It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stranger Things S4 (Possible spoilers)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Didn't see any existing threads on this.

Anyways. If you haven't caught up on season 4 of Stranger Things you're definitely missing out.

I watched episode 7 last night and the opening was just effin brutal. I had ate some good stuff, and at the end of episode 6 I was like "No, effin way man." Then, the beginning of episode 7 I was just wide eyed. I thought to myself. "Dude, that was effin metal!" which was funny because a few scenes later the character Eddie said the same thing lmao.

If you haven't watched it yet I definitely recommend it. Best season out of all of them.

I really love the Hopper/Enzo scenes. And man you've gotta see Murray's newly acquired black belt skills. lol.
The s# is crazy.

The ambient sounds, the lighting, heck just the cinematography in general makes me happy to have seen it.

The additional characters like Enzo, Argyle, and Eddie really add to the show.

For anyone else who's seen it what are things that you really liked, didn't like, or had questions about?

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's amazing. Some of the best television I've ever watched. I'm sad that it's about to be over.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's amazing. Some of the best television I've ever watched. I'm sad that it's about to be over.

Truly though it is , The way they captured and encapsulated the 80's in 'Stranger Things' is amazing .

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

There is supposed to be five seasons.

Plus two more episodes in season 4.
edit on 8-6-2022 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The storyline is just meh, but almost every other aspect is done really well, sure they overplay some of the 80's stuff, and the Winona/Hopper storyline seems so unrealistic, and I really enjoyed David Harbour in previous seasons. Otherwise, a primarily fun watch. They do an excellent job of introducing new characters though, and once you like a character you will follow along even when and if the story drags.

The cinematography is excellent the CGI is pretty good definitely captures the Spielberg 80's vibe and definitely reminds me of how his movie Super 8 was.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yep. Just waiting for those two episodes to release. I didn't know there is a 5th season planned. Pretty crazy to see what's next.

Honestly, I'd like it if they kept going. Even if it doesn't have most or any of the current cast. It would be cool to see a season take place in the 90s.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

Yep. Just waiting for those two episodes to release. I didn't know there is a 5th season planned. Pretty crazy to see what's next.

Honestly, I'd like it if they kept going. Even if it doesn't have most or any of the current cast. It would be cool to see a season take place in the 90s.

The effort to normalize EL is a bit annoying as the bullying is ridiculously overplayed. But for the most part the story line is fun to follow and some of the adult humor barbs are fun to look forward to.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: scottobereal

Barb is dead. Let her go.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 11:36 PM
link   

It was kind of confusing seeing her go from the whole punk thing she had going for her when she ran away to seeing her being a regular awkward bullied teen, but I didn't feel it was out of place. She's basically a teen with little to no socialization, and she's awkward as hell because she's basically mentally still a little kid.

But yeah. Her relationship with Mike is godawful and that needs to end. It's basically the epitome of cringey teen relationships, and I'm already not big on romancey stuff. But it's not even romantic. It's just awful.

The adults should have been like nah bro that's cringe.

I do agree with that there are parts of the story that kind of drag on, but I feel like they're still fun enough to keep watching.

The kids going to Salt Lake City seems kind of pointless, since it seems Eleven is going to be done with her training or whatever it is. But I guess they wouldn't know that. Though it does seem like she'd been underground for close to a month from how the two doctors are talking. So, Idk. I guess long story short they're all going to end up back in Hawkins anyways.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

It was kind of confusing seeing her go from the whole punk thing she had going for her when she ran away to seeing her being a regular awkward bullied teen, but I didn't feel it was out of place. She's basically a teen with little to no socialization, and she's awkward as hell because she's basically mentally still a little kid.

But yeah. Her relationship with Mike is godawful and that needs to end. It's basically the epitome of cringey teen relationships, and I'm already not big on romancey stuff. But it's not even romantic. It's just awful.

The adults should have been like nah bro that's cringe.

I do agree with that there are parts of the story that kind of drag on, but I feel like they're still fun enough to keep watching.

The kids going to Salt Lake City seems kind of pointless since it seems Eleven is going to be done with her training or whatever it is. But I guess they wouldn't know that. Though it does seem like she'd been underground for close to a month from how the two doctors are talking. So, Idk. I guess long story short they're all going to end up back in Hawkins anyways.

I agree, If I wanted to go into detail I could pick it apart, their relationship doesn't seem authentic, and the other kids bullying her seems over the top for the situation, and that's if it would even happen in a situation like that?

I think we are seeing a transition to Max being more and more integral, but they have several characters they could branch off of and have a spinoff. How much farther can they take the Eleven storyline anyway?

Im thinking in the end Eleven gets killed but Max and the others "avenging" her become the next iteration.

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Thanks for reminding me about this season, I’m going to binge watch this tonight! Great show

posted on Jun, 9 2022 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yeah, I can see her dying to fix everything. They're setting it up with the whole nosebleed trope.

top topics

join