It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin orders Russian army to observe 36-hour ceasefire.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Thanks for selectively quoting. Your own source.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's a predicament and a half i suppose and on paper that would seem to bring another 344,750 men to the fight given Belarus reserve personnel, if they choose to enter the war.

But that is only on paper, i don't see Belarus being able to field nor support that many men realistically.

As far as im aware it takes more than a couple of months to recruit and train a capable fighting force.

Come spring it may very well be something reminiscent of the battle of Stalingrad.

Because it simply doesn't look like Ukraine is up for surrender nor capitulation anytime soon.
edit on 5-1-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: andy06shake

While I agree, the inverse is true too.

As of yesterday there are reports Belarus is calling it’s men to the recruiting offices for a possible draft.

Spring will likely be the beginning or an end.

Men will kill over nothing if ordered to do so, but very few men are willing to die over nothing, regardless of orders.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It's a predicament and a half i suppose and on paper that would seem to bring another 344,750 men to the fight given Belarus reserve personnel, if they choose to enter the war.

But that is only on paper, i don't see Belarus being able to field nor support that many men realistically.

Pretty much everyone is of the mind Belarus will never join the fight, their always so close to a 'leadership change' that if they started committing troops to the fight with ruZZia, Luka#ko would be dead in the streets by sun down... the internal Belarus opposition are a big step up from anything remotely like it in ruZZia.

And Luka#ko is an utter coward (not to mention a complete idiot)... he'll keep helping ruZZia in other ways, but he'd flee the country before putting himself in any kind of danger.

Every Bellarus battalion now fighting in Ukraine (alongside the Ukrainians, and there are a number of them) would immediately head home if anything happened on that possibility.

edit on 5-1-2023 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I see that Ummm You sir has buggered off. Again.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
I see that Ummm You sir has buggered off. Again.

So what?

Are you here for discussion or attacks?

People have lives and things to do, other than cater to you. LOL

The Orthodox Church will have to "bugger" off during the ceasefire or be harrassed by Zelensky too.

Smart move IMO.

edit on 1/5/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

What are you here for?

Attacks, apparently.

Zzzzzzzzz.....

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BigfootNZ

Sounds about right.

Belarus would need to be nuts to stick its head into that bee's nest Putins war in Ukraine has become.

End of the day they are not going to want to die in the thousands for Putin's failed wet dream.

Plus if their military might amounts to the likes of what the Russians can field half of their equipment is apt to fall apart and they are apt to get their arses handed to them as soon as they encounter some Javelins or HIMARS from afar.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: alldaylong

Well, we canny really hold them to account for telling Putin where to stick it.

I mean if Russian forces went back home I'm sure Ukraine's tune would change.

And then the collaborators in Eastern Ukraine get massacred after the Russians leave...

I don't fancy that outcome.

Do you?

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What are you here for?

Attacks, apparently.

Zzzzzzzzz.....

No, you'll never see me gloating about chasing someone off. Not my style.

I'd rather communicate, from an intellectually honest point of view.

Anyway, hopefully Zelensky doesn't persecute those believers because of his hate for Putin and Putin's attempt at a humanitarian ceasefire.
edit on 1/5/2023 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I fancy peace on Earth and goodwill toward mankind Wide-Eyes but that was last month and chance would be a fine thing indeed.

As to what happens to collaborators, as history clearly illustrates they don't fare too well.

What's the alternative let Russia walk all over Ukraine?

And then what happens next?

Putin made Russias bed, they are going to have to lay for the foreseeable.

He made them the European pariah and outcasts by invading Ukraine and thats not apt to change anytime soon.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Do you have any evidence for that?

Are they fighting NATO troops, armour, boots on ground, aircraft, etc?

I don't think so.

Fairly sure that NATO has quite a few Tomahawk, Cruise missiles, tanks, armour, artillery, aircraft etc left ( seeing as how they haven't actually used any of that stuff).

Ummm...

Nato weapons

NATO weapons

NATO weapons

NATO weapons

And on and on and on....

It's been common knowledge for quite some time now...do keep up...

YouSir

I came across a interesting video a month or so ago somewhere of train movements in Russia of supplies heading to the front 2-3 miles long each ,every hour just on one line but the rolling stock intrigued me its condition was ancient but you do not run with old stock like that if their is a slight chance of a brake failure , i think that little 400 square mile dumb the Russians have in the Urals was getting emptied of the old vintage stock the carriage's looked a hundred plus years old and the trucks looked 1920s but like vintage old stock .

This is going to be a interesting year

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I say draw a line at the current line of control and be done with it. Ukraine keeps Kherson city, loses a piece of Donetsk, most of Luhansk, and Mariupol.

Crimea and the Donetsk People's Republic don't exactly want to be a part of Ukraine. At this point, people are dying over small amounts of grass and blown up houses on the ground.

Ah, but this is where pride and nationalism and all of that come in. Well, Russia definitely committed serious war crimes during this conflict, completely # on them. They can chase that through international courts but Russia will never hand over those charged.

You could start to get to peace and permanent ceasefire if they were open to drawing new borders, not of the entire "annexed" territories but the current lines of control. Zelenskyy seems too prideful as if doing this would be some kind of defeat for Ukraine despite the fact that they barely have electricity. Speaking of electricity, maybe Russia could hand over the Zaporizhia nuclear plant in negotiations. That should power a few homes.
edit on CST06Thu, 05 Jan 2023 18:32:29 -060000000001b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Putin version of TET ???

Lull everyone with fake ceasefire then attack when guard is down

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Is the Ukrainian Orthodox Church not an Orthodox Church?

Then there is the Uniate Church, Orthodox liturgy , but recognize authority of the Pope

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue
a reply to: gortex

Putin version of TET ???

Lull everyone with fake ceasefire then attack when guard is down

Ukraine didn't buy it and probably isn't abiding by it, so highly doubtful.

Not sure what's actually happening on the ground though.

Donetsk leader said they will return fire.
edit on CST06Thu, 05 Jan 2023 18:40:29 -060000000001b2023 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Is the Ukrainian Orthodox Church not an Orthodox Church?

Then there is the Uniate Church, Orthodox liturgy , but recognize authority of the Pope

Forgive me, but I've not heard of that.

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Uniate Church

Text

Oh, I'm obviously in the wrong.

Lmao, my bad...

posted on Jan, 5 2023 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Thanks for selectively quoting. Your own source.

Ummm…obviously…your comprehension level is so low…that I felt compelled to state the obvious to you…once again…

However…I certainly have no expectation of…or confidence in…any innate ability on your part to actually digest any information provided…

So…there is that…

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join