It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which people are being referenced here?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore.
As I've learned in my Bible studies that this is a promise in reference tonot only the jews but the gentiles (the rest of us) as well. Meaning, once Jesus came then the grace of God can cover all of mankind, and not just the twelve tribes (in the end only a remnant will be left of the twelve tribes).
(Old Testament) All of Israel had sinned against God so much that God basically handed them over to their enemies (the babylonians, among others). Throughout the entire old testament the israelites would fall away from God (Yahweh) and serve other gods (like Baal), and God would "let go* in a way and let them go their "own way" and eventually fall really hard, (usually by their enemies attacking and taking back land, and every time this would happen the Israelites would start praying and "going back to serving the God of Israel/Yahweh and our Heavenly Father." God would show them mercy, "rescue them" and the cycle repeats numerous times. At the height of Gods anger towards Israel he shows mercy by sending His "only begotten Son" and this was grace (a gift they did not deserve). Jesus dies on the cross, rises up and conquers death; which is the result of sin (in general. Once the apple got bit, death came). So the promise made to Abraham was about Isaac, being that Isaac was a son given to Abraham thru a promise*. We were promised salvation thru Jesus; hense: "many nations. As numerous as the stars in the sky." That's you and me and all of us.
As far the promise of the land, in the "new creation" which will basically be this "sick earth" be recreated to it's original form and glory, free of sin and death and tears or hurt of any kind, no sickness no pain, and we will inherit this earth back from the devil and all his minions (our "enemies") and in the new creation Jerusalem will be the center, God will have His mansion on top of that hill (temple mount) and the rest of the world will be the garden of eden (the earth in it's intended form; before the devil came and mucked it all up). So yes, we (all of us) will inherit what was actually created for us in the first place (God never intended for the world to be anything like this. Basically the devil came in jealousy of us and "ruined our party.") But that original promise to Abraham was God setting up fixing all that is messed up here on His creation. He has promised to fix it. Jesus came once and died a Lamb. He'll come back as the Lion of Judah and wipe evil* (the devil and his buddies) off the face of the earth, toss em in a fire and they go bye bye. Jesus died for all. Billions and billions of us (like the stars in the sky). And I do believe we will all make it to heaven (eternal life in a garden of eden type scenario. Whatever it is it will be more wonderful than we can imagine. We will all be happy*. Because of this promise*. It's all faith tho. But I believe this to be true.
It takes a lot of New Testament match up with Old Testament study but after 7 years of studying this is how I have come to understand that.
Hope this helped

originally posted by: 19Bones79
Genesis 22:17

New International Version
I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,

According to a quick Google search, there are at present time only 14.8 million Jews in the world. That's 0.0019% of the world population.

And who are the enemies mentioned?

edit on 26-9-2022 by AOx6179 because: Added content

edit on 26-9-2022 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

edit on 26-9-2022 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

thanks I do like the earlier texts, from 1200 to 1500 as they had far less baggage than we do. Though its easy to see many issues that still persist to this day, notable ones are war and abortion.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

The "people" being referenced are the ants. Their enemies are humans.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

According to a quick Google search, there are at present time only 14.8 million Jews in the world. That's 0.0019% of the world population.

he didn't say when he would make them numerous. just said he would.

Ishmael's decedents, the Egyptians and all them other "ites".

edit on 26-9-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
They weren't Known as Jews in that Era but Judahites or Judeans, iirc. Christ was an Israelite, the Israelites come from Jacob. The jews of today are of Esaus stock.

This video is enlightening and very thorough. I understand Stephen Anderson isn't popular, reasonably so, so let's go after the content in the video not it's maker

youtu.be...

Op, the people in question are the line of Jacob, the Israelites.

edit on 26-9-2022 by kimish because: (no reason given)

[

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I will surely bless you and make your descendants
as numerous as the stars
in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants
will take possession of the cities of their enemies,

According to a quick Google search, there are at present time
only 14.8 million Jews in the world.
That's 0.0019% of the world population.

And who are the enemies ?

This is interesting
" Jewish settlement at Grand Island in the Niagara River,
(U.S.) to be called Ararat "
So. . .
who are the enemies again ?
en.wikipedia.org...

I know that most of judiasm is highly against assimilation,
and I fully understand as to why they feel that way;
However,
viewing others as 'enemies',
just because other people do not
follow the same religion is incomprehensible.
Genesis shows us a good example.
In the Garden of Eden, God did not destroy the serpent devil.
Nor did he want adam or eve to.
God did not bomb, nuke, or kill the serpent devil.
What God wanted, is for the 'enemy' to be there.
Why ? The point,
the reason was, is, to see who will obey God's word
SIMPLE AS THAT.
No other intentions.
'good' intentions most of the time are self-serving,
as in killing, and destroying,
thus are disobeying God's real word.

In his mind,
Hitler thought that killing had 'good' intentions too.
BUT
just as today,
zionism, expansionism is self-serving and
is shutting out God's real word.

How many more children
need to die for self-serving nationalism ?
yet
God's word is ignored.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

the Israelite come from Jacob. The jews of today are of Esaus stoc

the romans called them Jews. how come you think the sign on Jesus's cross said king of the jews or why did Pilate ask him if he was king of the Jews. also the magi asked herod where is he who is born King of the Jews. gentiles called them jews.because there was no more country of israel.
Israelite's were scattered with only a few thousand returning to Jerusalem after being exiled in Babylon when Cyrus, King of the Persians conquered the Babyloins released them and sent them to rebuild the Temple. then the Romans renamed all the land Judea when they conquered it.

Judea / Judah was named after Judah, the forth son of Jacob. Esaus was Jacobs twin brother, and it is thought that his descendants were ethier Canaanites because he lived in Sier which was on the left bank where Canaanites lived there , and or Edomites because he moved Edom.

now you are correct in saying Jesus was a Israelite, the jewish people called themselves that due to the fact that God changed Jacobs name to Israel. the father of the 12 tribes.
edit on 26-9-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Isn't there something about being grafted on in some scriptures? That refers to the gentiles who accept Christ.

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kimish

They weren't Known as Jews in that Era but Judahites or Judeans, iirc. Christ was an Israelite, the Israelites come from Jacob. The jews of today are of Esaus stock.

I will watch the video tomorrow (too late to watch a video tonight), but if it disputes the Bible I will not accept it.

Israel was the name God gave to Jacob, Abraham's grandson born of Isaac. Jacob means "heel supplanter," while Israel means "God prevails." Isaac had two sons, Esau and Jacob. Esau was the firstborn and thus was to receive Isaac's birthright and the greater blessing. Jacob was cunning, however, and in Genesis 25-34, convinced Esau to sell him his birthright for a bowl of red pottage. Jacob then, in Genesis 27, tricked Isaac, now old and almost blind, into giving him Esau's blessing. Thus, Jacob became the heir of Isaac instead of Esau, despite not being the first-born.

Esau ("rough"; he is described as having hairy, rough skin) was also called Edom ("red"; a reference to the red pottage Jacob used to buy his birthright); he was the originator of the Edomites later mentioned in the Bible. He was not an Israelite, and therefore not a Jew. "Jew" is a moniker that signifies one as a descendant of Israel/Jacob.

It was also in wide use during the time of Jesus. Even the kings of the east, when they came looking for Jesus at that first Christmas, asked for "he who is born King of the Jews." Also, as has been mentioned already, the sign that Jesus bore at his crucifixion read "KING OF THE JEWS" (a title bestowed to mock him; mockery and public humiliation was as much a part of crucifixion as the physical torment).

Like I said, I will watch the video and I thank you for it, but I believe the reference is satisfactory at this time.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Isn't there something about being grafted on in some scriptures? That refers to the gentiles who accept Christ.

Yes, Tarantula777 dug that one out for us (kudos to him for that, btw). So I suppose my weak assertion that Christians could be considered as "seed of Abraham" should have been a bit stronger!

It's a big book...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 26 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I don't doubt that what you said about Google, but even if you double or triple that number they have a very small population compared to the total population on earth.

So what if they are 80% of the world's population in 100 years?

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So what if they are 80% of the world's population in 100 years?

It won't matter,
The human race will kill itself off by then.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:40 AM
link   

New International Version
I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies,

Its obviously White Christians. They're the only ones to fulfill the prophecy.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

When have jews ever taken possession of a city that belonged to their enemies? Let alone citieS. Israel had to be granted to them by the English government. They needed permission from White men.
edit on 9/27/2022 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'm referring to the Old testament. Starting in the book of Joshua the Israelites cross over the Jordan and start fighting little by little, city by city to take possession of the "promised land" which eventually become the twelve tribes and Israel. They lose possession of that promised land, through disobedience and breaking of the covenant by their actions.
They're still fighting and hoping through their faith that they will again be the Israel of old and that be their land indefinitely.
Side note: the building of the third temple will be a huge deal. Keep watching for that...
a reply to: 3n19m470

edit on 27-9-2022 by AOx6179 because: Misspelled

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I think of this in eternal terms.
once we get to Heaven, ALL the faithful Jews will be there, and all the Christians (Abraham's spiritual descendants).
that will be a lot of people.

Islam is an Abrahamic faith as well. So we're talking around half of all humans.

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AOx6179

which eventually become the twelve tribes and Israel.

not sure what you mean by this. they were already the twelve tribes from the time Jacobs / Israels 12th son was grown and started his own family. some say that they were form while in Egypt, cause as Moses lead them out they were leaving in their tribal groups.

the 12 tribes were the families of each son of Jacob sons. Who were born from two wives, and his wives two slaves

1st wife Leah mother of: : Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun

2nd wife Rachel, mother of: Joseph,( tribe was split into for his sons who were born while he was in Egypt, (Manasseh, Ephraim) and the tribe named after his first born Manasseh, Benjamin

Zilpah (Leah's maid), mother of: Gad, Asher

Bilhah (Rachel's maid), mother of: Dan, Naphtali

edit on 27-9-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sorry, you're right, I stated that weird. Yes, thy were already the twelve tribes, but remember they were taken into slavery and lead out by Moses, long journey and eventually they get back to the promised land and start fighting for their land. a reply to: BernnieJGato

posted on Sep, 27 2022 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AOx6179
Sorry, you're right, I stated that weird. Yes, thy were already the twelve tribes, but remember they were taken into slavery (Egypt) and lead out by Moses, long journey and eventually they get back to the promised land and start fighting for their land.
Someone asked when did they fight for land against enemies. Read Joshua..a reply to: BernnieJGato

edit on 27-9-2022 by AOx6179 because: Added content

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join