It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia calls Queen's funeral snub 'profoundly immoral' and 'blasphemous'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 04:45 PM
link   
'Profoundly immoral' and 'blasphemous' , the words of Vladimirovna Zakharova from Russia's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in response to Vladimir Putin's omission from the guest lift for the Queens funeral on Monday.

I understand that some may think it immoral not to invite the guy who has invaded a neighboring country and threatened to Nuke ours but fail to see how it is 'blasphemous'.

"We view this British attempt to use a national tragedy that has touched the hearts of millions of people around the world for geopolitical purposes to settle scores with our country during the days of mourning as profoundly immoral," Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova said.

"This is especially blasphemous to the memory of Elizabeth II, who is known to have served during World War II in the territorial defence ranks of the British Armed Forces fighting the Nazis," she added.
news.sky.com...

Can't believe she brought up British forces fighting Nazis.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 04:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Doesn't Putin claim to be fighting the Nazis in Ukraine that the US has been supporting for years? You can't make this stuff up......

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Perhaps the Russians should try doing what Hitler tried in the early days of World War 2 - dropping conciliatory leaflets on London from bombers...

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

We were at war with Ireland for decades.

I don't think we are in a position to judge Russia.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Maybe if Putin wasn’t in the losing stages of an invasion of a sovereign nation his invitation wouldn’t have gotten lost in the mail.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

We were at war with everyone at on time or another, so that's not real issue. The hilarity is that the Russian government actually uses "blasphemy" in a sentence.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Some words get lost in translation.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

China too.

posted on Sep, 17 2022 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short
Doing that would make Putin "Adolf 2.0" to the future generations.
OT all bread and circus. I also don't see the blasphemy.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I posted the full text on the forum - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: turretless

It's strange that Russia expects to be invited to a funeral after all the insults and provocations your government has thrown at Britain.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Perhaps the Russians should try doing what Hitler tried in the early days of World War 2 - dropping conciliatory leaflets on London from bombers...

Yeah, look how that turned out in the end.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

No we weren't....we were at war with a group of terrorists, not the Republic of Ireland.

Why not?
But its not about 'judging'; its the funeral of our Monarch and Head of State.....the same country Putin has threatened to nuke several times recently.

Its a direct result of his actions in Ukraine, the result of being a social pariah....just like North Korea and just like Iran.
If he wants to be treat with dignity and respect he should act with dignity and respect - he'd be well served by taking a few lessons from how QEII conducted herself.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
If he was invited and actually had the balls to attend I find it highly likely it would have been a perfect example for him to be assassinated

It would have been a Simpsons style who shot Mr Burns type affair with the number of suspects in the offing.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 07:28 AM
link   

If they were sincere their head of state would've sent a heartfelt letter and kept this out of the soap opera that is the press.

His lackey politicized and dramatized it in one fell swoop.

Besides that, seeing them at the funeral would've signaled to the world that the elites see this as one big game of Monopoly.

How utterly stupid of the Russians.

edit on 18-9-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, let's wait and see at the funeral at all the heads of states that appear and I'll guarantee you 100% there will be people there from some of the Worlds Worse countries for human rights violations, more than the Russians. But then again they are the ones giving us billions for our weapons, so it'll be OK then.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:17 PM
link   
On the other hand, Russia executed ex-Tsar Nicholas and the core of the Romanov family in 1919.
en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps if they didn't, there might have been a neutral or "non-political" familial representative to send.

posted on Sep, 18 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There's certainly an element of truth to that.....

Who is representing Saudi Arabia, the largest sponsor and supporter of Islamic terrorism in the world, a nation with an appalling record on human rights, women's rights and civil liberties in general and one involved in several proxy wars etc?
edit on 18/9/22 by Freeborn because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join