It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visit to bathroom could be fatal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong forum. I wasn't sure on where I should put it.
Just recently I have had one of my friends tell me that somebody was trying to kill him when he asked if he could use one of his friend' cousin's bathroom. Or something like that (It's not important but it helps). He said that while he was peeing he noticed that there was some chemical scent coming from the toilet bowl that wasn't his urine's scent. He then felt light headed and left from the home as quickly as possible. He then told me that it was possible to kill somebody by mixing a chemical with the water in the toilet and then when somebody would use it, the chemicals would all combine and create a very deadly gas. He said anybody could do it by mixing a chemical with the water that when combined with urine would create the poison. I didn't believe him, but is this possible? please let me know if what he was saying is slightly true. or just U2U me.
Thanks,
Marius

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This is true I dont know if it would kill you but you can make toxic gas. If you mix the right chemicals together it can happen. It happened to my sister when she was hunger. She is still alive but she choked a little from the toxic fumes. I will U2U you and tell what happened.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Each time a person pees the chemistry is probably slightly different.

Definitely NOT a chemistry buff,

Could you make something that combined with nitrogen containing compounds to create cyanide? HCN

maybe it happened by natural accident.

maybe your friend was just particularly sensitive to small things that day.

Might make an interesting short story of technological espionage.

additional thought,
sometimes sewer gases will come up pipe if the water level is not up to the trap level in the basin.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by slank]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Well if the bowl had a significant amount of chlorine in it, it could release toxic fumes, but I doubt it would be enough to kill you.

I once read a Sci-Fi story where a murder was commited by filling the tank with bleach and the bowl with ammonia. The victim had no sense of smell, so he did not notice the odors before he flushed.

Are you sure your friend didn't have asperagus for Easter dinner?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
maybe your friend was just particularly sensitive to small things that day.

LMFAO....I read WAY too much into things....

I've heard of this as well, but it looks as though Event Horizon has done the wise thing and made this a private discussion....

Scarey thought....I'll have to remember to ask my friends if they're out to kill me before I use their bathroom

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
One specific chemical (which I will not name, though it should be obvious) in urine can combine with water that has a high Chlorine content to create Chlorine Gas which can cause congestive heart failure after long term exposure. This is not going to harm anyone with a short term or limited exposure, and you are not going to get a very high concentration of it from urine. They tried using this gas in WWI in trench warfare and it was so ineffective that they went on to use other gases such as mustered gas

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
My guess too would be chlorine, some cleaning products have this and I myself use one to clean the bowl. Maybe your friends cousin just didn't wash it up?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
SO, the moral here is:

Flush BEFORE, and AFTER...

Chlorine based cleaners, and ammonia based cleaners (or urine)..a NO-NO..

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Chlorine is a horrible gas, but it wouldn't kill you unless you were in a room for a prolonged time with a real high concentration. Its corrosive so it'l burn your nasal passage as it reacts with the molecules lining it, unpleasant rather than painful and no long term affects. Although some might argue it could be carcinogenic. Also it doesnt make you dizzy. Id suggest your friend is ok, if this gas didn't kill him within minutes it wont period.

apc

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If you have a strong enough solution of chlorine and you pour ammonia into it, they will react producing a very strong chlorine gas and you die choking on your own lungs as you cough them up.
It isn't pretty, but it also isn't easy to get a mixture this concentrated on accident..

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Bleach + Ammonia = good night for good. Whoever, cleaned the toilet could have used a very strong concentration of bleach, and for some odd reason your ammonia content in your urine could be really high. It is highly unlikely but not impossible that your urine plus the toilet bowel cleaner could have reacted together forming a highly toxic mixture that is colorless, odorless, and deadly. I must recommend however that is your urine is that high in ammonia content, that you seek medical attention, because something is wrong.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Next time, I recommend them pissing in the bathtub instead.

top topics

join