It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible UFO footage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Originally posted by nhufohunter

I'm sorry but not much can be seen in the video. If I just saw it on the Internet, I'd write it off as a lo-tech hoax or a low flying chopper (no offense to the posters here).

I should be able to produce such video with my camcoder and the blinker of the kind the cyclists use. When I have time.

LOL, Good Luck! How are you going to make it fly across the sky?

[edit on 5-4-2005 by nhufohunter]

I was thinking of a fishing rod I have in my basement. Or I can string a line and slide a blinker on it

Dont forget to get a shot of the moon as it comes out from behind trees that it flew behind for several minutes and the tops which where 300 ft away.

And don't forget to zoom out at the end to show the housed that it flew behind, all of which is in the entire video

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing the videos mate

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I'm sorry but not much can be seen in the video. If I just saw it on the Internet, I'd write it off as a lo-tech hoax or a low flying chopper (no offense to the posters here).

I should be able to produce such video with my camcoder and the blinker of the kind the cyclists use. When I have time.

I was thinking of a fishing rod I have in my basement. Or I can string a line and slide a blinker on it

Dont forget to get a shot of the moon as it comes out from behind trees that it flew behind for several minutes and the tops which where 300 ft away.

And don't forget to zoom out at the end to show the housed that it flew behind, all of which is in the entire video

OK, thanks, these are valuable tips. Looks like it's a little harder than I thought.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:24 PM
link   
nice footage

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael_vts
Thanks for sharing the videos mate

My Pleasure, There are some of my best up at my site, please share this with those you think would appreciate it, and thank you!

mysite.verizon.net...

Be sure to check out the 2004 videos, I got some amazing footage last year

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Sorry. Its a small metalic disk that some scientist guys built that propels itself off of hot air. I saw the show on TV a while back. I think it heats up the air underneath it or electrifies it so much that it "pops" and causes the disk to move upwards while making a flash underneath it where the air exploded. Thats all I got for ya.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmptrN3rd5
Sorry. Its a small metalic disk that some scientist guys built that propels itself off of hot air. I saw the show on TV a while back. I think it heats up the air underneath it or electrifies it so much that it "pops" and causes the disk to move upwards while making a flash underneath it where the air exploded. Thats all I got for ya.

Uh... So is that thing cleared for flying anywhere but in controlled airspace?

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Cool stuff.

Props to the UFO hunter, the first one intrests me totally as I can relate, I've seen one up close and personal with the lights flashing underneath it in the same way. Red - Blue - White rotating around a circular thing underneath the actual IFO (Identified Flying Object) itself. I'll never forget it, along with the odd silence it brought just a humming sound and total serenity.

How do you track these things? Are you constantly on the move?

Edit; I've seen a similar thing on TV CmptrN3rd5, it was flying/hovering over a net but there were controlled bursts coming from around it allowing it to fly it could do all sorts of manovers. I think its what you're talking about.

Peace
An Entity

[edit on 6-4-2005 by An Entity]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Maybe theres flight patterns you can trace going to and from certain locations? Do you have each sight location mapped?

Just kinda got that one through and thought to post it.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Great that youre tryin to get these things on tape, if I can offer a few suggestions:

Brace up against anything you can to steady the cam. You have to keep that to a minimum (shakes)

You have an inordinate amount of ahking because yorue zooming. Dont zoom. Ever. Not unless it's a structured object that you dont have to strain to see. Even then, keep it to a minmum.

You are not going to get any good footage on lights in the sky. The camera does not see what you see,zooming only confuses the auto focus, or throws the light out of focus.

Many, many times I get footage into a computer for analysis, and it's useless because of the zoom, and adequate bracing. While your pieces are interesting, I'd not touch them in trying to qualify them or enhance them...they're just not capturing enough information.

If you knew how many times someone brings me footage that is a light in the sky, and they zoom all in on it, til its a round flare...then they say "look it's disc shaped!"
My reply is usually "please kill me now."

Try those suggestions, and your shake will drastically improve, and you might be even able to asertain a speed.

Jeff@Hypergraphics Imaging, Baltimore

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Great that youre tryin to get these things on tape, if I can offer a few suggestions:

Brace up against anything you can to steady the cam. You have to keep that to a minimum (shakes)

You have an inordinate amount of ahking because yorue zooming. Dont zoom. Ever. Not unless it's a structured object that you dont have to strain to see. Even then, keep it to a minmum.

You are not going to get any good footage on lights in the sky. The camera does not see what you see,zooming only confuses the auto focus, or throws the light out of focus.

Many, many times I get footage into a computer for analysis, and it's useless because of the zoom, and adequate bracing. While your pieces are interesting, I'd not touch them in trying to qualify them or enhance them...they're just not capturing enough information.

If you knew how many times someone brings me footage that is a light in the sky, and they zoom all in on it, til its a round flare...then they say "look it's disc shaped!"

Try those suggestions, and your shake will drastically improve, and you might be even able to asertain a speed.

I've got a monopod now which has improved the stabelizaton, I've already talked more about this on several different threads.

On the other side I don't use auto focus as you are right, it effects the picture, that is why I set the focus to open, so everything you see is in perfect focus, no autofucus, no blur, and I try not to zoom past 20x optical so there is no digital zoom either.
What you see in the footage is what I and the witnesses when possible saw, exactly exept for the shake and motion blur which is inevitible.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

obviously didn't watch both videos

I am not disputing what you saw but in moonlight I could easily attach flashing leds to a remote control plane and send it off zooming and then take pictures or a vid.

I am one for believing ufo's but to see it twice and to have so few testaments regarding the incident doesn't say much. To be around to catch it on vid twice is extraordinary feat work.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann

I've got a monopod now which has improved the stabelizaton, I've already talked more about this on several different threads.

On the other side I don't use auto focus as you are right, it effects the picture, that is why I set the focus to open, so everything you see is in perfect focus, no autofucus, no blur, and I try not to zoom past 20x optical so there is no digital zoom either.
What you see in the footage is what I and the witnesses when possible saw, exactly exept for the shake and motion blur which is inevitible.

Digital zoom is kind irrelevant, alot of zoom in and out in any case is going to make any serious study of it very difficult. One time, maybe 2 is enough if you can get it good enough...the rest of the time just let it run. There's no telling trajectory with zooms, you lose all aspect of movement, and movement is then attributed to zoom and panning...to hard to differentiate

In regard to the March 5th(?) footage, due to the description of tilting and movement, it might be a good idea to get a layout of helicopter lights, and try and match them up. If the ratio of distance between lights fits the ratio of light configs on any model heli, chances are thats what you have.

The strobe firing is in good comparison to flight strobes, except when it turns, where you can guess the tail section has obscured it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join