It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Owner ELON MUSK - The Platform Has Been on The Fast Track to Bankruptcy Since May 2022.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Sunday, December 18, 2022

Below is an excerpt from a conversation Elon Musk had with MIT research scientist and podcast host Lex Fridman, earlier this evening.

"Let me run Twitter for a bit," Fridman said. "No Salary. All in. Focus on great engineering and increasing the amount of love in the world. Just offering my help in the unlikely case it’s useful."

Shortly after Fridman made the offer, Musk responded.

"You must like a lot of pain," he said.

"One catch: you have to invest your life savings in Twitter...And it has been in the fast lane to bankruptcy since May.

Still want the job?"
Source: www.foxbusiness.com...

Is it possible Elon Musk didn't know Twitter was a huge money loser before he paid a staggering $44,000,000,000 ($44 BILLION) for the social media platform?

The process of Musk acquiring Twitter: en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe his purchase of Twitter was motivated by something else, other than to simply own and fix a social media company platform?

-CareWeMust

edit on 12/18/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't understand why he didn't just dump the shares he bought it in to it, after they got squirrely about selling it. He had the upper hand and had many opportunities to change his offer such as when the stories came out about the high amount of bots populating the site.

It's just odd that he stayed with his original offer despite the product looking more and more damaged as the transition progressed.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Makes a person wonder if the government involvement was to keep it from tanking. It sure operated like it was run by the government with all the waste and underperforming employees. Plus as a tool for societal manipulation it performed admirably, incentive for the government to keep it running. But Musk ruined that!

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13
Maybe ruining it for the left/government is it's own reward for him.

I can see the appeal, still it's a lot of money to throw at a losing venture.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

At last close Twitter shares were $53.35
I wonder what they will be worth at tomorrow’s close.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Sunday, December 18, 2022

Below is an excerpt from a conversation Elon Musk had with MIT research scientist and podcast host Lex Fridman, earlier this evening.
Is it possible Elon Musk didn't know Twitter was a huge money loser before he paid a staggering $44,000,000,000 ($44 BILLION) for the social media platform?

Maybe his purchase of Twitter was motivated by something else, other than to simply own and fix a social media company platform?

-CareWeMust

Sure, it's possible he didn't know about the economics of Twitter. He purchased Twitter as a vanity project, thinking it would be easy to "fix". By "fix", of course, I mean turn it to the political Right. He can do that, but I don't think he can make it a viable business by doing that.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Google says Twitter has over 1.3 billion accounts, but only 237.8 million are "monetizable monthly active users."

To be able to try to influence that many people, how much would that be worth?

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Musk can afford to lose $44B. It's not like he had been lugging it around in his backpack.

Since he bought Twitter, I've opened an account. I spend more time there than here. [snipped]
edit on Mon Dec 19 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: starshift
I don't understand why he didn't just dump the shares he bought it in to it, after they got squirrely about selling it. He had the upper hand and had many opportunities to change his offer such as when the stories came out about the high amount of bots populating the site.

It's just odd that he stayed with his original offer despite the product looking more and more damaged as the transition progressed.

Also, I've never seen who the sellers were...who owned/sold Twitter to Musk. There's more to this than Musk investing spare change into a potential hobby.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
Makes a person wonder if the government involvement was to keep it from tanking. It sure operated like it was run by the government with all the waste and underperforming employees. Plus as a tool for societal manipulation it performed admirably, incentive for the government to keep it running. But Musk ruined that!

Those who follow intelligence community activities say the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is the Administrative controller of Twitter. DHS-FBI-ODNI was in a working partnership with Jack Dorsey, then took over all operations after he resigned.

theconservativetreehouse.com... jack-dorsey/

Not Good!

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
a reply to: hangedman13
Maybe ruining it for the left/government is it's own reward for him.

I can see the appeal, still it's a lot of money to throw at a losing venture.

Thank goodness Americans gave the House of Representatives to Republicans, so REAL investigations can occur.

If that had not happened on November 8th, I'd be angry that Elon Musk waited until AFTER the election to reveal how government is working with Twitter and the Liberal Media to shape the American mindset.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

Turn it to the political right? Don't you mean back to the center, because that's all I've seen happen so far? Although I do sometimes forget anything not frothing at the mouth, left-wing is clearly right-wing extremism in its most horrid form; you can't even have a middle ground in this country (or on this planet, apparently) any longer.

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 11:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 18 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:11 AM
link   
That was funny. "You must like a lot of pain." I can only imagine what that means. At least he has a choice to sit on the hot seat and take the pain if he feels spartan enough but chances are he is a pussy like me and would rather do something fulfilling and profitable.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Well, it's a digital world, and Musk has purchased a platform which allows him to develop and innovate. Some may see that as good, while others will see that as bad.

The question for Twitter's previous management is where was the cash in a platform that was becoming increasingly exclusive, with a reputation for nastiness. Oh, and where was the cash in not policing the child abuse accounts, which is perhaps one of the more worrying revelations to have come out of this affair.

Arguably, Twitter was failing because it was not being run as a business, but as a hobby for your mates, in your club. Maybe, just maybe, Musk's business acumen and charisma can make the company into something that works. Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Edward Snowden just stepped up and said he'd do it for Bitcoin.

Personally, considering Elon seems to love trolling the crap out of people, I'm wondering if he'd give CEO position to Alex Jones, Not giving Alex his old account back, but the main account of Twitter.

Just for the trolls...
edit on 19-12-2022 by gspat because: Because - Words

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Everyone said Tesla will fail
Everyone said SpaceX was impossible
Now everyone says Twitter will fail

My bet is it will not fail

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian
Everyone said Tesla will fail
Everyone said SpaceX was impossible
Now everyone says Twitter will fail

My bet is it will not fail

Except Tesla is starting to fail, and investors are already really pissed at Musk's 44 billion dollar mid-life crisis is starting to cost his other companies.

Tesla stock plummets
Investors not happy
Twitter antics are costing him

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Musk can afford to lose $44B. It's not like he had been lugging it around in his backpack.

Can he? Thats about 25 percent of his net. That would be a tough one for me to take..especially after bills and such..The bankruptcy thing was obvious..if it wasn't to him..it was. So the paid a quarter of his monetary value to salvage some company..and yes when You're worth 170 billion, that's all twisty is..some company..Why? Different agenda..gonna sell it off and swipe the influence for the desire..Yep, but what's the desire..Mars is a deflection..choo Choo imagination station…Access..but to what? I know..He wants ATS..alright case closed..Dont sell guys, its a tarp!!

edit on 19-12-2022 by didntasktobeborned because: .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join