It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of Jesus? Sounds crazy to me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I found this picture on the internet. It claims to be a photograph of Jesus. I'm VERY, INCREDIBLY skeptical of this, but I don't know much about photoshop or the like. Has anyone seen this before? Or can you debunk it?

www.ghoststudy.com...

Here's the text, if someone knows how to put the actual pic on this thread, it would be much appreciated!

"Jesus appears on film!
Jackie writes, "I found this photo at auction. I thought that the story was interesting enough, but found the photo to be even more so. The photo is on thick, heavy paper, like the kind used in older photos, and doesn't seem to be manipulated. The following is the story that was posted with the auction."
I WAS GIVEN THIS PHOTOGRAPH BY A FRIEND AND ASKED SELL IT FOR HER. I WAS TOLD THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN BY HER UNCLE HERE IN OREGON UP BY DETROIT LAKE IN THE LATE 1920'S. SHE SAID, HE TOLD HER HE WAS UP THERE FISHING WHEN HE SAW A BEAUTIFUL BEAM OF LIGHT IN THE TREES, SO HE TOOK A PHOTO OF IT. LATER THAT DAY HE WAS FISHING IN HIS WOODEN BOAT AND AS HE WAS BRINGING IN A FISH IT TIPPED OVER. HE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO SWIM, ALL HE REMEMBERED WAS GOING UNDER. THEN WAKING UP ON THE SHORE. SO UPSET BY THIS, HE PACKED UP CAMP AND WENT HOME. LATER WHEN THE PHOTOS WERE DEVELOPED, THIS WAS THE IMAGE THAT WAS ON THE FILM. I DO NOT KNOW IF I COULD SELL A PHOTO LIKE THIS FROM MY FAMILY, BUT SHE HAS HER REASONS. I THINK IT IS AN AMAZING IMAGE. I MADE HER A WALLET SIZE COPY TO CARRY WITH HER ALWAYS AND WILL OFFER THE ORIGINAL TO YOU. IS THIS A TRUE STORY, I DO NOT KNOW, THIS IS NOT FROM MY FAMILY, BUT IT IS WORD FOR WORD WHAT I WAS TOLD AND I THINK IT IS A WONDERFUL THOUGHT! I HOPE IT WILL BE A BLESSING TO WHO EVER ENJOYS IT NEXT. THIS IS AN ORIGINAL OLD PHOTOGRAPH, NOT A COPY. IT MEASURES 5 X 7 INCHES!"

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, you should be skeptical of it. It's definately created... that image of Jesus comes from one of the old prayer cards and is called "Sacred heart of Jesus."

Some folks will try to get away with anything, eh?

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I would have to say it is a hoax on the basis that no one today knows what jesus really looked like, so people like Da Vinci just made him in there own image of what Jesus would look like. The man in the picture looks like the Jesus from the last supper (the painting) and so it was probly hoaxed by someone who has seen that painting.

I would expect jesus to look nothing like what he's been painted as.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
actually this is the same site as that alien pic. I don't know anything about photoshop but this to me is fake, without question. For one that site now has had two pics taken that are big time photos if they were real one of aliens the other of jesus? nope not buying it. Plus most ghost pictures you can't make out anything but a blur, and the figure looks almost the exact same as one on a book my grandma had.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yeah, its definitely not real.

If it was real i dont think it would be a real good sign for the guy who took the picture. Because its looks like Jesus is frowning at him. lol.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I'd agree with everyone else who has replied so far... fake.

And i don't like the fact you have to sign-up to see the larger version. $15 for a years membership but you get a $300 travel voucher, sounds fishy

[edit on 3-4-2005 by nibiru]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I did a quick google search, and came up with this picture

images.google.com...

It's on the bottom row, far left. It looks very similar to the photo

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Ha! Thats nothing.

You should check out the picure of the Virgin Mary that appered in a cheese sandwich. Someone got a lot of cash for that on E bay.

Why would the almighty chosse to communicate with us through a tasty snack. I have heard he moves in msterious ways but this is post consumption of three sheets of acid mysterious.

I have a stain on my shirt that vaguely resembles Kim Jong Il

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I am skeptical. But I'm not a believer. Why is it that jesus always looks just like that? Well I guess nobody would believe you if it didn't look like that....hmmmm.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by I See You]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm with the general consensus of everyone else here: definitely fake.

In addition to being a well known painting of Jesus, it's known that given Jesus' place of origin, he most likely looked nothing like the typical caucasian male typically portrayed. Remember, Jesus was from the Middle East. He probably had dark skin and hair, brown eyes, and given the general means of living at the time, probably looked significantly older than he actually was.

What this photograph is, more likely than anything, is a ghostly apparition of the photoshop variety of a "haunted" prayer card.

[edit for spelling]

[edit on 3-4-2005 by obsidian468]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I have only seen one picture of Jesus that could even have a chance of passing as real. My 3rd grade teacher had a picture of her mothers funeral, it was during the school year, and in the picture it had someone who looked like Jesus in the front of the grave looking up. Thats all, I wish I could find my teacher that would be a great pic I will check at my old school mabey someday

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Taking in consideration that now a days people will buy a toast on Ebay because it has the virgin image on it, I will be very skeptical of this picture.

Some will do anything to profit from the faithful.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My pic I have nothing to gain for it. The pic they are using is for advertising on there webspace if anything

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Why would you even post this? You can put "Deny Ignorance" all over your avatar and signature, but how about applying it? I don't mean to be rude, but come on, this is ridiculous! DENY Idiocy!! How about that?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by degoat87]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If it's Lenina you're talking to, she's definately applying it here. Maybe you didn't understand why she posted this thread here. Did she sound like someone who is claiming that that is a real picture Jesus to you?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
This Is just Like That Jesus Image on a toast that sold On ebay..
Ignorants will fall for things like this but not us right?

[edit on 4-4-2005 by ALLSEEING]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Well, Byrd's even given you the exact source for the image, but I should also mention that most such images of Jesus are really that of King James. It's highly doubtful that Jesus was of such anglo-european stock, hehe....

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
"Why would you even post this? You can put "Deny Ignorance" all over your avatar and signature, but how about applying it? I don't mean to be rude, but come on, this is ridiculous! DENY Idiocy!! How about that? "

I clearly did not post this thread claiming that this is a genuine picture of Jesus. I mearly wanted to see if anyone else had opinions on it, or if anyone had run this picture through photoshop.

But if in reading my post you really beleive that I was trying to convince everyone here that this is actual, undeniable, proof that Jesus Christ comes to his faithful followers in photographs, I have some land on Saturn that I'd like to sell you. Please contact me privately to netiotiate the cost depending on where you would like your beach house to reside.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Pssst, Ive got Pope John Paul 2nd's face on a half eaten hostess twinky. Wanna buy it cheap? Last offer before I post it on ebay!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lenina
I have some land on Saturn that I'd like to sell you. Please contact me privately to netiotiate the cost depending on where you would like your beach house to reside.

They have beaches on Saturn!! I'll start the bidding at a fiver

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join