It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DanceDanceRevolution Against Obesity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Don't blame your video games for your increasing poundage... at least not if you play DDR (Dance Dance Revolution.) This interactive computer game has been out for a number of years, and is a pretty tough physical challenge when played at the higher levels. Now they're conducting a study to see if using DDR at home will help kids (and adults) to lose weight and get fitter.

The issue isn't so much the exercies and weight as it is compliance -- sticking to the program. Will DDR do the job?
www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I wonder how many lawsuits will arise out of that.

"My kid broke his ankle on level 25!"

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I dance with music video and old concert videos all the time for cardio-exercice, if for some reason I can't go outside enough at work, so I see no problem with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
You'd be surprised how stupid, yet fun this game is. It has a workout mode on there to count the burned calories. It really does work up a sweat.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
DDR is like computer game crack. It's so addicting but it's good for you. I love it!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I love DDR. Of course I don't do it as well as my kids, but it's lots of fun. Hey! even my cats like DDR

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The only drawback is that the game can be played with controllers also. My kids get chastised for that! lol

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I have seen the effects of DDR because one of my friends has lost over 40 pounds since he began playing and he has kept it off successfully. I have played DDR myself and I think it is a very fun way to lose some weight and stay fit.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I've been into DDR for a two years or so, and let me tell you it is terrific. Nothing like coming home after a stressful day at work and pound away on a dance pad and jam to music. I find it to be a great stress reliever. My heartrate is awesome and it's great for the cardiovascular system. I think that this as well as more interactive games would be great for kids. I mean they are already sooooo into video games. Why not provide them with ones that are healthy for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
DDR is a great game, I played it on the dance mat at afriends (of course I did trip and fall, but thats another story).

If they made more games physicly challenging like this, I'm sure the overweight problem in America would go down a great amount.

top topics

join