It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monkey with an AK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Captured phone from a Ukrainian soldier translated

“Which button turns on the cooling of a Javelin”

“Cooling Javelin”

“Kherson Oblast, Map”

“iPhone 13 128 buy”

“Javelin, why does it get hot?”

“Javelin, making noise”

“Javelin, why doesn’t it work/shoot”

“Beautiful Babes 4th season online”

“Stranger Things Season 4”

“Javelin how to use”

“Javelin not Work”

“How to Delete Web History”

“Javelin YouTube”

The powerful antitank weapons have come to symbolize U.S. involvement in Ukraine and the race to equip its army for the devastating fight that has unfolded. But lost in the scramble, according to Ukrainian commanders and Western volunteers, is effective, timely logistical assistance — things like training modules, spare batteries and other basics that the U.S. military itself relies upon. The United States’ wartime customer service, they say, is lacking.

“We’re sending equipment,” Hayward said in an interview. “But have we decided not to do tech support?”

At 8:20 a POW talks a little about them.

Another at 6:25

On Russian channels, the problems Ukraine was having with missile systems were reported back in mid-march. I mentioned it on here once and was accused of spreading propaganda. Here it is in June and MSM is revealing this info. Makes me wonder if MSM is really that inept or were they told to keep quiet on things that can damage the narrative.

At least one Senator tried.

During a Senate Appropriations Committee hearing in May, Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) asked Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin if enough training systems were sent to Ukraine, citing a letter from its defense intelligence agency requesting them.

Russia, DPR, and LPR have captured a couple thousand of these systems. A lot of times they will simply find them abandoned in fields or in abandoned firing positions. It seems they have better tech support than many Ukrainians judging by the videos of them using them against Ukraine.

I keep seeing people calling for sending even more complicated systems to Ukraine. Systems that take months to train on are shortened to weeks. It is like giving an AK to a monkey IMO.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Here's what they're getting next. lol

Here's a list of what's included in the latest batch of security assistance, according to the Pentagon:

Four High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, known as HIMARS, and ammunition;
Five counter-artillery radars;
Two air surveillance radars;
1,000 Javelins and 50 Command Launch Units;
6,000 antiarmor weapons;
15,000 rounds of 155 mm artillery;
Four Mi-17 helicopters;
15 tactical vehicles;
Spare parts and equipment.
With the new aid, the Biden administration has sent about $4.6 billion to Ukraine since Russia invaded in late February, according to Pentagon spokesman Todd Breasseale.

More than $7.3 billion in U.S. security assistance has gone to Ukraine since 2014, when Russia annexed the Crimean Peninsula, Breasseale said.

Go, Branden!

[www.cnbc.com...]

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:27 PM
link   
FWIW it wouldn't be the first time the MIC sent crap weapons to war either?

After all what if Lockheed/Martin and the military found out a batch was defective, better to send them to Ukraine than give to US soldiers.

That said I don't recall any previous issues with defective Javelins but maybe an upgrade or something, but it's been hailed as simple and easy to use. Perhaps the US kept the upgraded versions and shipped outdated ones? so many variables beyond just Ukrainian unfamiliarity.

The FGM-148 Javelin, or Advanced Anti-Tank Weapon System-Medium, is an American-made portable anti-tank missile system in service since 1996, and continuously upgraded

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I have seen serval videos of POWs complaining that the batteries they had didn't work.

It only takes one thing. I worked with other systems but I remember we could at least test the batteries before going out. I guess they didn't send testers either.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   
as soon as I read the title it reminded me of this video a long time ago

makes me think, is this a Sequel?

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I have seen serval videos of POWs complaining that the batteries they had didn't work.

It only takes one thing. I worked with other systems but I remember we could at least test the batteries before going out. I guess they didn't send testers either.

I don't know how you decipher what is perhaps legit videos and what isn't, I mean a prisoner could be saying anything unless you understand their language we are at the mercy of the translator. Im not saying it does or doesn't happen, except we don't know the amount, I mean 50-100 is a lot but in a shipment of 5000, I could see a failure rate that high,throw in even more Javelins come from other countries,no doubt some of them sending outdated or older, s they can upgrade or keep the upgrades they have.

The US supplied Ukraine with 2,000 Javelin anti-tank missiles at the start of the conflict and has since sent at least 2,000 more. Javelins can be fired so that the missile explodes on the top of a tank, where the armour is weakest, according to manufacturer Lockheed Martin.1 day ago

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

😂😂😂

Same here, I thought this is what the thread was gonna be about

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

That was what I was thinking about when I titled it.

Give an AK to a monkey and I am sure they can figure out how to use it. It doesn't mean they will use it the way you hope.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I don't know how you decipher what is perhaps legit videos and what isn't, I mean a prisoner could be saying anything unless you understand their language we are at the mercy of the translator.

Basically it's like the US news with the addition of a translator. Even if we spoke Russian there's no way to validate their honesty.

At this point unless you're standing there when something happens I don't think anybody that values their own credibility will go all in on supporting the truth of most of these claims.

It's just data filling in a bigger picture. The lies tell us as much as the truth, in this case perhaps even more since truth is in short supply. Maybe the Russian tankies are getting nervous so they amplify they number of anti-tank failures in their reports. I wonder if they just like have some baseline they amplify everything by or if they're doing really targeted misinformation. I wonder about both sides, carpet bombing or precision misinformation, some combination?

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I just realized that I forgot to post the source link to the article.

It is too late to go back and add it so I am adding it here.

For Ukrainian troops, a need arises: Javelin customer service

It is the Washington Post. Until today I didn't say much on the subject because "Russian Sources" that are usually ignored and or ridiculed as propaganda but now American sources are confirming that the "Russian Sources" were not lying.

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   
first i question ANYTHING coming out of the russian "press"
how many times have we heard words to the effect "we are beating the ukrianians, victory is soon".
along with communist countries in previous wars make prisoners say all sorts of things that aint true.

second
even if some javilns are failing and/or support parts like batteries are failing even the numbers given by the russians vs the amount (as stated) given the failure rate is low.

third.. ANY weapon system can fail and had a percentage failure rate. the old LAW anti tank system used in vietnam was as simple as it got, and had a failure rate that one seal in his book stated he "hated the unreliable thing".

the more technically advanced it gets , the more chances of failures.

just remember "military grade" really means "built by the lowest bidder to make it as cheap as possible (not in cost, thats a different thing) yet still work"

lastly

the javalin system is SO EXPENSIVE that even our own troops never get to fire a live practice one . only the top of the class gets to and even thats is rare.

overall i really find this russian BS because all their armor isnt being blown to hades in large numbers by slingshots.

scrounger

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

It reminded me of this one from even longer ago..

posted on Jun, 14 2022 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It is like giving an AK to a monkey IMO.

That was what I was thinking about when I titled it.

Give an AK to a monkey and I am sure they can figure out how to use it. It doesn't mean they will use it the way you hope.

You pro ruSSians arent even attempting to hide it now... wow.

At least they arent writing crap on walls with their own #, or taking dumps in kitchen sinks, raping toddlers, booby trapping pantry cupboards or loosing their # over things like running water from faucets etc.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I don't know how you decipher what is perhaps legit videos and what isn't, I mean a prisoner could be saying anything unless you understand their language we are at the mercy of the translator. Im not saying it does or doesn't happen, except we don't know the amount, I mean 50-100 is a lot but in a shipment of 5000, I could see a failure rate that high,throw in even more Javelins come from other countries,no doubt some of them sending outdated or older, s they can upgrade or keep the upgrades they have.

The US supplied Ukraine with 2,000 Javelin anti-tank missiles at the start of the conflict and has since sent at least 2,000 more. Javelins can be fired so that the missile explodes on the top of a tank, where the armour is weakest, according to manufacturer Lockheed Martin.1 day ago

I use the Yandex Browser, it is built on the Chrome platform. This Russian browser has the function of voice and text translation of any video with subtitles. Moreover, if the video is not in Russian, then the browser offers translation automatically.
I don't believe Western browsers don't have this functionality. Most likely you are just too lazy to do it, it's easier to blame someone for something.

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   
😂😂

posted on Jun, 15 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The fact that they can't use the weapons is good news.

posted on Jun, 16 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
One problem is likely they trained a few operators on the javalin system.
These operators likely understood English and had to translate when they trained operators in ukraine.

When you do this over time you get the telephone effect and the training gets worse over time.

This is done different in the US army as they use highly trained NCO's that have been in training command for 2 to 4 years and every one understands English. Plus, the US army has training simulators.
A person my fire 20 plus simulator rounds during training.

new topics

top topics

join