It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEOM Project / Saudi Arabia’s $500 Billion Bet On A Future Without Oil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I used to work for Air Products & Chemicals as an Supervisor and Engineer in Cryogenics. I was in manufacturing that built tanker trailers that hauled liquefied natural gas, argon, helium, hydrogen and other assorted elements some of which may help us reduce the CO2 that in my opinion needs to be addressed and I am NOT a radicalized greenie. Here's the connection between Air Products & Chemicals and NEOM.

Air Products plans $5bn green fuel plant in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabia’s de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, envisions Neom as a hub for new technologies, businesses and international tourists. Part of that vision involves renewable energy. The project will integrate more than four gigawatts of renewable power, including solar- and wind-generated electricity, to produce 1.2 million tons per year of ammonia, according to the statement. It will also produce nitrogen and 650 tons of hydrogen daily. Air Products, based in Allentown in the US state of Pennsylvania, will be the exclusive off-taker of the ammonia, which it plans to export for further processing into green hydrogen for use in transportation, the partners said. Energy companies worldwide are looking for ways to use hydrogen as a transport fuel. Green hydrogen refers to methods of producing the gas using renewable energy sources that create little or no emissions.

For those of you who think that global warming isn't an issue just take a look as to what your USA Navy is doing to its ports and bases. We can all argue until the cows come home but the sea level is rising. So lets take a look at Saudi Arabia. I can only hope that the USA and NATO don't take them out like Team Obama took out The Great Man Made River and blew it up. I keep up on Air Products and their press release months ago to build a pure CO2 free hydrogen plant in Saudi Arabia

Great Man-Made River

Here's the link on Saudi Arabia:

Saudi Arabia’s $500 Billion Bet On A Future Without Oil

End-to-end travel via a high-speed rail will take 20 minutes. The Line is planned to eventually accommodate 9 million people. Oxagon, also in the NEOM development, will host industries and innovation, including a hydrogen plant, while Trojena will offer year-round outdoor skiing and adventure sports to be completed in 2026, Saudi Arabia says.

This will work.
edit on 29-10-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 29-10-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Oct, 29 2022 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Well the Navy had been wrong for a very long time on their sea level rise. What they have not been wrong on is profit. Also desalination could have been pushed much harder. I don't buy it one bit especially after looking at waterfront property aquasitions as of late. Unless they plan on big boats or an ark that is.

I mean it's going to happen for sure just not as they tell or explain it. Only way I can beleive humans push climate change more.than natural means, the sun or solar system....is if they are activly destabilizing glaciers.

Everything almost everythimg runs where the profit is and it's sickening to the point if earth and nature was conscious it will wipe us clear sooner than later.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I saw a video about the Line it's pretty cool, but at those dimensions what about winds? either exterior or interior, not clear if it has a roof or openings at the ends. But if in the video they show it being built right up to the coast, and if that's open and Id imagine it would have to be, those winds would run the length of the complex, the winds whipping through would have to be incredibly high or am I overstating the potential problem. Conversely, if it is all sealed up, aren't the stresses from winds going to be tremendously increased with such a long distance blocked off at such a height?

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 06:11 AM
link   

For those of you who think that global warming isn't an issue just take a look as to what your USA

Who said it wasn't an issue? It is a manmaid political issue designed to control the masses.

So, they will burn the oil to make electricity to make hydrogen that leaks during storage? How does that work at reducing carbon?

Oh, the Navy is controlled by politicians. That is why they are looking into these things

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

to make electricity to make hydrogen that leaks during storage? How does that work at reducing carbon?

Our 1990 design Tanker Trailers would hold Hydrogen in the desert in Saudi Arabia for 45 days before the safety relief valve would open to vent the gas. Hydrogen contains NO CO2.

It is a manmaid political issue designed to control the masses.

No its not. Things are getting hotter and the world climate is changing.

German researchers find a solution to the hydrogen storage problem: salts.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
I used to work for Air Products & Chemicals as an Supervisor and Engineer in Cryogenics. I was in manufacturing that built tanker trailers that hauled liquefied natural gas, argon, helium, hydrogen and other assorted elements some of which may help us reduce the CO2 that in my opinion needs to be addressed and I am NOT a radicalized greenie. Here's the connection between Air Products & Chemicals and NEOM.

What is it called when someone states a fairly radical opinion that man caused excess CO2 is causing 'global warming' without any proof (there isn't any), then claims in the same breath that they aren't 'a radicalized greenie'?

For those of you who think that global warming isn't an issue

It may or may not be 'an issue', but there is almost no real substantial evidence that it is man made/caused. It is far, far more likely to just be another naturally occurring one like any of the dozens (hundreds?) of prior warming/cooling cycles, caused by naturally occurring solar activity.

just take a look as to what your USA Navy is doing to its ports and bases.

What is our Navy doing to our ports and bases?

We can all argue until the cows come home but the sea level is rising.

Maybe... but describing such changes over a hundred or more years, in a few inches is... just mind numbingly stupid.

Next is your ludicrous suggestion that there is anything that we can do about it, especially your claim claim that it is purely a matter or reducing CO2, and that what should be done is to just destroy the economies of every nation on the planet causing billions of people to die from exposure and/or starvation actually isn't 'radical'?

"End-to-end travel via a high-speed rail will take 20 minutes. The Line is planned to eventually accommodate 9 million people. Oxagon, also in the NEOM development, will host industries and innovation, including a hydrogen plant, while Trojena will offer year-round outdoor skiing and adventure sports to be completed in 2026, Saudi Arabia says."

This will work.

The city itself might 'work', but it will do absolutely nothing to stop 'global warming' if it is even happening.
edit on 30-10-2022 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I usually like your posts/threads but going to have to change my mind after reading this quote from you.

It'a bunk quote and cannot be proven even a little bit.

For those of you who think that global warming isn't an issue just take a look as to what your USA Navy is doing to its ports and bases. We can all argue until the cows come home but the sea level is rising.

posted on Oct, 30 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   
so use more hydrogen, which by the way is a indirect green house gas, for energy,which has to be combined with oxygen and it's by product is water.

so instead of the glaziers melting and flooding the world, all the water from the whole world using hydrogen will.

sounds like a plan to me.
edit on 30-10-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

If there is no CO2 involved in making the hydrogen, what is the energy source for it's production?

The long term weather changes, known as climate, have been proven to occure without man's involvement. If man's actions haven't caused it, how can man stop it. It is all political theater.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

In that specific plant I read solar power is the driver because of the desert and sun days

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

I never wrote that "man" is the cause of increased CO2. I have a friend who lives on the ocean with a condo and dock in Clearwater Florida.

He wrote this year that the ocean level is now 8" from what it was when he moved there. His steps into the ocean from his dock is the measuring stick. He and wife are now looking to get out of Florida after that last Hurricane Ian. They will not buy oceanfront land as a result of the rise in ocean levels.

Just type into your browser as what preparations are being taken by the US Navy. Here's just one for you.

The US Military on the Front Lines of Rising Seas Growing Exposure to Coastal Flooding at East and Gulf Coast Military Bases

I live in South Carolina and previously Atlanta. Newnan, Georgia specifically. In Newnan in 2014 it wasn't windy on a daily basis. Then later that year in December we noticed that the flights were now redirected over the rear of our home whereas previously they weren't even in the area. That was in response to the change in direction of the wind along with increased speed of the wind along with more windy days. Now in South Carolina we are now seeing more windy days.

My point is I have direct exposure to dramatic changes in our weather so something is up along with an increase in the level of the ocean as reported by a friend.

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

OK, looks the same so were the pictures taken at low or high tide? So globally the rise / fall is on average 3.3'. Looks like that article you got the pictures from could be absolute disinformation?

I also own land on The Bay of Fundy. I am 80' up on a cliff. There tides are like this and always were:

Tides The tidal range in the Bay of Fundy is about 16 metres (52 ft); the average tidal range worldwide is only one metre (3.3 ft). Some tides are higher than others, depending on the position of the moon, the sun, and atmospheric conditions.[3] Tides are semidiurnal, meaning they have two highs and two lows each day,[3] with about six hours and 13 minutes between each high and low tide.[3] Because of tidal resonance in the funnel-shaped bay, the tides that flow through the channel are very powerful. In one 12-hour tidal cycle, about 100 billion tons (110 billion short tons) of water flows in and out of the bay, which is twice as much as the combined total flow of all the rivers of the world over the same period.[4] The Annapolis Royal Generating Station, a 20 MW tidal power station on the Annapolis River upstream of Annapolis Royal, was one of the few tidal generating stations in the world, and the only one in North America.[5] Most of the rivers have a tidal bore, a wave front of the incoming tide that "bores" its way up a river against its normal flow. Notable ones include those on the Petticodiac, Maccan, St. Croix, and Kennetcook rivers.[6] Before the construction of a causeway in 1968 and subsequent siltation of the river, the Petitcodiac River had one of the world's largest tidal bores, up to two metres (6.6 ft) high. Since the opening of the causeway gates in 2010, the bore has been coming back, and in 2013 surfers rode it a record-breaking 29 kilometres (18 mi).[7] Other phenomena include the Reversing Falls near the mouth of the Saint John River, a rip tide at Cape Enrage, and the Old Sow whirlpool at Passamaquoddy Bay.[6]

edit on 13-11-2022 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Here's a good article on Hydrogen

Is hydrogen a greenhouse gas and do we care?

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Unless we start using the true alternatives to oil, such as the vehicles which can be powered by the hydrogen split from water enabling journeys of a thousand miles on a single tank, then there simply is no future without oil.

There are not enough of the rare earth minerals needed for the batteries which allegedly will power our vehicles; we do not possess a sensible infrastructure that will enable charging of the vehicles outside properties which do not benefit from a driveway on which to park; the batteries are a false economy in & of themselves, if viewed in the context of the emissions arising due to production of said batteries (& of course, emissions-based climate catastrophe models are utter bunkum in & of themselves also)..

The whole thing is a grotesque hoax which will come crashing down if ever they try to seriously project the alleged goal into our lives as they presently exist.

The only way this will work is if they depopulate 90% of the world's population, reducing the need for such a large fleet of battery powered vehicles.

Oh, wait.......

FITO.

edit on NovemberSunday22011CST07America/Chicago-060020 by FlyInTheOintment because: clarification

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   

edit on 11132022 by MetalThunder because: Wake up sheeple

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No its not. Things are getting hotter and the world climate is changing.

Go and check that... the data suggests cooling has occurred of recent on the planet..

NASA Sees Climate Cooling Trend Thanks to Low Sun Activity.

“We see a cooling trend,” said Martin Mlynczak of NASA’s Langley Research Center. “High above Earth’s surface, near the edge of space, our atmosphere is losing heat energy. If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold.”

The new NASA findings are in line with studies released by UC-San Diego and Northumbria University in Great Britain last year, both of which predict a Grand Solar Minimum in coming decades due to low sunspot activity. Both studies predicted sun activity similar to the Maunder Minimum of the mid-17th to early 18th centuries

mishtalk.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Things are getting hotter

posted on Nov, 13 2022 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I saw a video about the Line it's pretty cool, but at those dimensions what about winds? either exterior or interior, not clear if it has a roof or openings at the ends. But if in the video they show it being built right up to the coast, and if that's open and Id imagine it would have to be, those winds would run the length of the complex, the winds whipping through would have to be incredibly high or am I overstating the potential problem. Conversely, if it is all sealed up, aren't the stresses from winds going to be tremendously increased with such a long distance blocked off at such a height?

The video says "ZERO CARBON," but if a structure that shape will require enormous supports that weigh much, and the foundation will need to be very much deep and strong and flexible.

My question is; Will this thing live long enough to off-set the pollution?

I'd wager the same materials could make a 170km diameter dome that could withstand apocaluptyic winds.

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DirtWasher

originally posted by: putnam6

The video says "ZERO CARBON," but if a structure that shape will require enormous supports that weigh much, and the foundation will need to be very much deep and strong and flexible.

My question is; Will this thing live long enough to off-set the pollution?

I'd wager the same materials could make a 170km diameter dome that could withstand apocaluptyic winds.

I'm no engineer but yes a dome is much more aerodynamic than a rectangle

posted on Nov, 14 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
That rectangle would only have aerodynamics if the wind were blowing from end to end. The usual right angle construction method is going to require thicker supports, thicker fasteners, and a mega foundation the likes the world has never seen.

But even then, it will still probably be more efficient than an actual city of comparable population. It's just that such traditional cities have been built over long periods of time. This megastructure they want to build in 5 years and manufacturing for it will create a huge pollution footprint.

Of course, all we get to see are CGI artist renditions and news story descriptions and no actual engineering designs. At least I have not been able to find anything. The artist renditions make the structure look very flimsy.

I doubt very much the Saudi officials are expecting the world to stop using oil. This is probably a massive PR stunt, even if it works. They will have a "moral high ground" to stand on, if you will, and say, "Well, we did our part trying to save the world," and continue pumping and selling oil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join