It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting conversation at at a labor gubmrnt tent st a local show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I went to a local community event today, and there was a tent for the local labor representative.

I asked them if my local rep has challenged daniel Andrews in his frivolous spending recently announced.

13 million for some dog parks with enclosed fencing?

www.theage.com.au... -not-found-refresh=true

Or his ridiculous spending on sponsorship of 15 million for a netball team.

www.sbs.com.au...

I asked should his priorities be to fix the ambulance and hospital staffing and support needs?
amp.theage.com.au...

The response I got was we plan to train new nurses and build new hospitals.

I said this is useless as a nurse takes minimum 4 years at university to qualify?

This guy tried to answer my question and said it has been announced! I said an announcement is not action, and this is dependent on winning the election, I said it’s all talk.

I said it’s cow Pooh. J was told to stop swearing.

I said it’s just words.

I then asked what is the gient doing about escalating utility prices, they said we are bringing Bach the state Electricity Commission.

I said my bills have gone up 29 percent.

He goes we’re bringing back the state Electricity Commission. I said this is crap as it won’t come into effect today.
I said fair enough though by the time it’s established with the infrastructure it will take 15 years.

I want action now, I was then told by this twerp to move on and I then asked how old are you he said nineteen.

I asked who pays your bills he said mhm and dad.

I said go back to where you came from, mummy’s nipple, he told me to funk off.

This twerp obviously has no life experience

If these idiots expect to be future leaders respect criticism.

edit on 12-11-2022 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

That's the problem with politicizing young adults: they have no clue about the world, no idea about worklife, no life experience. Greta Thunberg-ish. You spoke with a complete drone, maybe your expectations were a bit too high

In my experience, the older one get's, the more rational one see's what's wrong with the system, coming with life experience too. I also noticed, the younger ones are always more left leaning, as I was, 20 years ago. More progressive, knew everything better, that is, until I started my work life after school and learned reality to know. Suddenly I became more traditional and conservative, as I figured out how the world runs and saw that all these solutions were just illusions.

Illusions that the guy you spoke to, will have to shed sooner or later.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

Agreed I did have high expectations though my train if though you have a tent to promote your party at least be able to answer the hard questions.

I don’t want to get started in Greta....I need to have a beer!

I was naïve though since leaving the coop 23 years ago, I quickly learnt the tricks to live, feed the family, pay bills.

I always tell my kids to turn off lights, keel the blinds open into the sun has dipped.

I agree with what you said. Experience is life.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A valid demand though, to have someone attached to a political party that want's to reign over your life, knowing their stuff.

I can only cringe at myself being 16 and "knowing it all" after heavy indoctrination from a lefty teacher. Then I learned the world isn't that easy and the solutions brought forward are short sighted, dreamy and not viable.

Currently, I myself, have no solution other than handing over the dicatorship of Germany to me and let me do my thing...

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 04:33 AM
link   

We're here for you, now get the fluck away from us and remember to obey. Such nice power-hungry people.

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I really think it’s the attitude of Dan Andrews has cascaded through the ranks where they refuse to be held to account.

And if you question them then your the one with the problem.

Andrews very rarely give a direct snswer.

This is a good piece:

www.theage.com.au...

posted on Nov, 12 2022 @ 03:54 PM
link   

It's behind a paywall / login for me but I know the type of politician you speak about and the influence they can cast on a whole town. That one wanted the shooting range to be gone so the tennis club can have a 5th and 6th court.

That escalated quickly because my grandfather and a few other entrepreneur founded the shooting range together. Like, literally founded it, built it stone by stone with their bare hands after the war, including the singing & music club after WW2 in the 50s when that was all allowed again. The Tennis courts were just there since the early 90s. Had all sorts of excuses why it's now too late and wanted to grandstand on the issue like we were all idiots giving up because of such nonsense talk.

It even went to the newspapers like "Major conspires with tennis club against traditional shooting club". People cussed him out on the street, didn't greet anymore. He got a pigs head on his doorstep. All for his like 20-25 tennis club buddies he wanted to cater to. And the shooting club had around 140 active members and around double that amount in passive / old / youngsters overall. Booed onto and down the stage every time he wanted to be on one. Some used to have tennis balls around on such occasions, just to throw them onto the stage and be a nuisance to him.

You don't backstab the shooting club that has been in existence since after WW2 with fancy tennis boys.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Dan is an arrogant prick, he can see no wrong in all he has done. After his lockup’s, suicides, using the police against citizens who did not like his view.

If is like living in a totalitarian regime.

Even today I cannot trust the police.

He has created a huge state debt, which he still keeps on spending.

Cost of living is a major issue, today I went to the mall to do grocery shopping, it was very quiet.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Why should the shooting club go! It’s like people who build under a landing flight path and the airport has been there for 30 years ago.

And complain to move the airport

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Because he was a swine priest.

top topics

join