It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Repackaged Illness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: KKLOCO

a reply to: AaarghZombies

Those figures aren't accurate because most cases of flu aren't reported officially.

Then how do you account for 45 million in 2018, 36 million in 2019, and 38 million in 2020 being reported on?

They're an estimated at best. Do you seriously think that every kid who has a sick day from flu will be counted?

No, I don’t. Which means the numbers are in actuality higher. Now, please explain 2021.

Mask wearing, hand washing and social distancing.

Plus people staying home and playing animal crossing.

link

totally and completely worked for the flu, but couldn't do a thing for Corona Virus. Must be because they are so different in size.

What makes you think it had no impact on Covid?

Flu has a much smaller r value than covid.

Measures to prevent spread of viruses could have the exact same effect on both Flu and Covid, and Flu would cease to spread while covid would continue to infect people.

Or it could be a worldwide conspiracy amongst virtually every medical professional in the world to relableeflu as covid for... reasons?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Yup! For… reasons

“The new payments will be $50,000 per COVID-19 admission, less than the $77,000 in an earlier round.”

50,000 of them in fact…

Payouts for covid cases

a reply to: ScepticScot

edit on 29-11-2022 by Narvasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: AaarghZombies

Those figures aren't accurate because most cases of flu aren't reported officially.

Then how do you account for 45 million in 2018, 36 million in 2019, and 38 million in 2020 being reported on?

They're an estimated at best. Do you seriously think that every kid who has a sick day from flu will be counted?

No, I don’t. Which means the numbers are in actuality higher. Now, please explain 2021.

Mask wearing, hand washing and social distancing.

Plus people staying home and playing animal crossing.

link

totally and completely worked for the flu, but couldn't do a thing for Corona Virus. Must be because they are so different in size.

What makes you think it had no impact on Covid?

Flu has a much smaller r value than covid.

Measures to prevent spread of viruses could have the exact same effect on both Flu and Covid, and Flu would cease to spread while covid would continue to infect people.

Or it could be a worldwide conspiracy amongst virtually every medical professional in the world to relableeflu as covid for... reasons?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

over 2 years now, and it's still a raging pandemic. What metric do you use to judge victory?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Kind of like how Big Pharma would never just tweak and relabel a drug to keep patents on it to make money right? Then “every” medical professional in the world prescribes that drug. These things just don’t happen! Or wait…

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I may have caught the flu. This is the second time in ten years, since leaving the military and no longer required to get a flu shot annually, that I have had these symptoms. Previous was in late November 2019, which may have been COVID. That was worse than this most current experience, although I used the same remedies and recovered faster this time.
I caught this sickness from my brother, who is still sick himself. I considered it a mild flu for me, slightly more serious for him, yet I'm not sure if he even had a fever.
He was manipulated into getting a COVID shot in July 2020, and has been sick multiple times since then. I only bring up this connection because the same person who convinced him to take the shot is now suggesting my brother to go take a COVID test. Our father died on Wednesday of last week, so maybe depression is having a greater affect on his health than mine.
Just my experience.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

1: what has that got to do with what I posted or indeed the topic.

2: With 1 or 2 possible exceptions do we ever really have a victory against a virus?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Narvasis
Kind of like how Big Pharma would never just tweak and relabel a drug to keep patents on it to make money right? Then “every” medical professional in the world prescribes that drug. These things just don’t happen! Or wait…

And the healthcare systems & medical researchers around the world just went along with it because?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   

It's obvius you don't grasp the big picture here.

Flu activity was unusually low throughout the 2020-2021 flu season both in the United States and globally, despite high levels of testing. During September 28, 2020–May 22, 2021 in the United States, 1,675 (0.2%) of 818,939 respiratory specimens tested by U.S. clinical laboratories were positive for an influenza virus. The low level of flu activity during this past season contributed to dramatically fewer flu illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths compared with previous flu seasons. For comparison, during the last three seasons before the pandemic, the proportion of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza peaked between 26.2% and 30.3%

www.cdc.gov...

The flu was almost gone. sure it had the same symptoms as Covid for the most part, and sure as noted above, hospitals were paid well for how many Covid cases they reported.

And the reason given is that with our mitigation techniques, we beat the flu. Mitigation that wasn't followed very well at all. But just the idea of it seemed to scare the flu away. At least while Covid was raging. (Fauci says it's still raging) But since he's on the outs, his word isn't as Godly as it was.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And the healthcare systems & medical researchers around the world just went along with it because?

DERP! They got paid. Bigley.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yup! For… reasons

“The new payments will be $50,000 per COVID-19 admission, less than the $77,000 in an earlier round.”

50,000 of them in fact…

Payouts for covid cases

And in the rest o f the developed world that has universal healthcare?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Source on the 500 cases, please.

link   
You can refer to my other response for the answer to your question lol.

Also, in your reply to network dude you asked what viruses have we had victory against? There are in fact 2 good sir!

“Only two illnesses have been declared officially eliminated by the World Health Organization (WHO) to date: smallpox caused by the variola virus (VARV) and rinderpest caused by the rinderpest virus (RPV). Other efforts have been made to eliminate certain other diseases, such as guinea worm disease, but they have not succeeded yet.”

Eradicated Viruses

link   

Really. All of them?
Know a few people in the medical. Research and hands on. Can't say many are driving Bentleys yet.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You can refer to my other response for the answer to your question lol.

Also, in your reply to network dude you asked what viruses have we had victory against? There are in fact 2 good sir!

“Only two illnesses have been declared officially eliminated by the World Health Organization (WHO) to date: smallpox caused by the variola virus (VARV) and rinderpest caused by the rinderpest virus (RPV). Other efforts have been made to eliminate certain other diseases, such as guinea worm disease, but they have not succeeded yet.”

Eradicated Viruses

As my answer said 1 or 2 exceptions.

Yes one virus ever that affects humans has been eradicated.

Out of how many?

link   

Yup! For… reasons

50,000 of them in fact…

Payouts for covid cases

www.bbc.com...
no idea, the money seems to have all just gone away.

link   

Except that in many places such as Europe and Japan they're on fixed fees, so they get paid the same whether it's covid or flu or a stab wound.

Fees are also a matter of public record, so show me the extra fees please.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   
🥱 Good try at deflecting. Just because there might be universal health care for a country doesn’t mean that country doesn’t pay more per covid case lol. You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing instead of doing any actual research. Universal health care doesn’t mean free health care numbnuts. People living with universal health care get taxed for it heavily. In Germany you only get about half your paycheck because of it.

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

It's obvius you don't grasp the big picture here.

Flu activity was unusually low throughout the 2020-2021 flu season both in the United States and globally, despite high levels of testing. During September 28, 2020–May 22, 2021 in the United States, 1,675 (0.2%) of 818,939 respiratory specimens tested by U.S. clinical laboratories were positive for an influenza virus. The low level of flu activity during this past season contributed to dramatically fewer flu illnesses, hospitalizations, and deaths compared with previous flu seasons. For comparison, during the last three seasons before the pandemic, the proportion of respiratory specimens testing positive for influenza peaked between 26.2% and 30.3%

www.cdc.gov...

The flu was almost gone. sure it had the same symptoms as Covid for the most part, and sure as noted above, hospitals were paid well for how many Covid cases they reported.

And the reason given is that with our mitigation techniques, we beat the flu. Mitigation that wasn't followed very well at all. But just the idea of it seemed to scare the flu away. At least while Covid was raging. (Fauci says it's still raging) But since he's on the outs, his word isn't as Godly as it was.

My answer covered this.

Flu does not spread as much as covid. The same measures could imoact overall cases to vastly different levels

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Really. All of them?
Know a few people in the medical. Research and hands on. Can't say many are driving Bentleys yet.

You'd think that I'd be in line for a bribe by now, but nobody seems interested.

Judging from the number of used Honda and Nissan in the parking lot no one else is getting bribed either.

So, who is getting all of this money, and why isn't it me?

posted on Nov, 29 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yup! For… reasons

50,000 of them in fact…

Payouts for covid cases

www.bbc.com...
no idea, the money seems to have all just gone away.

Nothing in that article about money paid to medical researchers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join