It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s Declare a Pandemic Amnesty

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

www.nbcnews.com...

He called for a reduction in population growth, not "depopulation."

The rest is fair comment I'd say.

But make a thread about it if you feel strongly about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
My dentist's office still requires masks although, generally, no one has been masking for months now. I went in without a mask and was treated like a second class citizen.

No amnesty for the hysterical. Full investigation.

My dentist stopped requiring masks, over a year ago. However, all the medical facilities around me (aurora, etc.) are still requiring masks.

Odd thing is, they've moved the boxes of free masks to the reception desks and away from the front entrance. When I asked about it, they said it's because people were stealing them.

So, we can literally walked through the facilities, until we get to the reception area. Then, we're offered a mask. Not handed a mask, but can take one from the box that hundreds of other people reached in to.

Bonkers!

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That's a narrative that has been tried time and time again... TPTB and their devoted followers try to force change on the world, then when called out they claim those opposing them are the ones demanding change. I'll not let that crap slide.

No one has demanded that the "vaccines" be denied those who choose freely to take them.
No one has demanded that face masks be illegal.
No one has demanded that people be forced to leave their homes.
No one has demanded that people be forced to create carbon dioxide.

And yet, as soon as the official narrative falls apart, this is what is used as a shield against responsibility. "Now they want to censor us!" No, dammit, people don't want YOU censoring THEM.

TheRedneck

The right has not demanded a single thing on all this and has only pushed back on a level of hate craziness never seen since the Nazis.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Amen to that.

I'm sick of it, during the pandemic i actually had people lay hands on me in supermarkets demanding i put on a mask. They're very lucky i was able to contain my temper although one security guard in ASDA will be nursing some painful fingers. The power hungry loved the perceived authority the pandemic afforded them, even if it was illusionary.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

No, i replied to an ignorant post you made about Attenborough. It's in the correct place and clearly demonstrates my position on what i think of him and his climate change BS. I don't need to make a thread on what an odious human being i find him to be. There's many others more deserving of my wrath.

Reduction in population growth is already inevitable due to lower than replacement level fertility, it leads to depopulation. They're one and the same thing, he's just smart enough not to state it directly.
edit on 2/11/22 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

So, we can literally walked through the facilities, until we get to the reception area. Then, we're offered a mask. Not handed a mask, but can take one from the box that hundreds of other people reached in to.

Bonkers!

The whole mask thing made zero sense, and failed to matched anything science related. There are times to wear a mask such as places that require 100% sterile environments, or if people have actual symptoms and they need to go into public like Asia has done for 50 years. To not allow heard immunity to naturally happen within the healthy population was their first HUGE mistake. You can't stop anything, just delay it, so school closures and full masks, which 90% were useless, was a total waste of time, and delayed the development of our kids.

We need to call it what it was and still is... Masks were nothing more than a liberal virtue signal to show everyone who were the good WOKE liberal. Driving in a car with mask, goggles and rubber gloves all alone was the best...lol It was like Nazi armbands....

edit on 2-11-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:47 AM
link   

This post?

"No amnesty for folk who think stuff about climate change?

No amnesty for folk who have a different opinion to you about that?

How about everyone has to agree with one narrative, or else?

Sorry, but you don't get to tell other folk what they can and can't think.

No amnesty for folk like Sir David Attenborough then?

Are his views "absurd"?!!!!"

I wasn't the one calling for "no amnesty" against folk who think differently.

Check my wording.

I was actually arguing against such stuff. Did you think I was suggesting that everyone had to agree to one narrative?

If so, you missed my point. So yes, you have probably misread it.

Not for it.

Do try and engage in a polite and civil discussion.

No need to get all angry and personal.

I'll leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

So anyone who disagrees with you is "ignorant"?

I'd say that Attenborough has contributed one heck of a lot to the environment and to our understanding of the natural world but there you go.

And you were wrong to accuse him or me of supporting "depopulation" which is an entirely different thing to what he actually said.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes, your post about Attenborough is ignorant. Hence i'm now informing you of his opinions and behaviours. Ignorance isn't a difference of opinion, it's a lack of informed knowledge. You've now researched based on my reply, which in turn has informed you.

I'd say he's contributed plenty of carbon emissions to the environment. His carbon footprint will be many hundreds of times the average human being.

"Population growth must come to an end"

What happens when population growth comes to an end? As i said he's indirectly calling for depopulation.

How about this lovely example of his compassion:

Sending food to countries to solve famine is "Barmy"

Let starving children die eh Sir David?

Sir David Attenborough has attacked the idea of sending food aid to countries enduring famine as “barmy” and has urged for more debate about population control, it has been reported.

Raising the example of Ethiopia, Sir David said that the famine there was down to there being “too many people for too little piece of land”.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Whatever. That's all off topic and I'm not really that invested in it.

I don't share your hatred of the man so let's leave it at that?

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Sure, just know that he hates you.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That's not what he said or meant.

Humans are deforesting the Amazon, polluting our rivers, seas and oceans and causing many species to become endangered, etc.

But, like I say let's agree to disagree?

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Humans, or very select elitist humans who control and run industry? He's critical of starving Ethiopians yet i don't see many articles of him criticising our leaders.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

The "no amnesty" was clearly pointed at people who tried to force (and in many cases, did force) actions on the population that are now presenting as the problems we knew they were all along. No one is demanding any action against anyone for thinking... we're demanding justice against people for doing.

What part of that is so hard for you to understand?

I thought I made that clear when I mentioned that you can believe in whatever you want and do whatever you want in your life and I will not care. All I can do is offer an opinion that you can reject for any reason. But when people start forcing policies on others, that's not just believing in something or doing something in their own lives... it's tyranny.

Maybe you need to go back and re-read what has been said.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Maybe I need to avoid threads like these and angry posters with a "we" mentality.

I'm not in favour of forcing anything on anyone and have never suggested it.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

His brother was also an executive in the motor industry, seems he should start at home with his lectures on the impact of dirty industry.

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Ooookay......Let's just leave it? Eh?

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm not in favour of forcing anything on anyone and have never suggested it.

Neither am I. Neither did Asmodeus3. In fact, I haven't seen anyone in this thread suggesting anyone be forced to do anything (other than be held responsible for their tyrannical crimes). I'm really confused as to where you got the notion that anyone was suggesting that.

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What notion?

You were the one going on about forcing people and suggesting I was all for it?

posted on Nov, 2 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Nah, he’s an ass. You must agree or I’ll never sleep again.

Yes, I’m trolling.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join