It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A substantial stratospheric cooling event is now being observed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just giving a heads up,. Important to know and be prepared.. US and Europe potentially in for an extremely cold winter..

A substantial stratospheric cooling event is now being observed over the Southern Hemisphere following a massive injection of water vapor. Strong cold anomalies are being detected in the stratosphere over Southern Hemisphere. The anomalous cooling results from the water vapor coming from the January Hunga Tonga eruption. Cooling on this scale has not been seen in modern satellite records, so this is a significant event.

www.severe-weather.eu...

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: wlee48868

Good benefit is very few Hurricanes.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Good! Its 102 degrees here now and it's going to get hotter and be like that at least through this weekend. I think its supposed to get up to 111 degrees

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

unfortunately its the southern hemisphere so it won't help us any.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: visitedbythem

unfortunately its the southern hemisphere so it won't help us any.

Seems to be contradictory. The OP states the US and Europe. Then they state Southern Hemispheres.

Which one is it?

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Good benefit is very few Hurricanes.

This has nothing to do with hurricanes.

First of all, this is in the Southern Hemisphere inside the Polar vortex. Hurricanes are confined to the Northern Hemisphere and are a result of the Hadley cell circulation pattern which is tropical in its origin.

Second, if you read the article, it says:

"Like sulfur, water vapor has a cooling effect, but not at the surface. Instead, it actually cools the stratosphere because it reflects the incoming solar radiation. It also prevents the heat from escaping, thus actually warming the surface."

In other words, water vapor is a greenhouse gas which keeps the surface temperatures warmer than they would otherwise be.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: wlee48868
Just giving a heads up,. Important to know and be prepared.. US and Europe potentially in for an extremely cold winter..

A substantial stratospheric cooling event is now being observed over the Southern Hemisphere following a massive injection of water vapor. Strong cold anomalies are being detected in the stratosphere over Southern Hemisphere. The anomalous cooling results from the water vapor coming from the January Hunga Tonga eruption. Cooling on this scale has not been seen in modern satellite records, so this is a significant event.

www.severe-weather.eu...

This has nothing to do with US and Europe. The effect is confined to the Southern Hemisphere polar vortex. Also, excess water vapor in the Stratosphere actually makes the surface temperatures hotter.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The effects of the extra water in the stratosphere have not yet affected the Northen hemispheres weather,but will do so in the coming winter according to the article.

The effect of this extra water is said to increase the cold air flow into europe and north america this coming winter.

Heres hoping it carries on and takes the edge off next summer as I thought I was going to expire in the recent crazy heat in the UK.

Crazy that just one volcanic eruption put 10% more water into the stratosphere!

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   

That was an interesting read, thanks!

If I read that right they are expecting the east coast to be colder. Usually when the east coast gets cold like that the west coast gets warmer. Almost like the earth gets tilted sideways weather wise.I remember many polar vortexes going through Minnesota when I was there and it got terribly cold, followed by warming, hot and cold waves because of the breakup of the polar winds.

Will be an interesting winter.
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Fascinating article!

S+f!

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I was reading about this the other day. The impact won't be fully understood until it happens, but the thought is that the cooling in the southern hemisphere will disrupt the polar vortex in the north which in turn will create an extra cold winter or two.

Being such a large scale event I believe the polar vortex in the north relies on the activity in the South and I'm guessing vice versa.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

So glad I just bought a gas guzzlin 4X4 extended cab. good luck with your EV's ya scallywags. I might pull you out of the drifts, for a fee of course.

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I was always under the impression that water vapour was a greenhouse gas, causing warming not cooling.

Ahh! Boomer

edit on 2-9-2022 by Dalamax because: Like what boomer said

posted on Sep, 2 2022 @ 11:38 PM
link   

so there's going to be a bunch of people with chilly bumps on dat a@@, and no fuel to warm the up.
gald i live in the sub tropics

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I have a crap load of firewood that needs to be cut up.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: wlee48868

www.severe-weather.eu...

This has nothing to do with US and Europe. The effect is confined to the Southern Hemisphere polar vortex. Also, excess water vapor in the Stratosphere actually makes the surface temperatures hotter.

Try reading the article again, lower down the page it is talking about the correlation between US and Europe winter temperatures and the Southern Hemisphere polar vortex.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze how the lord will intervene when men try to alter the weather to any great extent. No one knows for sure what the effects of this will be but i can tell you that ultimately only the lord has control over the weather cycles. In one quick swoop the lord will come and have changed things for the better. This is how powerful the father is yet men think they are mightier than he whom all serve. What it comes down to is that people are weak in strength but strong in heart yet that is what makes people strong. Only the ignorant think their strength comes from their flesh and bones.

In a moment the lord can flatten all of the earth if he so desired but he shall not because it has already taken place once before. The lord has no desire to destroy the earth but much like people who forsake him when they know him he will free the land and revert it back to a good state of being when it is defiled. Luke chapter 10 verse 3
edit on 3-9-2022 by mammothtank because: It needed expanding upon

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   
In the Northern Hemisphere it's called WINTER.

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   
And the high heat we have this summer
world wide has nothing to do with it?
all the lakes and rivers drying up?

Pakistan had big flooding.
I think the other places will get
big flooding the rest of this year.

Almost makes you think the Earth
can regulate its temperature!!
Never! they need Global worming...

posted on Sep, 3 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I remember winters in the 60's and 70's being much colder and snowier.

Now, they're too temperate with practically no snow.

I think we're experiencing a natural cycle of Earth. This volcano is just another natural event contributing to global weather patterns.

People forget that we are in a quiet interval in Earth's history as far as weather is concerned.
edit on 9/3/2022 by VierEyes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join