It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Billion Dollar Judgement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That actually was a vector of defense I'm surprised wasn't used. Perhaps someone with more intelligence can enlighten me (NOT a high bar!) on why.

Essentially it's like this. If Jones was such a grifter, scoundrel, liar etc etc etc, then why does his words carry any weight and with that weight, harm.

There were no arrest. Hell, the FBI agent claimed that he received death threats for which in turn he didn't even do a cursory investigation nor have a colleague attempt one.

Either Jones is what they say he is and his word is worth mud or he's a threat......to the tune of over a billion dollars in damages.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

If they do, we're already past being on the way out as a democratic country.

Good thing we are a republic then, aye?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meshakhad
Hopefully he won't be able to hide his assets.

Who was hurt in this case?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JinMI

Was piggybacked in that thread.

Looking forward to the appeals.

Regardless though, the first amendment took a massive hit today.

Can a person have a different thought these days even if it is stupid or outlandish? This is thought police action here. Who cares if someone said it was staged with actors etc... No one in their right mind would believe that and tell me of even one person hurt by Jones saying it was. Was your feelings hurt, did someone need to go to their saferoom? Yes people died, kids died, parents and families hurtled from this ordeal, don't follow BS opinions if it is that big to you.

But what if he did it intentionally to make money with his charlatan business of peddling conspiracy theories?

By all means he must be brilliant, but just how twisted might he be to sell the idea, keeping the subscribers foaming at the mouth for it? He had built up quite a rep as bringing you the real truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 02:59 AM
link   

That actually was a vector of defense I'm surprised wasn't used. Perhaps someone with more intelligence can enlighten me (NOT a high bar!) on why.

Essentially it's like this. If Jones was such a grifter, scoundrel, liar etc etc etc, then why does his words carry any weight and with that weight, harm.

There were no arrest. Hell, the FBI agent claimed that he received death threats for which in turn he didn't even do a cursory investigation nor have a colleague attempt one.

Either Jones is what they say he is and his word is worth mud or he's a threat......to the tune of over a billion dollars in damages.

It is liberals suing conservatives plain and simple, just another direction to canx people they don't like.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

If they do, we're already past being on the way out as a democratic country.

Good thing we are a republic then, aye?

🤣 I meant like voting and freedom, respecting the constitution and stuff like that.

Only democrats call it a democratic country, republicans call it a republic. That's the correct term by the way, something about being based on the greek something.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Troubling thing is, if anyone deserves free speech protections, it's Jones.

Moreso because of the content of what he says and not even close to the actual truth of the matter.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo

But what if he did it intentionally to make money with his charlatan business of peddling conspiracy theories?

By all means he must be brilliant, but just how twisted might he be to sell the idea, keeping the subscribers foaming at the mouth for it? He had built up quite a rep as bringing you the real truth.

I never followed Jones, can't take his voice, but his life is about ALL conspiracy theories, nothing more or less, and Sandy Hook was just one of 100s. I don't think he had some personal vendetta, just pushed a conspiracy that even here on ATS was kind of big too. I remember the whole Boston bombers and Sandy Hook ‘Crisis Actor’ conspiracy theories pushed by many. It was all the rage at the time. I bet there are 100 posts here on ATS about them.

edit on 13-10-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:14 AM
link   

I never followed Jones, can't take his voice, but his life is about ALL conspiracy theories, nothing more or less, and Sandy Hook was just one of 100s. I don't think he had some personal vendetta, just pushed a conspiracy that even here on ATS was kind of big too. I remember the whole Boston bombers and Sandy Hook ‘Crisis Actor’ conspiracy theories pushed by many. It was all the rage at the time. I bet there are 100 posts here on ATS about them.

And none if it was true, it's crazy. The freedom to be able to live an alternate reality so long as you do no harm to others. That's where he fits in with followers. God forbid he provoked people to actually do something wrong, might have a Jan 6th level incident.

I was going to say that if justice doesn't roast him, an example is set and someone in the future who's even better at it comes along, picture a young Trump except grew up in modern times.

The consideration is shocking. Might convince people he's the antichrist even if the whole story is a joke.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'll compromise on my stance after giving it more thought. He should've been fined however many millions to make sure this doesn't become a thing.

The parents and first responders feelings aren't worth that much, not a billion. How do you value stuff like that anyway?

The court can't just make a new rule that no one can question an event publicly, that's un-American. But how to make an attempt to say this is bad? Throw a hefty enough fine at it that it cannot be paid.

It's not going to harm freedom of speech, people can still say anything, even if its a theory to scare people and make money off of it. They can incite people to destroy or kill. You have to at least try to dissuade people from doing it in the future.
edit on CDT03Thu, 13 Oct 2022 03:25:34 -050000000010b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:30 AM
link   

And none if it was true, it's crazy. The freedom to be able to live an alternate reality so long as you do no harm to others. That's where he fits in with followers. God forbid he provoked people to actually do something wrong, might have a Jan 6th level incident.

I was going to say that if justice doesn't roast him, an example is set and someone in the future who's even better at it comes along, picture a young Trump except grew up in modern times.

The consideration is shocking. Might convince people he's the antichrist even if the whole story is a joke.

So the preacher on the street corner preaching the ends of times, how much do you think I can sue them over for making me feel like I might die soon. People say all kinds of outlandish crap every day, its just the liberals that decide what they feel should be attacked or not. What they say that is outlandish is OK though....

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   

It's not going to harm freedom of speech, people can still say anything, even if its a theory to scare people and make money off of it. They can incite people to destroy or kill. You have to at least try to dissuade people from doing it in the future.

There is an old saying... We protect Hustler magazine to protect Adventures of Tom Sawyer....

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Question

What's your net worth and what's your post history on vaccines and covid? I have a new truck I'm looking at

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
All AJ had to do was still talk about gun grabbing commies during the whole ordeal... But he had to open his big mouth and insert both feet by saying it never happened.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 07:48 AM
link   

So the preacher on the street corner preaching the ends of times, how much do you think I can sue them over for making me feel like I might die soon. People say all kinds of outlandish crap every day, its just the liberals that decide what they feel should be attacked or not. What they say that is outlandish is OK though....

The difference is when you slander people. So much so that they recieve death threats or threats of raping the daughter of the principal. When you incite people to attack other people that goes beyond free speech.
edit on 13-10-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yeah they should definitely hold Jones responsible if someone else does something because of words he says. While were at it then, can we sue the media companies for the countless times they lied about police shootings and incited riots?

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meshakhad
Hopefully he won't be able to hide his assets.

If he didn't put his cash and things he owned into a trust +2 years ago, Jones will soon be living in a Motel 6.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: godsovein
Hows this one not on here. It was actually on Fox today.

Stopped working over there for a few minutes and watched, was like it has to be like a billion by the time. So of course, why not make it a cool trillion?

Because I tell ya what, the idea of AJ being able to cough up a billion cash, has to be something like Jeff Bezos coughing up something like I dunno $7 trillion cash? $57 trillion? I dont even keep up on any of this, but what the hell???

Right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones must pay at least $965 million in damages to numerous families of victims of the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting for falsely claiming they were actors who faked the tragedy, a Connecticut jury said on Wednesday. The verdict, which came after three weeks of testimony in a state court in Waterbury, Connecticut, far outstripped the $49 million Jones was ordered to pay in August by a Texas jury in a similar case brought by two other Sandy Hook parents. The Connecticut verdict applies to both Jones and his company, Free Speech Systems LLC, the owner of Jones' Infowars website. FSS filed for bankruptcy in July. The plaintiffs in the Connecticut case included more than a dozen relatives of 20 children and six staff members who were gunned down at Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012. Jones claimed for years that the massacre was staged as part of a government plot to take away Americans' guns. www.reuters.com...

They are trying to make an example of him to make sure nobody disturbs the narrative.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Can you shout “Fire!” in a crowded theater if you own the theater? This case says no, you cannot.

posted on Oct, 13 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I wonder how much John Lear owes the thousands of families of 9/11 victims with all that No Planer insanity?

(That whole CIA whatever disinfo campaign that brought down the 9/11 Truth Movement, which in turn helped pull the wind out of the Anti-War Movement.)

What $85 million per victim, times 2996 victims, that's a nice $254,660,000,000 owed. And wasn't that guy on....

edit on 13-10-2022 by godsovein because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join