It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Politics in Turmoil - Time for an Election ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Anyone who knew about Liz Truss before she became PM knew she was the wrong choice as leader , today 38 days in to her leadership she has fired the Chancellor she hired to deliver her plan because her plan he delivered went tits up as soon as it hit the water , the pound crashed against the Dollar and the Bank of England had to step in to save pension funds ... Brilliant.

There is talk of the Tories removing Truss and replacing her with the candidate she defeated , Rishi Sunak , but I think it's obvious that at this time of instability it is time for a General Election so the people of this Nation can have a say in who governs it rather than just 200,000 Tory party members , you can't be allowed to make a cockup this big and get away with it scot-free.

I think after 12 years of Tory incompetence it is time for a few years of Labour incompetence because lets face it it can't be any worse than what we have now . never did I think I would see such a shambles in Parliament.

It's worth noting that the new Chancellor of the Exchequer will be Arnold Rimmer , better know to the general public as Jeremy Hunt.

God help us.

King Charles III Mutters 'Dear Oh Dear' on Meeting Liz Truss.

edit on 14-10-2022 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If it comes to an election then I think we could see a huge section of the public voting for labour.

Usually I'd be good with that but as it stands we could end up in the same state as the US where we end up voting for a party not because of their ability to lead but because they cant cope with more of the other side again.

Either way we are screwed for a good few years yet.

I really cant see a good way out of all this.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I think after 12 years of Tory incompetence it is time for a few years of Labour incompetence because lets face it it can't be any worse than what we have now . never did I think I would see such a shambles in Parliament.

I realize this is off topic to your point, but it makes me smile a bit to see that you can grasp that, but still cling to believing Trump had to go, and that's a good thing, but Biden is somehow the better of two evils. Was the world in better shape 4 years ago?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'd say from a global perspective biden is the safer of two evils and that most outside the US was glad to see him gone.

The same as when Boris was gone here.

Truss is not fit for purpose but not quite to the levels where your really worried.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

but still cling to believing Trump had to go,

But I don't , I said at the time you were in a lose/ lose situation.

Obviously Politics is broken , 19th Century systems unfit for the 20th Century.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Truss, voted into power by 80,000 rich greedy tax dodgers.

What could have gone wrong ?

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Time to reset the chess pieces again, while the rules of the game remain the same... Is what you actually mean tho.

edit on 14-10-2022 by AnInvisibleCorner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnInvisibleCorner
Time to reset the chess pieces again, while the rules of the game remain the same... Is what you actually mean tho.

At this time of Global turmoil we need a strong government , change is needed but for now we need to get through the next few months.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I agree with you emphatically! But at this point its quite clear there is and probably never was such a thing.

How can we expect to vote in a strong government when the house of lords have the final say on practically everything and, are determined destroy everthing we hold dear.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Liz Truss press conference , the Q&A starts at 5.20 but truss just repeats her script to avoid questions.
Absolute lightweight.

Remember remember the 5th of November.
Gone before Xmas.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Slow that video down close your eyes and imagine Starmer saying the exact same thing in a few months times.

Same script, same pool of writers delivered by different people.

originally posted by: gortex
Liz Truss press conference , the Q&A starts at 5.20 but truss just repeats her script to avoid questions.
Absolute lightweight.

Remember remember the 5th of November.
Gone before Xmas.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Definitely and I regard the Tory's holding onto power like this with what is essentially an unelected (by the electorate of this nation) leader ruling there now illegitimate government as both unethical and disgusting.

What is more let's look at the Tory's again.

Once upon a time they were a great party, the party of Disraeli and Churchill and true conservatism which had nothing whatsoever to do with Neo Liberalism.

Now sadly like New Labour (which is exactly the same if to a lesser extent and slightly saner) they have ABANDONED their original core values in favour of Neo Liberal values of small government, privatization and reduction in citizen rights counterbalanced by an increase in corporations' rights.

Sadly, while I say most definitely it is time for a general election, well overdue in fact we as ordinary British citizens will likely not see much of a change in our own favour regardless of whom run's the country.

Especially now with Starmer leading a war against TRADITIONALIST Labour members and MP's purging the party of their presence and turning Labour into nothing more and nothing less by a Neo Liberal puppet party that is actually now occupying the ground were the Conservatives once sat while the Conservatives having become Neo Liberals in all, but name now have moved to the economic and anti-citizenry right of that.

Remember the likes of the so-called Taxpayers federation (which does not represent the taxpayers at all but only a tiny elite of internationalist wealthy Bankesters and fraudsters at the top) and the IFS etc are just think tank's that are really just Neo Liberal groups set up, funded and paid for by the global elite to rule our nation as a puppet state on their behalf through political lobbying and pressure, exactly what the Tory's have turned themselves into and Labour is becoming ever more a political party that is actually a Lobby group but one with the power to actually rule directly, the same thing has already corrupted irreparably both the US main political parties and to be perfectly frank I do not want to see the UK become a mess like that nation has but it will.

And that especially with Truss in Charge is exactly what the Tory's ARE, a Puppet of the Global elite and NOT a servant of the British People as they are rightly supposed to be.

An election NOW or even in two years or more will be a wipe out for the Tory's BUT Keir Starmer is just a puppet of the same group that currently pay the Tory's behind the scenes and is part of the NEW LABOUR Neo Liberal traitors that took over the Labour party and moved it away from its traditional financial backing of the Trade Unions turning it essentially into a clone of the Tory's with private money backing them.

What we actually need is something we no longer have, a political party that put's national living standards NOT the city of London and the one percent as it's priority.

edit on 14-10-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Apart from a few minor points I haven't heard just what Labour would do if the got into power. What is their manifesto???? AND, like the Conservatives the grass roots labour supporters could move Starmer out of the way. But he wont go because like Boris he's on a power trip, he will have to be forced out.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Exactly but NEC is bought off and corrupt and Keir and Lizz basically work for the same people behind the scenes, international oligarchs.

edit on 14-10-2022 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well bloody said 🍻

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Definitely and I regard the Tory's holding onto power like this with what is essentially an unelected (by the electorate of this nation) leader ruling there now illegitimate government as both unethical and disgusting.

What is more let's look at the Tory's again.

Once upon a time they were a great party, the party of Disraeli and Churchill and true conservatism which had nothing whatsoever to do with Neo Liberalism.

Now sadly like New Labour (which is exactly the same if to a lesser extent and slightly saner) they have ABANDONED their original core values in favour of Neo Liberal values of small government, privatization and reduction in citizen rights counterbalanced by an increase in corporations' rights.

Sadly, while I say most definitely it is time for a general election, well overdue in fact we as ordinary British citizens will likely not see much of a change in our own favour regardless of whom run's the country.

Especially now with Starmer leading a war against TRADITIONALIST Labour members and MP's purging the party of their presence and turning Labour into nothing more and nothing less by a Neo Liberal puppet party that is actually now occupying the ground were the Conservatives once sat while the Conservatives having become Neo Liberals in all, but name now have moved to the economic and anti-citizenry right of that.

Remember the likes of the so-called Taxpayers federation (which does not represent the taxpayers at all but only a tiny elite of internationalist wealthy Bankesters and fraudsters at the top) and the IFS etc are just think tank's that are really just Neo Liberal groups set up, funded and paid for by the global elite to rule our nation as a puppet state on their behalf through political lobbying and pressure, exactly what the Tory's have turned themselves into and Labour is becoming ever more a political party that is actually a Lobby group but one with the power to actually rule directly, the same thing has already corrupted irreparably both the US main political parties and to be perfectly frank I do not want to see the UK become a mess like that nation has but it will.

And that especially with Truss in Charge is exactly what the Tory's ARE, a Puppet of the Global elite and NOT a servant of the British People as they are rightly supposed to be.

An election NOW or even in two years or more will be a wipe out for the Tory's BUT Keir Starmer is just a puppet of the same group that currently pay the Tory's behind the scenes and is part of the NEW LABOUR Neo Liberal traitors that took over the Labour party and moved it away from its traditional financial backing of the Trade Unions turning it essentially into a clone of the Tory's with private money backing them.

What we actually need is something we no longer have, a political party that put's national living standards NOT the city of London and the one percent as it's priority.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Smeg head!

I loved the awkwardness of that meeting "oh dear" indeed!

Another festive general election? Personally I'd prefer one now and not find out what's in the Hunt's fridge. Hahaha Rimmer 👍

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is all down to Liz Truss and her incompetence.
Her 'mini-budget' made no sense at all and was brazen in its attempts to enrichen a minority.

We used to take the piss out of Italy and other places around Europe for their quick turnaround in governments; we're in danger of becoming just like them!

When we voted to leave the EU we should have appointed a national government with the best minda from all party's and other talented, informed people.
Its what we need right now; time to put petty and ideological differences aside and do what is best for the UK.

If not then I think its still a case of 'None of the Above' for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2022 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Just a minute, maybe this is all a clever plan to stem the tide of illegal immigration into the UK.

Who the fook would want to come to a country like this?

Speaking of which, where's my inflatable dinghy, I'm off to France to claim asylum.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Gunpowder, Treason & Plot.

With the Chancellor's financial statement due on 31st October Tory MPs are looking toward November 5th as they plot to replace their leader for the second time this year , with the prospect of tax rises and budget cuts around the corner and strikes already happening we face a Winter of Discontent 2.0 this year.

The plotters plot following yesterday's car crash press conference.

Heated messages were shared in Conservative Party WhatsApp groups after Ms Truss's hastily-arranged a Downing Street press conference.
In a screenshot sent to Sky News' deputy political editor Sam Coates, Crispin Blunt called for Rishi Sunak and Penny Mordaunt to take over.

"Step forward Rishi and Penny, with our support and encouragement in the interests of us all."

Nadine Dorries (Conservative) replied to say: "Followed by a general election? I love you Crispin but if you seriously think we can impose another leader without one, that media and the people would allow that, you need to lie down.

"You may as well embrace dictatorship [because] it's the most un democratic [sic] proposal imaginable."
news.sky.com...

I agree with Nadine Dorries , Wow we really are in unprecedented times.

posted on Oct, 15 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Time to get some beers just in case it all goes tits over arse and have a laugh at the overly ambitious but under intelligent bunch of louts that have ran our nation into the ground as their house comes tumbling down around their bloody ears, of course we have to lament the fact we also live in that self-same house, and they have wrecked it for the rest of us as well.

You know the BBC used to have a program about Rogue Traders and Cowboy (to our US cousins it is used to refer to the wild west and bandits rather than honourable actual cowboys in the English slang so think more like Outlaws than ranchers) builders.

Perhaps the BBC should do one on the Tory's as they or their backers have taken the money and ran, that close circle with Kwarteng and Truss undoubtedly made a fortune from the crash in Sterling and that was therefore deliberately shoddy management with the intent to enrichen further there already bloated oligarch backers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join