It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Routine exercise helps avoid some of the most serious effects of COVID-19

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
A new study shows that different levels of exercise have protective effects against more severe forms of COVID-19:

www.eurekalert.org...

Even minimal exercise has some protective effect. Increased exercise levels are associated with more pronounced patterns of reduced complications and a shorter illness overall. So get out there and shake a leg.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

I saw that (and reminded myself that I need to get out of the chair and get some more exercise.) The percentage of increase in mortality for us sedentary folks is shocking.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Definitely agree! And even better if can get some sunshine .

Lymphatic system needs exercise to work properly, the movement stimulate lymphatic fluid to move.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm on my feet all day and moving at work....does that count as exercise?

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Is *that* why they shut down fitness venues as unsafe? Didn't many of us point out how counterintuitive it was?

Also might explain why I still haven't gotten the 'VID.

edit on 16-12-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

All walking counts, walking is exercise also .

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We want you to be healthy so we are closing gyms and in some countries, also the parks. But the liquor store and big box grocery store are open. Yes you can buy 20 bottles of whisky, but you're not allowed to use the treadmill. Also for your own safety you aren't allowed to go to this store but you can congregate with the whole population of your neighbourhood into this single store. We care about you.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Covid is a glorified cold virus now. Ignoring everything else to focus on one minor thing because of political reasons is the opposite of public health.

But keep the fear going.
edit on 16-12-2022 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2022 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I always joke about that at work. Some people pay for a gym I get paid to excersize at work. Not much light stuff in the field of production lighting. Roping cables down from the catwalks and such and lifting heavy lights all days makes for a great workout...and the walking...so much walking.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0 -- any novel virus that has the ability to construct "pipes" in order to invade the central nervous system and create brain damage is much more than a cold.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd -- I remember a cover comment on The Economist magazine from a few years before the onset of this pandemic: Stand Up! Sitting Kills.

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
a reply to: v1rtu0s0 -- any novel virus that has the ability to construct "pipes" in order to invade the central nervous system and create brain damage is much more than a cold.

Yeah those bioweapons are tricky things, but nowhere near as bad as the "cure."

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uphill
A new study shows that different levels of exercise have protective effects against more severe forms of COVID-19:

www.eurekalert.org...

Even minimal exercise has some protective effect. Increased exercise levels are associated with more pronounced patterns of reduced complications and a shorter illness overall. So get out there and shake a leg.

And CONVERSELY, Exercise is NOT advised after being vaccinated for Covid-19.

Bulletin: myocarditisuk.com...

edit on 12/16/2022 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Regular exercise makes you healthier. Who knew

apologizes for the sarcasm

posted on Dec, 16 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   
At second thought, it seems to me that God has always been very good at putting me where I need to be.

In the run-up to the outbreak of COVID, I had had catastrophic shoulder surgery, and they only way I regaining function was to get up off my butt and get active again. I'd been feeling the itch to do it, but I needed the motivator. That was it.

It literally happened right before COVID, and I was getting into shape right as the outbreak was hitting. I've been in a strenuous exercise and fitness regimen ever since, but had my shoulder not gone out when it did, I likely would still be waffling and who knows?

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko -- very interesting, and thank you for that personal report.

I thought that our family might have some advantage in a pandemic (we are in Los Angeles county, CA) since we have 2 medical doctors in our family, one of those working at a hospital. But it turned out that both were more exposed to COVID-19 in the first year of the pandemic, not less, because there was little or no PPE to be found, even in hospitals. Luckily, both got thru that first year in good shape.

Since then, both got tired of wearing a mask to social events, attended a Thanksgiving gathering; one tested positive for COVID-19 a few days later. The other one stayed healthy.

Everyone, now that we are about to go into our 4th year of this pandemic, if you still have concerns about the mildness/severity of COVID-19, or whether it is a bio-weapon, etc., etc., I sincerely ask every person with those opinions to make a list of those pandemic questions and request an appointment with your medical doctor to go over those questions one-to-one. On such a subject, I cannot teach you anything, but you can learn.

edit on 12/17/2022 by Uphill because: Added a word

posted on Dec, 17 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd -- hi Byrd, I forgot to mention earlier that "walking pads" (looks like a flattish rectangle) are now being sold, which might be more usable in the home setting than home jogging machines.

My fiance + I do mall walks multiple times per week. Do whatever exercise is feasible in your life. I also cook a lot from scratch so there's a fair amount of "standing" time involved while cooking.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill -- new today is a re-organized website from CIDRAP, a US non-profit infectious disease research organization with its current list of top questions about COVID-19 as the Earth enters its fourth year of this pandemic:

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

edit on 12/19/2022 by Uphill because: Added a word.

new topics

top topics

join