It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you preparing for a deep recession or even a depression

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Well slap me in the face and call me stupid.

For many years I have thought you were just a person who was a bit odd with an avatar of poop on a stick.

Will take you more seriously in the future.
edit on 26-11-2022 by collie because: (no reason given)

Really though, cheers for the explanation, laughin to myself here.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux
Paying debts yes, lookin for sales no. I buy what I need for the winter in summer and vice verca, those are the best sales.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Dependin where you look you can get swim suits and inflatable pools at a steal right now, companies wanna get rid of this stock

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

bought a nice new bbq 2 days ago

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: collie

Life preservers are probably the biblical answer at this point.

Noah, get the boat.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I bought myself a new powerwasher at Menards today to prepare for a depression. It gets me depressed seeing green litchen growing on the siding. My old power washer bit the dust last year, so I bought a smaller one today, it was only a hundred nineteen bucks on Black Friday sale, that was a hundred bucks off and about sixty bucks cheaper than any sale I have seen for a midsized one this year anywhere. I could have got the littler one for sixty bucks after the hundred off, but it was just a little too small.

The wife will not be depressed next summer and I won't be depressed because she was bugging me to wash the house.

I don't need a big powerful commercial one anymore, hopefully this one lasts me about five years or so.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

sorry mods, thread drift but thread thrift

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Bring it to 400 degrees. 6:30 on each side for a steak .75 inches thick. Wrap in foil and let rest for 10 mins.

Make sure it's room temp and only season with salt and pepper.

Grats on the new bbq, make your family some great steaks!

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:42 PM
link   

for me bro, always better to buy the best product out there, not the most expensive.

You spend the few extra bucks and you should have somethin for life.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:44 PM
link   

If not you end up buyin the same sh]t a few times and costs more and dosnt do the job

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This guy knows how to treat a steak, if you can treat your lady as well as you do that you gonna have a happy life. I don't mean cook her.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:48 PM
link   

What am I doing? The same thing I have been doing... keeping things in repair, making sure I have necessary supplies, investing in tools and knowledge of how to use them, etc.

In my favor, I am on SS Disability. If inflation goes up, so does my check. Medicare takes care of medical expenses. Most people can't live on that low fixed income, but I can. I have spent my life staying out of debt. I own my home and I own my car... no bank involved.

I have chickens for eggs and meat if necessary, deer to hunt behind the house, and what I need to grow a small garden. Plus plenty of nut and fruit trees/bushes. I add a couple every year. I have oak lumber right here for building, and contacts to help me get more from my own trees if need be. I also have friends who I help when they need it and who will help me when I need it. Not Facebook friends... actual people I know who live nearby and who I visit occasionally. When we have a surplus of eggs, I don't sell them... I take them to neighbors. That establishes that I will be there if they need help and makes it likely that they will be there when and if I need help.

Every year I add something new to make survival easier. Next year it will be an egg incubator. I also plan on restoring my front porch, growing another small garden, and making room for some new tools that I might get later on. That's a full year for me. Heart issues suck.

That's my survival strategy.

Money will become tighter as time goes on... that's just the way of things. Has anyone ever noticed that no one ever has enough money? No matter how much someone has, they always... always "need" more. I can have enough food... I can have enough tools... I can even have enough knowledge, But I will never have enough money. If, some day, I were to start thinking maybe I had enough money, something would happen and I would suddenly need more. I have also noticed in my life that at the very times when I really need the money I have accumulated, it will disappear. Maybe due to inflation, maybe due to theft, maybe due to losing my job... but it always disappears when it is needed the most.

My tools are always right there. My knowledge is always in my head. My friends will actually show up when I need them most.

Besides, things are going to be changing in the next few years. I doubt anyone will recognize what exists afterward. The only thing consistent in the world is the lack of consistency. Anyone who is thinking about preparing for their future now is already far too late to make much of a difference. The time to prepare ended at least five years ago.

Bring it on.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The one month treasury is paying higher yields than the 10 year rate.

What are you doing right now to prepare for this recession?

link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
I envy you brother, I live in a bit of a # area in Valencia, concrete jungle.

link   

originally posted by: collie

for me bro, always better to buy the best product out there, not the most expensive.

You spend the few extra bucks and you should have somethin for life.

I have mostly commercial tools, and I am 67 yrs old now. My last two power washers were good ones but they corroded and fixing them was not worth it, the last one I junked, the part was fifty bucks more than this power washer cost.

I was a builder, everything I bought was built good. But nowadays, it seems even the expensive stuff is junk. My old saws and nailers are all working, some are forty years old. The new replacements these days you can buy...lucky if you can get five years out of them. My old makita 9.6 volt tools are all still working, most were abused on the job....and I bought most all of those back in the eighties....the only batterys that have failed are from the drill I bought in eighty seven and the jig saw I bought in eighty eight, the rest are still working good after years of abuse by my workers and me.

Nothing is made like they used to make contractor grade tools anymore, everything is death dated. My Nilwaukee sawsall I use the most was bought in seventy four, I have taken it apart and regreased it four or five times and it is in good shape yet.

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Damn dude, that was some truth bombs right there.

Thank you, much love brah!

posted on Nov, 26 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You are very lucky to have lived in the time period you did...and had the sense to use it. Those options are no longer available. You can work hard learn and save for the means to own the tools to practice a trade...but beyond that you are screwed. Hence why I try to work hard for some means to buy. I learn all I can to be useful. And I aim well and shoot fast because ultimately if you're dead nothing else matters. Also in a sea of pirates I will pirate too...just gonna target consolidated shipments like those which have been pirated lol.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Kinda lost myself here. My wife is form a small town up in the mountains in the north east of Croatia, we have a gaff and lots of land there, thats the back up plan if it all goes to #.

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 12:03 AM
link   

My favorite drill for tough projects was produced by a company that no longer exists for the former Kmart brand, was purchased by my father in the 1960s, and I kind of claimed from him when I was a teenager.

Other than not having variable speed it's far better than any drill I've ever purchased (sometimes variable speed is necessary, and I like cordless).

posted on Nov, 27 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   

That's what's so wonderful about ATS. Everyone has their own experience from all around the world.

We are connected to a point never seen before. At least in this iteration. I still think Noah should get the boat though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join