cases do not have enough time to become legend.

These forums alone have helped straighten out some high profile accounts and knicked prominent people in the field. I think people can believe so long as they can remain clearly objective.

People whose belief system pushes them to perpetrate false images, videos, or accounts really need to understand they are only undermining the whole idea. A bad ruse only perpetuates or hardens a cynical view on UFOs and Aliens.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The main reason why aliens dont exist is because i havent created them yet......

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I believe you are thinking a little too small here. There are not just some stars, planets, and solar systems out there. There are tens of billions of them in a universe that could possibly be infinite.

The proof is that scientists are looking for life in our own solar system and believe they have a good chance of finding it. They are doing so because there are moons and planets with all the elements needed for life to exist in some form. Not only in our solar system but we have recently detected some of these elements needed for life on a planet in our galaxy. So we know what's needed for life is out there in different parts of our galaxy. But who are we to say there might be a life-form that lives off completely different elements..

We are finding life on earth in places we thought life would not exist and what's amazing about this is that some of these location's are not too different from conditions on some moons and planets in our solar system.

Now with that said out of the billions of stars, billions of solar systems, and billions upon billions of galaxies in this universe do you truly think there isn't life out there? I know a bunch of scientists have calculated that the amount of intelligent civilizations possible in our own galaxy is around 50,000. Link to an the equation ( members.verizon.net... )

The thing that most people just don't get is that if there is life out there it's not just a few hundred years more advanced than us. There's a good chance it's millions of years more advanced.

With that in mind look what the human race has done in only a few thousand year's.

We wouldn't even be able to comprehend what is possible for a civilization that's that far ahead in advancement than us.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by The_Sixth]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Its more or less a fact that there is other life out there!
There are billions and billions and billions of planets that we dont have the technology to reach yet. Now dont you think out of all them planets there could be another planet like earth? and that may be more advanced than us?
Also, the goverment will never come out and admitt anything because if they did it would cause a riot. People would start panicking and would be furious for them for keeping it a secret.
There has been thousands, maybe millions of sightings of UFO's. Speaking from experience, i was too mezmorized by what i saw i did not think to run and grab the camera. I mean im really down to earth and all, im not some science wiz that goes to all these conventions and stuff but i have seen a UFO 3 times now and im only a teenager.
But everyone has there views i guess.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't think anyone reasonable denies the possibility of other intelligent life forms in the universe, maybe even among us on Earth but undetectable.

But when you take in the vast catalogue of sightings and claims particularly of sterotypical little men in low tech crafts coming down through the atmosphere. it all starts becoming dubious.

In previous centuries what people couldn't understand with their senses transmitted the unknown assumed the form of angelic or ghostly visitations. The human mind tries hard to impose some definable shape and form onto what's not comprehended. For this reason alien sighting conform to Hollywood versions of ships and creatures through the decades.

One explanation is that some of may be experiencing views of things intersecting dimensions that we interpret as life forms visiting us.

Sadly we are incessently barraged by con men, the self deluded, the hopeful, who gives us reports but inevitably inadequate proof of alien visitations. The excuses are many - the government is covering it up, they erase memories, no one is taking the claims seriously.

So many have been looking for so long, and there's still nothing conclusive.
The breakthough is always around the corner. How is it that with thousands of incidents somehow never produce a tangible artifact or something indisputable. A pattern is unmistakeable.

I'm sorry, but when all is weighed in, the evidence just does not stand up.

Mike F

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I have sat with an alien, so you believe what you must from your limited understanding, as for me you could never prove to me other wise.

I say this to you, "Oh yes they do exist."

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I have sat with an alien, so you believe what you must from your limited understanding, as for me you could never prove to me other wise.

I say this to you, "Oh yes they do exist."

I've sat with an angel, a demon, a vampire, a reptilian person.

Or at least I think I have.

MF

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hello, Mr. Ignorant, may i call you that, because you are obviously ignorant. What doesn Alien/ET mean?, simply, life, from a planet other than earth. No need to be intelligent, no need to be this or that, this is the requirement:
A natural system that has Movement, Respiration, Sensitivety, Growth, Reproductive, Excretion, Nutrition, and is from a planet other than earth, it doesn't even need DNA, and a virus from another planetis NOT an ET or Alien.
So, do i have proof that such a thing exists, okay, on earth they discovered 3 meteorites, the first they discovered was that of the ALH84001, what is different about these three?

The ALH84001 meteorite was found on December 1984 on Antarctica by members of the ANSMET project; the meteorite weighs 1.93 kg.[13] The sample was ejected from Mars about 17 million years ago and spent 11,000 years in or on the Antarctic ice sheets. Composition analysis by NASA revealed a kind of magnetite that on Earth, is only found in association with certain microorganisms;[12] Then, in August 2002, another NASA team led by Thomas-Keptra published a study indicating that 25% of the magnetite in ALH 84001 occurs as small, uniform-sized crystals that, on Earth, is associated only with biologic activity, and that the remainder of the material appears to be normal inorganic magnetite. The extraction technique did not permit determination as to whether the possibly biologic magnetite was organized into chains as would be expected. The meteorite displays indication of relatively low temperature secondary mineralization by water and show evidence of preterrestrial aqueous alteration. Evidence of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) have been identified with the levels increasing away from the surface.
From wikipedia, more info here en.wikipedia.org...
Ahh the next meteorite, this is trully fun, The Nakhla Meteorite:

The Nakhla meteorite fell on Earth on June 28, 1911 on the locality of Nakhla, Alexandria, Egypt.[16][17]
It is probably just the effect of water but is still something to take note of. Here is more info en.wikipedia.org...
And last but not least, the Shergotty:

The Shergotty meteorite, a 4 kg martian meteorite, fell on Earth on Shergotty, India on August 25, 1865 and was retrieved by witnesses almost immediately. [22] This meteorite is relatively young, calculated to have been formed in Mars only 165 million years ago from volcanic origin. It is composed mostly of pyroxene and thought to have undergone preterrestrial aqueous alteration for several centuries. Certain features in its interior suggest to be remnants of biofilm and their associated microbial communities.[12] Work is in progress on searching for magnetites within alteration phases.
more info here en.wikipedia.org...
Ok so weve got that over wit, lets look at something else, intelligent life.
The drake equation.
lets look at it this way,
R* is the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy
fp is the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne is the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
fℓ is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point
fi is the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life
fc is the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
L is the length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.
Here is the equation. N = R* X fp X ne X fe X fi X fc X L,
just search up drake equation and u can prob find the values easily.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
1. If the government knew, or a number of people knew aliens existed, why aren't there more people coming forward trying to capitalize on it by selling books, movie deals, or interview time.

there are tons of people who do.

2. How come all the videos are blurry clips that only last a few minutes.

because all the good videos are immediately discounted as fake.

3. How come whenever a picture is released, only one is released and it's usually a little blurry. You would think that someone who just happened to have a camera around when a spaceship flies by would take more than one picture. And on top of that, you'd think they'd claim rights to it and sell the pictures.

not true. there are some very large collections of very clear UFOs.

4. How come there aren't occurences that are caught on film while filming live on tv. You would think they'd capture that occasionally.

who said there aren't?

5. How come all aliens look the same, as in movie aliens. Is it because if they looked liked demons, or what society thinks a demon looks like, they wouldn't believe in aliens? You'd instead be proving demons exist.

imo, it's because the humanoid form is common in the Universe, or at least in our galaxy.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
If you are wondering if there is life on Mars or the Moon,then let me open your eyes a fraction.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Perhaps a mystery of Mars Headstones keeps popping up like the Easter Island Heads to cause a "re-think" in what we think we KNOW about Mars and the past,present and future life there.
They seem to be most often seen atop mounds or hills.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

To say aliens dont exist is being verrry arrogant we are 1 planet in a universe that is ever expanding. And there are billions of billions of planets out there that could have life just like ours on it. The reason you dont hear about it is the government hides it and do you really think that if the government had a good quality video or picture of an alien craft they would show anyone. Ha they wouldnt show any one at all and the especially wouldn't let it be on tv. I want you to try something. while your watching movies on stars or hbo notice the movies that come on and notice the movies that are coming out in theaters they government lets you know about whats happening by the movies and the media attention on certain things. Like a couple months ago a asteroid came very close to earth but did you hear about it no not until after it passed. BUT during that week they had movies like armageddon and movies like that coming on tv see what i mean. Just pay attention next time something major is announced see if the tv shows dont match whats going on. Now movies like district 9 are coming out look it up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join