It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Cunningham Best Political Ad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   

This is ____THE__BEST political ad!
Oh my God, the router comment almost killed me.

Not sure much else about this guy, but his ad caught my attention.
I think we are going to see more of this. I think we are all sick of very elderly and out of touch
people running our country. Maybe this is ageist, but we need younger blood. We need people that
we don't question if what they are saying is a joke, reality or just dementia talking.
We need people that we aren't concerned they are just building their family pipeline legacy.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:24 PM
link   
That was a good aid. I'd vote for that guy if all I had to go on was political aids.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Nope. Even if I could, I wouldn't. He can spout all the pretty words and make promises, but he is a Democrat and I've seen enough of their lies.

I will never vote Democrat again.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

This time it’s different, for realsies..

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Guy reminds me of Logan's Run. Hope you're not too young to know what that means. I get a kick out of the router comment. He's portraying older people as not understanding technology, In fact, older people invented it. The "Boomer" generation invented all the technology "younger people" use, but don't understand themselves.

Who invented the computer? Boomers.
Who invented the language used to write the software? Boomers.
Who wrote the software? Boomers.
Who invented the Ethernet? Boomers.
Who invented the mouse? Boomers.
Who invented the Internet? Boomers.
What did you invent? Nothing.

EVERYTHING you use technology wise was invented by the older generations. YOU are just an end-user, someone who was taught how to answer the questions the computer and software puts to you. You couldn't invent what you are using to save your life. It was all handed to you.

This guy is telling you we need to work together instead of be divisive with each other. How do we do that? By blaming old people for all our ills. That's pretty typical. Let's blame someone else for all our problems and not take responsibility for any of them. H's blaming old people this time. Last time it was the Jews.

edit on 7/24/2022 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Love the ad! He spoke the truth, but he IS a lawyer and I personally believe that and career politicians are the biggest part of what's wrong in our political system.
Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

The number of Congress members who self-identify as lifelong politicians has risen substantially in the last 40 years.

Since the 1970s, the Brookings Institution has maintained detailed data on the prior occupations of members of Congress. In 1979, just 29 members of the House of Representatives listed their prior occupation as professional politician. By 2019, that number had risen to 171, a 490% increase!!

The Senate hasn’t fared much better. In 1979, 15 senators identified themselves as professional politicians. Today the number sits at 49, a 227% increase.

Lawyer is the second most well-represented profession in Congress, with 157 members of the House identifying as attorneys. While there is one lawyer for every accountant in America, the ratio in Congress is more lopsided: 14 lawyers for every accountant.

This could explain why our tax code is 75,000 pages long and it still hasn’t raised enough money to avoid $22 trillion in debt.

The Brookings data coincides with an increase in congressional tenure, particularly among members of leadership and committee chairs, where power is concentrated. Leaders on average have more than 30 years in their current seats; influential committee chairs more than 20.
In a nutshell, Congress has become a top-down, closed system run by lifelong political insiders. While some new blood enters the system every two years, it is quickly poisoned by senior leaders, who dangle clout and committee assignments based on conformity.

[www.termlimits.com...]
edit on 700000011America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

well his stance on Global warming is a hard NO for me. not to mention his AGEIST attitude. He may say its not D v R but he will become a D when they need it.
HE says we need to come together,then splits us along age lines. Its not the AGE thats the problem,its the money and lobbying.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Guy reminds me of Logan's Run. Hope you're not too young to know what that means. I get a kick out of the router comment. He's portraying older people as not understanding technology, In fact, older people invented it. The "Boomer" generation invented all the technology "younger people" use, but don't understand themselves.

EVERYTHING you use technology wise was invented by the older generations. YOU are just an end-user, someone who was taught how to answer the questions the computer and software puts to you. You couldn't invent what you are using to save your life. It was all handed to you.

This guy is telling you we need to work together instead of be divisive with each other. How do we do that? By blaming old people for all our ills. That's pretty typical. Let's blame someone else for all our problems and not take responsibility for any of them. H's blaming old people this time. Last time it was the Jews.

So, in your opinion, since the ‘Boomers’ built it all up - does that give them the right to tear it all down?

That’s what I saw during the pandemic. An abundance of boomers willing to destroy our economy, because they haven’t come to grips with their mortality.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

So, in your opinion, since the ‘Boomers’ built it all up - does that give them the right to tear it all down?

That’s what I saw during the pandemic. An abundance of boomers willing to destroy our economy, because they haven’t come to grips with their mortality.

Our economy was destroyed by unnecessary and ultimately ineffective lockdowns and other restrictions and measures, largely supported by Democrats, who tend to be younger on average than Republicans.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Our economy was destroyed by unnecessary and ultimately ineffective lockdowns and other restrictions and measures, largely supported by Democrats, who tend to be younger on average than Republicans.

Who were the democrats that were spearheading that directive? Fauci and Pelosi is who. How old are they again?

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Who were the democrats that were spearheading that directive? Fauci and Pelosi is who. How old are they again?

Oh, so they had zero support from younger Democrats?

Let's not make things up, please.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Nobody said they had zero support from younger democrats.

Who was the leaders of the lockdowns? Fauci and Pelosi. The youngin’s would have done whatever they said.

BTW, I thought it was obvious that I’m not a democrat.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Not sure much else about this guy, but his ad caught my attention.
I think we are going to see more of this. I think we are all sick of very elderly and out of touch
people running our country. Maybe this is ageist, but we need younger blood. We need people that
we don't question if what they are saying is a joke, reality or just dementia talking.
We need people that we aren't concerned they are just building their family pipeline legacy.

OMG, this!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^

Awesome, thanks for posting this, S&F. Yeah, I'm 58, and I agree we need younger people running for office, but not staying in office forever and forever. I agree with him that so many members of Congress and the Administration are way too old. Yes, one of the best political ads I've seen. There should be more people like this guy. I'd vote for him even if he were republican.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Nobody said they had zero support from younger democrats.

Who was the leaders of the lockdowns? Fauci and Pelosi. The youngin’s would have done whatever they said.

BTW, I thought it was obvious that I’m not a democrat.

Yeah a lot of people on here who make excuses for Democrats are not a Democrat.

A lot of young people, who tend to be Democrat, feverishly supported everything that crippled the economy.

If you acknowledge that's true, why are you responding with anything other than agreement? Why the need to deflect to Pelosi and Fauci?

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Let me get this straight. You're comparing a political ad to the fictional movie Logan's Run? While I thought Logan's Run was a captivating movie, and have seen it more than once, it's like comparing apples to guns. Gotta wonder what's going on with us boomers (I am one myself) when we're saying things like this. I think there's some cognitive dissonance going on here.

It sounds more like insecurity that we aging boomers are not going to be in charge anymore. Younger generations eventually replace the older ones, just the cycle of life. Unlike many boomers, this doesn't bother me in the least. And as a boomer, I feel many boomers are the most arrogant self centered generation of all time.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

A lot of young people, who tend to be Democrat, feverishly supported everything that crippled the economy.

Because they are morons that didn’t quite grasp what they were actually supporting.

If you acknowledge that's true, why are you responding with anything other than agreement? Why the need to deflect to Pelosi and Fauci?

Like in any situation, we blame the leaders of movements. As an example, how often do you hear about the plebes when the Nazi’s are brought up? You don’t. You hear about Adolf Hitler. Hence, my reference to Fauci and Pelosi. The younger democrats just do what they’re told by their leaders.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If the young progressives all keep playing the "old washed up politician" card, that eliminate both Biden and Trump

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

It's been 20 years since South Cackalack had a Democratic Governor and only 2 of the last 8 were Democrats the previous one was in office in 1975, no doubt a backlash from Nixon. I can agree with some points but Id have to see more about him and how crooked or not the Republican guy is.

That said this could be a close race according to Ballotpedia, if he wins so be it if that's the choice of the South Carolina voter. The Party of the Governor isn't so crucial as ay the House or Senate, besides I believe the days one party dominance may be over.

ballotpedia.org...

Joe Cunningham’s campaign website (2020)[5]

Ban Offshore Drilling

Term Limits and PAC Money

Supporting Our Veterans
My father proudly served his country in the Vietnam War and was lucky enough to return home safely. Too many of our country’s heroes are less fortunate. For me, supporting our troops means:
First, keeping the promises we have made as a country to those brave enough to serve. That begins with equipping them with the proper equipment whether that is on a distant battlefield or here at home. It extends to providing them with timely support during conflicts. And it continues with providing them with the care they need - both physically and mentally - upon their return home. We should work to strengthen the Veterans Affairs Department by cutting red tape and reducing inconvenient paperwork requirements. Government bureaucracy should not be an obstacle to treatment or receiving benefits that veterans have earned from their service.
Secondly, supporting our troops means helping transition soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and coast guardsmen back into the civilian life. Unemployment, homelessness and mental health struggles should not be something our veterans are tackling alone. Helping veterans gain employment or start their own businesses should be a priority. We also know that Post-Traumatic Stress and suicide is higher among our heroes; we need to make sure they get the care they deserve.
As a new member of the Veterans’ Affairs Committee in the House of Representatives, I will continue to support our troops and do everything I can to ensure they are valued and protected.
Reducing the Cost of Healthcare
I believe that healthcare is a right, not a privilege.

Jobs and Economy
Many incredible companies, such as Volvo, Mercedes-Benz and Boeing, employ tens of thousands of Lowcountry residents. However, all of those jobs are at risk now because of this administration’s unnecessary job-killing tariffs. Volvo alone has stated that 4,000 potential South Carolina employees are at major risk of job loss.
These tariffs are dangerous and could be catastrophic for Lowcountry families. I will vote to overturn these tariffs, and plan to introduce legislation to give Congress more oversight authority in approving future tariffs.
Combating Climate Change
As an Eagle Scout, I spent many weekends in the great outdoors, camping and hiking. Being near the ocean, fishing and diving are my favorite hobbies. It was my love of marine environment that led me to study ocean engineering, where I could be near the water and preserve it for future generations to enjoy.
In the Lowcountry, our natural resources provide a high quality of life for citizens, as well as drive the local economy.
I believe climate change is the single greatest non-military threat to our nation—especially living in a coastal region, where we see the impacts of rising sea levels and harsh storm systems firsthand. I believe this challenge presents an opportunity to invest in clean energy that promotes job growth and eliminates dirty energy sources, like drilling off our coast for oil, once and for all. Let’s focus on renewable sources like solar and wind to create a high tech, green economy that preserves our natural resources for many years to come.
Voting Rights
Our democracy is under attack by politicians who are deliberately making it harder for people to vote. I am fighting for fair access to the voting booth and work to ensure everyone’s voice is being fairly represented.
I believe we can improve our current system by implementing automatic voter registration. When you turn 18, you’re immediately registered to vote.
We also need to end partisan gerrymandering in this country so voters are choosing their politicians, not the other way around.
Women’s Health and Equal Pay for Equal Work
When my wife, Amanda, was pregnant with our son Boone, we spent countless hours in OB’s offices. In those nine months, something became very clear to me: those doctor offices are small and there is no room for anyone other than a woman, a doctor, and a supportive spouse.
In Congress, I am fighting to keep the government out of intimate healthcare decisions between a woman and her doctor, and I oppose efforts to defund Planned Parenthood and other women’s health resources.
Beyond healthcare, I will always support policies that advance women’s equality in the workplace. In South Carolina, women make less than 80% of what men do for the exact same work. This is unacceptable. I will always support efforts to close the gender wage gap once and for all: equal pay for equal work should not be controversial.
Equal Protection Under The Law
I believe in equal protection under the law for everyone, no matter who you are, or who you love. We have made so much progress towards equality under the law and in our society as a whole, but there is still much that we can do to improve the climate for our LGBTQ community. Let’s pass the Equality Act and prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity with regard to employment, housing, credit, education, public spaces and services, federally funded programs, and jury service--so that everyone can participate equally in all aspects of American life.
Second Amendment
I support the Second Amendment and common sense gun safety measures. I own a firearm and have my concealed carry license. As a community, we should work together to ensure firearms do not fall into the hands of criminals, convicted felons or the mentally ill. I support strong background checks and closing the Charleston loophole. Bump stocks should be banned and assault weapons should be reserved for our military - not for private citizens.[3]

—Joe Cunningham’s campaign website (2020)[5]

edit on 24-7-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:03 PM
link   
That is a pretty great ad. It runs just like Obama's Hope and Change ads did for his first Presidential term.

Just remember that he lost reelection in 2020, which he held for one term only, after almost exclusively voting along party lines and doing what Pelosi said.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
If the young progressives all keep playing the "old washed up politician" card, that eliminate both Biden and Trump

That's the plan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join