It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Poll Finds 4 In 10 People Believe Climate Change Is Natural

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Global Poll Finds 4 In 10 People Believe Climate Change Is Natural

The results of a global poll are sure to shock those who claim that the “science is settled” on climate change – nearly four out of ten people believe it is natural, not man-made.

The worldwide IPSOS survey asked people in 30 countries across five continents to give their views on what they thought was causing climate change.

37 per cent of respondents said they believed it was “mainly due to the kinds of natural phenomena that the Earth has experienced throughout its history.”

In the seven countries where political leanings were recorded, 28 per cent of leftists said they were climate skeptics, while 50 per cent of right-leaning respondents said they were doubtful.

According to energy company EDF, which commissioned IPSOS to conduct the poll, the results were “unexpected.”

“The degree of skepticism over human-caused global warming will shock the ‘settled’ science green catastrophists, who use constant scare tactics to promote the command-and-control Net Zero agenda,” writes Chris Morrison.

I apologize for the obvious bias in the reporting source, they clearly have words to say about the topic itself.

However, it bears mentioning that the veneer over the "everyone believes man is responsible" facade is failing to completely encapsulate the claim. People are beginning to harden to the declarations of environmentalists to the effect of "the science is settled - so shut up!"

Does man affect his environment? - yes. But it does not follow that man can "control" it, or even approach a net zero impact... especially when - by definition, we are practically viewing the problem through a tiny window in time.

Most authorities view the disconnect as a threat to their politics... sad that.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

Well, people see the loudest voices screaming about "man-made" climate change are creating most of the pollution. It's understandable that many people tune them out as the hypocritical scumbags and grifters that they are.

These same people are buying multiple beach homes while trying to scare people about sea level. They own many, sometimes dozens of cars. They fly everywhere on private jets that produce more CO2 than the average person generates in a whole year.

If they don't believe the crap they're pushing, why would anyone else?

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The earth will reverse back to the pre ice age era, we are at the end of the ice age.

The earth will be warmer, and the sea levels will rise.

And is not a darn thing that any globalist will do, but they will make money out of the stupid.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Ya think? Tell it to George and friends crossing the Potomac.
Some of that “science” points to Ice being in our future.
I guess time will tell.
As in all things.
The “science” is not settled, far from it.’Screaming does not make it so.
Let’s just see what plays out, shall we?
We may be in for a surprise, sooner than later.
Open minds and all that…..

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: pic

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

George Washington crossed the Delaware River.

But I agree with your point.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

The ice age was a one time in millennium occurrence thanks to a meteorite that impacted earth, killed the dinosaurs and created a path for earth new species to thrive, the human.

It will take another cosmic occurrence to get into another ice age.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Suffice to say that both those who believe that mankind is responsible for the climate trends, and those who believe that mankind's' responsibility is overestimated have good points in their defense.

Our problems begin when the available experts are corralled into 'teams' (us against them.)

Add the exploitation opportunities, and the people whose job it is to speak for others, and viola! We have this crushing scenario where people in power get to play 'populism for bucks!'

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:38 PM
link   

sigh…..

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yup!
He lived on the Potomac.
I stand corrected…….Thank You watchitburn!!!!
I believe it was his home river he skipped a coin across.
Must have had one hell of an arm though given the width.
The ice imagined in that famous painting was big though….
Break up in dead winter, ugh.

I had to look up where exactly on the Delaware he crossed using Goog Earth after you so kindly corrected me.
My mind had him on the Potomac.
He was near spitting distance to New Jersey.
Learn something new every day!
Thanks again watchitburn!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: thanks!

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: stuff

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: stuff

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxmars
Suffice to say that both those who believe that mankind is responsible for the climate trends, and those who believe that mankind's' responsibility is overestimated have good points in their defense.

Our problems begin when the available experts are corralled into 'teams' (us against them.)

Add the exploitation opportunities, and the people whose job it is to speak for others, and viola! We have this crushing scenario where people in power get to play 'populism for bucks!'

Yes.
The politicization of science is one of modern man's greatest mistakes.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 06:48 PM
link   

You typed, “Suffice to say that both those who believe that mankind is responsible for the climate trends, and those who believe that mankind's' responsibility is overestimated have good points in their defense.”

Well written!

Read, Read!

Or does it go hear hear?
to be politically correct in these post ice age days is tuff.
or is it pre?
Anyway, “they” make ###t up.

edit on 08-19-2021 by PiratesCut because: words

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:11 PM
link   

There have been several ice ages, not just one. The most recent one ended about 11,000 years ago.

Long after the dinosaurs went extinct.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Is many differences on the time of the last age, up to 28 thousand years ago, to recent 11 thousand, still this were more of cooling periods that actual ice age.

We did have a trend of cooling during the last century, prompting scientist to think we were heading for another major cooling period, but it went away.

Now is all about warm we are going to die, or that is what the globalist are telling us.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Back in the late 50's, America had a tv program about science. One program showed that the scientist was drilling into the ice packs in North Pole and discovered that actually there was sub-tropical weather there at one time.
Also in South America, in Peru I believe, once can find ocean life skeletons of many types of sea creatures way up in the mountains. Something for sure happened way back then ? Many things surprise me but one thing stands out... Why does Africa and Australia seem never not to change at all?

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Glacial timeline

1 Quaternary 2.58 – present Neogene, Cenozoic
2 Karoo 360 – 260 Carboniferous and Permian, Paleozoic
3 Andean-Saharan 450 – 420 Ordovician and Silurian, Paleozoic
4 Cryogenian (or Sturtian-Varangian) 850 – 635 Cryogenian, Neoproterozoic
5 Huronian 2400 – 2100 Siderian and Rhyacian, Paleoproterozoic

I am sure you can find variables in the numbers but 5 seems to be recurring with even a cursory google search.

Climate will continue to change, I stopped worrying after the third we have 10 years to change or we will all die in my 50 years on the planet.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

That is a fact that under the ice was signs of warmer weather, Remember the discovery of ice man Otzi, it shows that he lived in a time when it was warmer in the area.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I have faith in earth more than I do in the globalist and their money-making global warming scam.

In 50 years I will not be around anyway. But I am sure earth will still be here and doing just fine.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Our local weather man does a blog for weather geeks like himself.

This is what's coming over the course of the next week through Christmas.

Normally that would be the full subject of the blog, but I sort of feel like what’s coming for next week (a brutal seven-day stretch of Arctic air that will be covering most of the country) is almost more important to write about today.

I’ve talked about it already for about a week or so, and as I’ve mentioned, the model data will tend to play catch up to the coldest potential of this. But this cold is going to test the power grids around some parts of the country, because as I mentioned, this is going to be nasty. Consider yourself warned weeks ahead of time.

I bolded the most important part. Perhaps this is some of why so many people are starting to tune out the enviro-nuts. The ones from on high who lecture don't live the lifestyle they seek to impose and obviously have no intentions of doing so, and we've seen and will see impacts like this from their dictates.

Europe is facing serious suffering this winter thanks to their policies. Sri Lanka collapsed as a country. The Netherlands is seeking to follow that path and seize farmland to shut down farming and food production. Canada is looking to follow suit.

And here comes the cold. The last time this happened. My cousin who is arguably one of the wealthiest of the four of us cousins on my mom's side was caught by a grid blackout and had to take her children to a warm place to escape the cold! Money means nothing in the face of this, and people know it or are learning real fast.

You can't buy what isn't there and the global policy is to make sure it isn't there, not simply expensive.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
As a wealthy globalist I believe anthropomorphic climate chang is the threat of our lifetime; and to show how much I care I plan to take private jets to all corners of the globe to hob nob with other wealthy like minded people.

Am I

A) to stupid to realize my very actions lead others to waist by my example thus exasperating the very issue I most care about?

Or

B) Do I think the vast majority of people are to stupid to see that I am using fear to further my own causes?
edit on 13-12-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 09:12 PM
link   

When you consider that the Earth has survived billions of years and sustained life on it during orbital bombardment by asteroids and comets seething volcanoes massive earthquakes, tremendous floods and fires solar storms all sorts of crap I think that the Earth is gonna be just fine. We’ll probably die out long before the Earth is ever to be worried about. I would suggest the Earth will be just fine until the sun goes into nova. Humanity on the other hand will probably have died out and been replaced by another top species at least three or four more times before the end of this world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join