It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SME, Sound Mitigation Equipment for your AR15

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I found this the other day, and it looks interesting. A way to shoot without as much noise. Since the lawmakers still don't grasp how a suppressor won't kill anyone, or make it easier to kill anyone, they are still an NFA item. Hopefully in the future that will change. But for now, there are options. At least this one. The video shows what it is and how it works. I'm going to try one out, so I'll follow up on this with some real world testing. I have a decibel meter, so I can try to recreate this example. It's not expensive so hopefully a worthwhile trial.

Just wanted to share this with the shooters and hopefully get some feedback. Shoot straight and safe.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

In Michigan, noise suppressors are legal n in stores. Have been...

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'd be interested in what you find out re: how effective they are.

I've heard the report is still fairly loud, but that was a conversation or two from decades back.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I don't think that's the case. NFA, the N is "national", not reginal.

If you could link me to the store that sells suppressors without a tax stamp, I'd be super happy.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

this one seems new, so who knows. But the folks testing it seem to be able to shoot without ear pro.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   

To own a silencer in Michigan, you can simply purchase from Silencer Central, your local licensed dealer, and we will complete the ATF registration paperwork. We even give you a free NFA gun trust so you can let your family and close friends legally use your silencer too!

link to source

it's the same as in NC, you have to file paperwork, buy a tax stamp, and have the NFA paperwork approved before you get your can.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I can forward you the best store in town: Action Impact, Southfield Mi...owner former P.D., Homeland Sec and a few "alphabet" agencies.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   

U n me...right now...because I'm licensed...can walk in, pay, ck my card in 5 mins...n out the door.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I think you should check on this. In order to purchase a suppressor in the United States of America, you have to file NFA paperwork, buy a tax stamp, and wait for approval to get your can. Again, it's a federal thing. But this is one case, I'd absolutely LOVE to be proven wrong.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   

U n me...right now...because I'm licensed...can walk in, pay, ck my card in 5 mins...n out the door.

what kind of license do you have?
edit on 24-7-2022 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Close to $200 to add more weight to the end of your gun for a bit of mitigation.... I'm not a fan.

⭐+🇺🇸

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

A class 3 license as in a FFL?

Folks who do not have the class 3 have to pay the tax stamp and wait on their approval for permission from the govt.

On topic:

I can't find the article but they were looking to come after the solvent traps too in one of the pieces of gun legislation.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Store page.

Been wondering as well and very interested in your opinions when you get it.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If youre already vetted, fingerprinted, licensed already, I drop my license. They ck State Police, my drivers i.d...and I can walk out with anything. Guns, Suppressors, Tasers.

No waiting. Nothing more than them running my CPL. The CPL/CCW is wide ranging and cuts all the paperwork (except what they need to file).
edit on 07220131America/ChicagoSun, 24 Jul 2022 12:46:01 -050046202200000001 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Ive a CPL. In Miami in 1975, it was called a CCW. When weaponry became more advanced...the CCW was to mean CONCEALED WEAPONS PERMIT> Any concealed...anything.

That gave way to the CPL...CONCEALED PISTOL LICENSE. In Michigan, I believe older carriers like me (over 40+ years of Concealed Carry)), its was changed to the specific: CPL.

Cant recall, but switched maybe 10-15-20 some years back.
edit on 07221131America/ChicagoSun, 24 Jul 2022 12:51:11 -050051202200000011 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   

If youre already vetted, fingerprinted, licensed already, I drop my license. They ck State Police, my drivers i.d...and I can walk out with anything. Guns, Suppressors, Tasers.

No waiting. Nothing more than them running my CPL. The CPL/CCW is wide ranging and cuts all the paperwork (except what they need to file).

If you're still here in MI:

On March 3, 2020, the United States Department of Justice Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) determined that the Michigan Concealed Pistol License (CPL) no longer qualifies as a National Instant Criminal Background Check (NICS) alternative permit for possessing and transporting firearms.

Michigan CPL-holders who purchase firearms from or through a federally licensed firearms dealer (FFL) should expect to undergo a NICS background check through the FFL, as required by federal law. Questions regarding the NICS background check should be directed to the Federal Bureau of Investigation NICS Section at 1-877-FBI-NICS (877-324-6427).

www.michigan.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You do not wait at any FFL dealer. Not if youre already licensed. That cuts the tape. Ive never had, nor know of any of my friends cops, firefighters, ER responders, and a few a gun instructors...that ever have to wait.

Our license is our ticket. *Note: I just called and they said come on in, not busy. In stock, bring money. Can I take? Thye said "of course".
edit on 07222031America/ChicagoSun, 24 Jul 2022 12:58:20 -050058202200000020 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I have a CCW, and can buy a handgun right away as well. But a suppressor is not the same thing. Only because you have said this before and continue, I'll make a bet with you. If you can go tomorrow, and buy a dead air .30 cal suppressor, I'll pay you double for it and I'll travel to Michigan and buy you a beer as well. Nomad 30 if they have it. You will be told you have to fill out the NFA paperwork, pay for the suppressor, pay the $200 tax stamp, and wait for the ATF to approve the sale. the only thing that has changed recently is the paperwork only takes weeks now, instead of months.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   

You do not wait at any FFL dealer. Not if youre already licensed.

If its a Class 3 (FFL) license.

posted on Jul, 24 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

"Michigan CPL-holders who purchase firearms from or through a federally licensed firearms dealer (FFL) should expect to undergo a NICS background check through the FFL, as required by federal law"

Nope. Not.If.You.Already.Have.All.That.Current.With.Your License.

Ive been thru everything from fingerprints , to b.g.checks. Im good.

Do you think an off duty P.D.Officer has to wait in any store for the same? Nope. Out the door. BECAUSE we are already licensed.
edit on 07224631America/ChicagoSun, 24 Jul 2022 13:02:46 -050002202200000046 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join