It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter trying to drag their feet so Elon Musk can't control company before election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This is a breaking news story so not a lot of details other than the headlines, but will post more as it appears.

Twitter and Elon were heading to trial to force him to purchase company on original deal terms.
Now Twitter is opposed to dropping the trial scheduled for later this month.
Why would they do that?
To keep Musk from having control over Twitter ahead of the midterm elections.
They got everything they wanted, there's no other reason.
discuss.

Posting work written by others
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
DMCA: Digital Millennium Copyright Act
edit on Thu Oct 6 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Source needed ASAP

I've posted 4 links to support this news story in this thread if you aren't satisfied maybe be more specific what you are looking for. or just delete the post I don't care.
edit on 6-10-2022 by juulzverne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: juulzverne

It's likely the "them" group pulling these strings. They can't loose a major propaganda outlet, and likely never thought Musk would follow through on this. They are a bit scared. What if some altruistic billionaire decided to buy face#? The "they" group would only have the MSM, and China's Tick Tock.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
agree. feel that's what is going on here.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:23 PM
link   
MOD NOTE

Please provide a link for your quote.
ASAP

edit on Thu Oct 6 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: Damn autocorrect😈

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hopefully Musk is a truly honest guy. It will be fun to see what a sham social media really is. And it is. So much of it is fake that Satan himself would be proud and at the same time ashamed that he didn't think of creating social media himself.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Some articles with additional information.
MSN: Elon Musk says Twitter deal can close by October 28, if Twitter stops holding things up and refusing to 'take yes for an answer'

timing of possible close date is interesting considering motives

DailyBeast: Elon Musk Tries to Halt Twitter Trial With a Sneaky New Play

TDB aligning with the political left on their spin of this event. And no, the article doesn't expound on what this "sneaky play" would be. But he's oh so sneaky that Elon guy. Not Twitter, they're not sneaky at all.

ArsTechnica: Musk asks judge to cancel trial, claims Twitter won’t “take yes for an answer”

Probably best article I found discussing this topic. Sounds like Twitter brought up concerns of debt financing and don't want the trial dropped before the deal is closed. Honestly doesn't make sense. Twitter shouldn't need to worry about the way that Elon gets the money if everything clears with officials with oversight of these transactions. Sounds like finding any way to cause a delay.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that Musk has tried to back out of this deal multiple times.

If I were Twitter I'd also go ahead with the trial, because who knows if Musk will try to back out the second the case is dropped.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I would think that if your offer was accepted by the seller and you both agreed to the sale price and then afterwards the seller started throwing up new roadblocks--- that would be grounds for not moving forward with the sale at all.

congrats twitter, you played yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

how long is the transaction supposed to take?

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   
as best as I can gather the Twitter argument here is that if they drop the trial then Musk will renege on his agreement to buy Twitter. So they want to force the courts to waste time and resources on a trial to determine if Musk should be forced to buy TWitter at his original accepted offer which is what he's already doing.

the logic doesn't make sense on its face. they're obviously filing on the assumption that Musk is playing 4D chess.

Interesting to go back to this article from August when Musk asked for trial to be delayed until after election but Twitter and the court rejected it.

NASDAQ.COM: Musk requests to delay Twitter trial to November - court filing

posted on Oct, 6 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
MOD NOTE

Please provide a link for your quote.
ASAP

ETA
Closed until link is added.
edit on Thu Oct 6 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join