It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we in a Recession?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
A GDP report will be released tomorrow to tell us if we are in a recession.

I don’t think we’ll need that, we all know. Rates were raised again today.
There is a chance we don’t meet the technical definition but I think we all feel it. RECESSION!

All eyes are on the housing market. Many say it won’t be 2008 because mortgages are different.
Others are saying get ready for a crash like you have never seen. Rents here are astronomical. I can’t even imagine
Being a renter right now. Who knows, every recession, depression is different but in the end the middle class is the one that
Hurts the most.

Prices are up everywhere, stores seem empty, there is less traffic on the roads.
I have friends that have lost good jobs and haven’t found replacements. They may have to take something outside of their field.

Do you feel it in your area yet?

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
To those paying attention, the economy is very fragile. A 'recession' is what the talking heads claim they're trying to avert, but it seems more like a full-blown depression nipping at our heels.

Between crop failures, transportation logjam from multiple causes, high rent causing increased homelessness, not enough people to fill the job market because of C19 deaths and early retirement, the house of cards would only need a tiny breeze at this point.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

There is a chance we don’t meet the technical definition but I think we all feel it. RECESSION!

Didn't the Biden administration just CHANGE the technical definition of 'RECESSION'...a couple of days ago?

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Didn't the Biden administration just CHANGE the technical definition of 'RECESSION'...a couple of days ago?

A recession only happens with republican presidents.

We're now in a retrograde prosperity curve dynamic.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Are we in a recession?

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Oh, the bobbing heads in biden administration economic team already have planned a redefinition of recession and the communist media already pushing the information as the real facts. Fed to raise interest .75 on top of what they have raised already.

This is going to be priceless, the democrats failure with the nation is easily fixt with the right "pronounces".

When is a recession not a recession? When Presidentish Joe Biden says it ain’t, Jack.

Axios reported that White House economic advisors on Thursday moved the goalposts on what a recession is. The traditional definition of a recession is two or more quarters of economic shrinkage, but the Biden administration argues that “by most measures,” according to Axios, “the world’s largest economy remains comfortably in expansion mode.”

That’s why the White House “is seeking to preempt heightened recession chatter that would accompany two quarters of shrinking GDP.”

By changing the accepted definition.

Citing a “holistic look at the data,” the White House Council of Economic Advisors claims that “it is unlikely that the decline in GDP in the first quarter of this year—even if followed by another GDP decline in the second quarter—indicates a recession.”

Yep just get Bidne bubble heads team to tell you what a recession is not a recession and everything is just peachy.

www.johnlocke.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You forgot, as per dementia china biden we are no only in a retrograde prosperity curve dynamic but also in an economic expansion, I guess that means all the illegals now in the country.

Soo we are in a recession but is really no a recession dummy is biden economic grow.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   
In East Tennessee most Busines owners are reporting short staffing. Plenty of jobs. Food, real estate, and fuel prices are at an all time high. Fuel may be slipping a just little, it’s to early to tell. The supply chain is running on empty in the construction industry.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Oh, but dementia biden wants us to buy electric cars because that will help the economy, yep that is what he is directing the bubble head secretary of transportation to keep pushing for.

Do you have 60 thousand dollars for an electric car? yep that will fix your economic woes.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Your personal situation is all that matters when determining if there is a recession or not.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Live in a really small town.. food is a bit more expensive.. Electricity is about 37%more expensive.. Fuel is double compared to the usual.. I really needed a construction team to help sort some things out in my house, i got them, but the price of wood/lumber was about double too..

Not feeling it yet.

But next winter might hurt lots.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The way economic grow has been measured is with the GDP that personally I believe is not an accurate way to measure, but this is the way it is.

Two quarter of weak economic grow has always been used as a marker of economic troubles in a big nation like the US.

And that usually points to a recession.

Now dementia biden is going to change all that, now only his bubble head team will tell you what a recession is or is not and the media will drill you with the information to make it a fact.

edit on 27-7-2022 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:06 PM
link   

If I recall correctly you are in IL?
One of the heaviest taxed states in the land?

For perspective I am in a purple state, which I would presume IL is too based on it's mix of farmland and urban, and at any rate, if anything I am seeing increased traffic, and increased stocking on shelves vs a year ago.

What is corroborated here is that we also have higher prices and rent is also stupidly high.

perhaps since you live in a more rural area there is less traffic since people gave up

Here more people are being hired and traffic is up.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

No Wisconsin

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Yes...yes we are..
People better hope like hell that's all it is.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Oh, but dementia biden wants us to buy electric cars because that will help the economy, yep that is what he is directing the bubble head secretary of transportation to keep pushing for.

Do you have 60 thousand dollars for an electric car? yep that will fix your economic woes.

I think they might make these road legal soon.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

I am sure that with the average American size this days, I hope the car comes on "super size". the video make me laugh, but hey never say never, just super size it.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

You want big guys in one? You got it.

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Not to stray off topic too much, but anyone else notice outa one side of their mouth they say:”buy a 60k electric car” likely that’ll be a 7-9 year note for the average person to get 300-500/mos. Out of the other side of their mouth: “ we don’t want privately owned cars, we need to keep the resources circulating!” So you will almost have paid off your shiney new electric ride, just in time for your WEF/UN 2030 “own nothing and be happy!

Nice

posted on Jul, 27 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes, for everyday working people we are in a recession, don’t need no talking heads to tell us that!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join