It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology (1947-2022) RIP

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I’m not denying the existence of the phenomenon. I’m highly questioning the field of Ufology’s efficiency/usefulness to explain anything conclusively. There is a difference.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CyberBuddha

Think of UfOlogy more in the line of anthropology then physics.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

I’m not denying the existence of the phenomenon. I’m highly questioning the field of Ufology’s efficiency/usefulness to explain anything conclusively. There is a difference.

Yes and fair doos.............. Just understood exactly where you are coming from

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

For many years most people doubted UFO's even existed at all

Again , UFO only means something flying that one could not identify .
That needed NO CONFIRMATION they existed .
So , a government confirmed something that everyone should have already have known ?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

So , a government confirmed something that everyone should have already have known ?

There is a big difference between ' Knowing ' and ' Accepting' .

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

....I think it’s obvious that the phenomenon can’t be studied using the scientific method. Repeatability is a major stumbling block when dealing with the subject.

If it triggers our own senses and electronic sensors then UFOs can be studied. NUFORC has over 4,000 reports from this year alone. So is repeatability really a problem?

The problem is usually lack of information and/or the limits of individual knowledge and experience. It's agreed that most UFO sightings are misperceptions and hoaxes. But those left unsolved remain in this low information zone. There's also a lot more instant information available today. We can track satellites, aircraft and astronomical events and even military exercises with the click of a button.

I suspect the Norway Spiral (which occurred in 2009) would have been an enduring UFO mystery had it occurred 30 or 40 years later. Due to both Cold War secrecy and the limits of the technology of the day to record it.

But on this occasion it was solved almost immediately as a failed Russian missile test. Leaving no ambiguity.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Interesting, seems the information on these Sky spirals is ambiguous world wide, considering the ancient spiral drawings seen across the globe...

For example the Sky spiral in China 24th July 1981
was explained as a clumsy spy plane...

The sky spiral in the video below starting @:32 looks similar to the Norway 🤔

reply to: mirageman

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Don't think there's any such thing as a UFO expert (or even a Sasquatch expert) because we simply don't know what we're dealing with.

Having said that I suppose a good rule of thumb for UFO researchers would be to stay away from (or ignore) any aspect of the subject which involves the CIA.

Who or whatever is behind the curtain doesn’t want to be revealed. That in itself may be the only truth in Ufology.

Maybe you're right about that but lots of interesting research is still being conducted.

Here's a recent interview with Stan.

Would also say Marley Woods is well worth a look.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The field of Ufology is dead. Anybody who thinks otherwise is really not facing reality. We haven’t gathered any hard evidence, aka FACTS, in almost 80 years since Mr. Arnold had his strange sighting.

We’ve had plenty of “entertainment” ranging from Roswell to the Tic Tac video, but is there one single undisputed fact that everybody in the field agrees on that unquestionably advanced Ufology? No!

There are many self proclaimed experts in the field and also here on ATS. My sad advice is: trust no one! Hidden agendas and/or confirmation bias seems to run rampant. There’s also a military/intelligence aspect to Ufology that has made it virtually impossible to get closer to facts.

I believe the UFO/UAP phenomenon is real. I also believe that there are people on this planet that do know what’s going on, but chose secrecy over disclosure. The keepers of the truth seem to be ten steps ahead, pulling strings we can’t even see - in essence making us all useful idiots for their cause.

In closing I’d like to point out that ultimately we are not in control of this phenomenon. Who or whatever is behind the curtain doesn’t want to be revealed. That in itself may be the only truth in Ufology…!

I you achieved 100% on disagreement here.
Jacques Vallee said this 100 times in his journals. Guess where he was from 2018 on? UFO conferences.
He said there was no Roswell. He published a book on a case even more obscure.
He said no abductions, today there is a whole wave pro abductions.
He said there was no secret program. Years later he provided that more info that ther was such program.

"Hard Facts" depend on the subject matter. On the UFO perhaps there is no "hard facts" in definitive. There are leading trails. If one wants to impose human assumptions will just end up creating frustration and negativity.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Apart from the Nimitz footage there isn't much reliable evidence that UAP exists at all besides eyewitness accounts which are dubious to say the least.
edit on 1-9-2023 by infanticide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 02:15 AM
link   
yeah
edit on 20-11-2023 by RedPanda95 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join