It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufology (1947-2022) RIP

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
It's only recently that the TicTac has come to light, along with several other videos. There are now mandated Congressional hearings and reports. The NY Times actually published articles that are not derisive. We've had major revelations such as the Eric Wilson document. There is no longer a "woo woo" reaction to UFO reports, except by the uninformed.

Isn't that where things were, more or less, in the 1970s?

I suppose it's a cyclic thing, from time to time there are more sightings, more media pieces about it (as they see some increase interest in the public) and more people looking at UFOlogy as a new thing. Then things start to slow down for those people, as they see that there isn't any clear evidence of anything and they start to think that UFOlogy is dead. Then it starts all over again.

It's almost as if someone/something is interested in keeping the "show" going on but without revealing how it ends.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Fine, you want a little truth? I'll give it to you.
Read this, and I back my statements up with a little bit of evidence, and common sense.

The government actions, information smearing, and etc... Is real to a point.

The logic to the actions has a lot to do with timing, but you can't really get the whole truth by only paying attention to what government actions END UP IN THE NEWS, you have to dig a little deeper.

For example: SOCOM had information regarding some of the more recent UAP sightings that were verified authentic by the Pentagon.

Did the military sit quietly in secret and just scour the area of the sightings looking for information? No. That would be stupid. Flying craft, generally don't leave evidence in the area they happen to be seen flying in. Instead they made an intelligent approach, in assuming that these craft were created by either a private company or a foreign military.
As opposed to extraterrestrials.

So, they very quietly sought out a contract, looking for a company that could/would offer to build them craft that match the descriptions of some of the UAP capabilities that were directly observed.

Then they sat on that contract, as a honeypot. Every contractor that put in a bid was investigated, heavily.
Even if it was developed by a foreign agency, you can imagine that on a, "name your price" contract, even foreign governments would have a shell company that would at least ask "How deep are your pockets?"

www.socom.mil...

There is the link to the honeypot that I'm referring to.

Look at the exact specifications they are looking for with that contract posting.
They are basically asking someone to build a trans-medium "UFO" for them, with no black-body radiation output.
This SOCOM posting was from March of 2018. This is after the Nimitz sighting, the Roosevelt sightings, in 2004, 2014, and 2015... But BEFORE the Pentagon officially acknowledged the videos from those sightings as real, in 2020.

This contract posting didn't make CNN, NBC, Fox, etc... But it was thrown all over the place at Lockheed, Northrop Grumman, etc...

This helped them rule out our domestic defense contractors, and also prodded at foreign agencies as well.

Given the timings on this, either this is all a charade, and the US government just wants other countries to think the UFO's are not the US, and the US Government actually does have this technology... OR.. It's genuinely the real deal.

I imagine that NASA's official investigation that is only costing $100,000 is just to confirm that something we have evidence of, can not possibly be from Earth, or it's just part of the charade.

They are definitely sitting on some smoking gun evidence, if you pay any attention to the Senate's views and position on the matter before and AFTER they had the classified section of the UAP hearing.

They scrambled to get more investigation and accountability on this for a reason, but $100,000 seems like a low-ball for any serious rigorous scientific work by NASA, who routinely spends multiple billions of dollars to go play what is basically the Pokemon Snap videogame on Mars with remote control cars.

So, why such a low amount of money for the investigation? Because the military is just going to hand NASA the smoking gun evidence, and have them go over it. They don't need to go out pulling a J. Allen Hynek this time, running around the country interviewing civilian witnesses for evidence. We have it.

If you believe the leaked analysis paper and first-hand testimony of the Nimitz encounter, it is likely the NORAD radar tracking that picked up the Tic-Tacs coming into, and leaving Earth's orbit.
"NORAD couldn't have that, why wouldn't astronomers have picked them up with THEIR telescopes and underfunded academia projects, etc..." You may ask.

Well NORAD has a little bit more of that tech than most people realize.

In the year 1993, NORAD had the tracking capability to sweep and track the area of a full sphere around the Earth's orbit... Roughly the size of Jupiter.

That was in 1993. Do you think their tracking capabilities got worse since then?

These things came from too far away, or came too fast, or left too fast, or too far.
They did something that raised alarms, and now NASA is being handed that data, and asked to put their brains on it to determine if there is any way this was either
1. A foreign entity on our own planet.
2. Some natural phenomenon not caused by living things.
or 3. The real deal.

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have firsthand knowledge that this is exactly what is going down.
I'd say buckle up whether you believe me or not, because pretty soon, I would guess we are going to get some disclosure, but it's probably not going to be the disclosure we want.

It's either "We are alone."
Or it's "They know where we live, and their craft can pull over 5000 G's, then instantaneously dissipate nearly 100% of the energy from their momentum, as seen by them stopping in place instantly without distorting, fly through air, vacuum, water, rock, and time travel."

They often say that these are equally scary scenarios, I say F that. Give me the former, if the latter is what we're actually looking at. We have no weapon that could catch them, and even if you consider the so-called weapons we have that can... We can't pump enough energy into those things to damage them at all, if they even let us try.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Exactly - just like I said, we have absolutely no recourse against these vehicles -
Our government refuses to admit this, so for the most part refuses to acknowledge their existence.
The vehicle I saw moved with no sound or smoke or sense of propulsion whatever, I think it is somewhat of an anti-gravity device, using something for energy that is way beyond our capabilities.
It was like watching a science fiction movie.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Those that crash and we from the are probably human constructs.
Those that do not crash and we do not observe and only hear about from abductees are aliens and humans from the future.
95% of online footage of UFO is misidentified normal things.
3% are secret military projects
1% are alien
1% are time travelers

so basically 2% are time traveling Aliens.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Ufology is dead because it's not longer a mystery

UFOs are still Unidentified Flying Objects.
Until they are identified.
The rest is horsefeathers.

yes exactly and sadly that's boring .

For many years most people doubted UFO's even existed at all and now it's confirmed there are UFO's in the sky that our Government/Military has no explanation for so ipso facto UFO's are a thing now .

Through logical deduction even the average windowlicker civilian can deduce what UFO's are , So now we wait for Contact.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Spacespider
Those that crash and we from the are probably human constructs.
Those that do not crash and we do not observe and only hear about from abductees are aliens and humans from the future.
95% of online footage of UFO is misidentified normal things.
3% are secret military projects
1% are alien
1% are time travelers

so basically 2% are time traveling Aliens.

No as written above, 1% are time travelers ( Humans from the future )
and 1% is a alien race from another planet

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Gothmog

Ufology is dead because it's not longer a mystery

UFOs are still Unidentified Flying Objects.
Until they are identified.
The rest is horsefeathers.

yes exactly and sadly that's boring .

For many years most people doubted UFO's even existed at all and now it's confirmed there are UFO's in the sky that our Government/Military has no explanation for so ipso facto UFO's are a thing now .

Through logical deduction even the average windowlicker civilian can deduce what UFO's are , So now we wait for Contact.

And probably they do not want any type of meaningful contact with us, considering us warmongering cavemen.
Let's not forget they are eons beyond us technology wise, and I think they are waiting for us to catch up to them somewhat.
Meanwhile, they are watching our overpopulation, war in Ukraine, nuclear plants, hurricanes, forest fires, earthquakes, and the like.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CyberBuddha

Thank you for interesting posts and for keeping the discussion civil…👍🏾

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
People like me and other are still asked to go find out what that light in the sky was…

And that’s the rub. To my knowledge nobody has ever given a conclusive answer in 80 years.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

“…and it's too strange to be something man made.”

Could you elaborate on this? Where do you think is the cognitive divider between man made and Alien?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

"...Ufology is dead..."

"...and thats the next step , Contact , UFO's are real FACT , Now the next step is Contact."

Ufology is far from dead, it has just morphed because it now has substantiated content. In fact, it is thriving!

The next stage is going to be a lot of fun for the diehards that hung in there.

They will continue to pave the way, as most of us continue to get a free ride, while we bitch about them...

I don’t want to be combative, but where is the “substantiated content”? Maybe we have different definitions? Can you please elaborate?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
I guess it all depends on what your interpretation of ufology is.

A basic definition is "the study of unidentified flying objects".

Taken on a case by case basis, then ufologist have succeeded in weeding out many misperceptions and hoaxes. Although the grifters are still allowed to operate.Nothing alien or supranatural has been proven.

The biggest problem with the subject is that there are no recognised standards of evidence and too many charlatans, grifters and loonies involved in the subject.

MM, I appreciate your numerous contributions on this forum over the years.

From wiki:
The scientific method is an empirical method of acquiring knowledge that has characterized the development of science since at least the 17th century (with notable practitioners in previous centuries). It involves careful observation, applying rigorous skepticism about what is observed, given that cognitive assumptions can distort how one interprets the observation.

It involves formulating hypotheses, via induction, based on such observations; experimental and measurement-based statistical testing of deductions drawn from the hypotheses; and refinement (or elimination) of the hypotheses based on the experimental findings. These are principles of the scientific method, as distinguished from a definitive series of steps applicable to all scientific enterprises.

I think it’s obvious that the phenomenon can’t be studied using the scientific method. Repeatability is a major stumbling block when dealing with the subject.

What do you think should be the established standards in Ufology?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The problem with this situation as well as other brief encounter events is that without reliable and repeatable events, nothing "scientifically" can be obtained. The best any of us here can do is record each event and look for any possible answers in order to eliminate any known causes.

This was a general statement, but in principle we have good ideas of what drones and manned flying craft look like (ie Helicopters, light framed aircraft, unmanned drones, stuff like that). So, when a report is called in to 911 services and law enforcement remember to give me a call, it's something out of the normal flight characteristics or weird lights in the sky.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

This was a general statement, but in principle we have good ideas of what drones and manned flying craft look like…

In my opinion this only applies to conventional aircraft. I have reason to believe that the US military is in possession of exotic craft that defy our common design expectations.

Again, I have zero proof, but the reaction of the captain of the USS Princeton, according to radar supervisor Kevin Day, strongly points to one conclusion: the Tic Tac UFO has the USAF/Navy sign painted somewhere.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As long as ufos continue to be seen, it will remain.

Because for some mysterious force to be able to do this for so long without being understood or exposed is remarkable or in itself paranormal.

That’s one thing that draws people to the subject.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Yes, an experience drew me to the field of Ufology, but I’m afraid I’ll die before I know with certainty what I saw/experienced. I’m at peace with it though.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If such a craft exists in US inventory and the public isn't aware of it, then by default it would be a UFO. The Captains aboard the Princeton, the Nimitz, the Reagan, and the Howard might not necessarily think that these "Tic-Tacs" were US crafts, but rather that reporting on the sightings could lead to an early retirement for them.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CyberBuddha
The field of Ufology is dead.

Seeing is believing
I was the most sceptical human being ever before experiencing a profound CE with a pair of white type UFO Orbs in exactly the same place where Kenny Everett's ashes were discharged unknown to me at that exact point in time and love it or leave it Kenny was a fun guy and the UFO Orbs danced with vigour let us say joy at the same time excitement plus added sport with a sense of adventure being a game of tag. Beautiful and something to cherish for life, an eye opener plus something that detaches one from the normality of life. If you forget everything above, please remember............... Having had a CE with UFO Orbs, mother ships and radiant white slabs of light, UFOlogy is alive and kicking and when you get given the experience of your very own CE then you realise the field of UFOlogy is anything but dead
x
edit on 18-9-2022 by ufoorbhunter because: Orby things x

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Not sure I can follow your logic. The captains didn’t want to report on it, but authorized fighter intercepts?

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Ever been in the military?

If the Captains thought that these might have been a danger to the ship or aircraft already in the air, then ordering an intercept wouldn't be out of bounds. Reporting that there are some UFOs flying around on the other hand can cause a lot of questions when it comes to evaluation time. Imagine having to explain to your employer that you deserve the promotion after being known for reporting an alien craft?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join