It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia calls Queen's funeral snub 'profoundly immoral' and 'blasphemous'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"LONDON, Sept 18 (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's de-facto ruler Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is no longer expected to attend Queen Elizabeth's funeral on Monday, a British foreign office source said on Sunday, contrary to Britain's earlier expectations that he would.

Saudi Arabia would be represented instead by Prince Turki bin Mohammed al Saud, the source said. Prince Turki is a minister of state and has been a member of the cabinet since 2018. He is the grandson of late King Fahd and part of the new generation that has been brought to power by Prince Mohammed."

a reply to: Freeborn

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Personally I find any representation of the Saudi Royal Family offensive, but I guess I'm in the minority on that.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Agreed.

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: nonspecific

Personally I find any representation of the Saudi Royal Family offensive, but I guess I'm in the minority on that.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Perhaps he's just after a heads up on how to organise a state funeral in advance?

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: turretless

It's strange that Russia expects to be invited to a funeral after all the insults and provocations your government has thrown at Britain.

I don't know why Zakharova made this statement.

And I don’t understand who in Russia is interested in the Queen of England, especially the dead one.

posted on Sep, 19 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Poor guy Putin
There are options though.

1. Send him complimentary tickets to a Polish football game.
2. You can pay the Ukrainian military a few bucks to write a personal apology message on a missile, send it airmail.

Google the polish football game if you’re curious,

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 01:37 AM
link   

And I don’t understand who in Russia is interested in the Queen of England, especially the dead one.

Obviously Putin, nothing comes out of The Kremlin without his ok.

A taste of the future for him and Russia, left alone and ostracised with only the likes of North Korea and Iran for company.
Hardly the 'great' future Putin envisaged, but what we want and what we get in life are quite often two completely different things.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Obviously Putin, nothing comes out of The Kremlin without his ok.

A taste of the future for him and Russia, left alone and ostracised with only the likes of North Korea and Iran for company.
Hardly the 'great' future Putin envisaged, but what we want and what we get in life are quite often two completely different things.

I don't know what's going on in the Kremlin, but I doubt that this statement by Zakharova was agreed with Putin or even with his administration.

As far as I understand, Putin gives the Foreign Ministry general principles and it develops them in its work.

The attempt to isolate Russia failed even at the European level, and even more so at the world level.

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Do you not think it strange that the Queen (who arranged ALL of her funeral) had a Russian funeral song at her funeral?

posted on Sep, 20 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I don't think music is included in any of the current sanctions is it?

What song was it?

originally posted by: crayzeed
Do you not think it strange that the Queen (who arranged ALL of her funeral) had a Russian funeral song at her funeral?

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

We were at war with Ireland for decades.

No we weren't....we were at war with a group of terrorists, not the Republic of Ireland.

I don't think we are in a position to judge Russia.

Why not?
But its not about 'judging'; its the funeral of our Monarch and Head of State.....the same country Putin has threatened to nuke several times recently.

Its a direct result of his actions in Ukraine, the result of being a social pariah....just like North Korea and just like Iran.
If he wants to be treat with dignity and respect he should act with dignity and respect - he'd be well served by taking a few lessons from how QEII conducted herself.

Uhuh.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
I respect your opinion always but to say that the Irish Republican Army were just a bunch of terrorists seems a tad narrow minded.

They had a cause that they believed in and they inadvertently got it through the EU.

I personally think that they'd have been better off joining the UK but that is their burden to bare now.

posted on Sep, 28 2022 @ 04:58 PM
link   

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

A cop out.

I respect your opinion always.....

As I do yours.

.... but to say that the Irish Republican Army were just a bunch of terrorists seems a tad narrow minded.

Not really.
I'm Catholic, all my Grandparents bar one were Irish.
I know lots of Irish people, from all sides.
I know people directly affected by The Troubles, on all sides.

The vast majority of paramilitaries, on all sides, were nothing but gangsters and shysters more concerned with the power and control they had over their respective communities, communities they controlled with an iron fist.
Communities they manipulated, extorted from and bled dry in more ways than one.

They took the natural romantic idealism of the Irish people and used it for their own ends.

There were genuine grievances, on all sides, which were exploited and exaggerated to push agendas.

If one looks at it with a truly unbiased and critical eye no-one comes out of it looking good.

But none of that excuses the brutal killing of innocent people.
None of it excuses the use of terror.

They had a cause that they believed in and they inadvertently got it through the EU.

They were never going to bomb their way to victory.....and they never will.
What did they get?
They got the peace that I can assure you the vast majority of people in Northern Ireland wanted.
That's all - to be able to go about their lives living it the best they could free from terrorists and gangsters.

Its hardly surprising that with an end to The Troubles many of the para-militaries became out and out criminals.
Still engaging in drug smuggling and dealing, extortion and protection rackets and other criminal activities.

I personally think that they'd have been better off joining the UK but that is their burden to bare now.

Northern Ireland still is part of the UK, and will remain so.
Before Covid and Brexit support for the UK in the traditional Nationalist communities was growing quite rapidly.
I honestly don't know about now.

posted on Sep, 29 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The Irish should follow us into independence from the Evil U.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 01:48 AM
link   

They should indeed.....as should every other constituent nation of the EU.
But RoI should have closer ties to the UK....we have far, far more in common than many care to admit.

posted on Sep, 30 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I agree.

There's still that Monarchy thing though and the Church of England.

Principals must be upheld I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join