It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have Established a Key Biological Difference Between Psychopaths and Normal People

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   
scitechdaily.com...

This article from SciTech Daily is I think an indication that we will start to treat mental fitness for certain activities like firearm ownership and access assessed via technology means of detection. You will in the future need to have a brain scan to own a weapon or be employed a LEO or soldier or security or really any position of authority or control. Politicians will in the end have to take an MRI of their brain in order to qualify to run for office.

I think that ultimately as information like this in the article linked here becomes public knowledge there's going to be pressure for people that have a scan of their brain in order to qualify for certain types of access to services and even certain employment Pathways which will be foreclosed to them if they fail to pass an MRI of their brain.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So we have gone from studying the shape and size of the head to MRI scans to evaluate personalities? What could go wrong?

edit on 6 2 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here I'm going to say it.

I actually don't think there is anything wrong with psychopathic traits. Certain dangerous careers call for lack of fear and little time for the need of comforts, as well as the tendency to stay up into the night etc.

Think about this, who else do you send into a dangerous environment to retrieve something, like a treacherous mine or whatnot. Who cares if someone lacks empathy if they have enough of a clue and know how to control themselves.

We live in a non creative society where nitpicking and sizing one another up in coquettish little battles of wit is the order of the day. And so we just cease to apply people to what they're good for because we cant figure out anything else but preening? If anyone wants to know who would be applicable vs who wouldn't we'd have to dust off our boots and get the ol mental gears turning again and figure it out.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheReaversChain

Considering that most CEOs fall on the psychopathic trait scale in some fashion, I'm inclined to agree that it can't be all bad all the time.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

I would highly doubt that a politician would ever support a measure to out themselves and their coworkers as psychopaths. I could however see them using highly technical neural jargon to scan soldiers/cops and ensure that they're exactly the type of people that will commit violations of laws and morality when asked.

Not saying that they all are now, but I am saying that a tyrannical government would find no issue with ensuring that their troops are "sufficiently patriotic", and then adjusting that definition to fit whatever they're looking for.

Really can't think of a technological advancement that has actually been used to improve the morality of people with power.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I guess this is sound logic when it comes to nuclear war too?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

Yeah👍
edit on 2-6-2022 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
baby
edit on 2-6-2022 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 02:40 PM
link   
ack
edit on 2-6-2022 by TheReaversChain because: .🤷‍♀️,

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Politicians too...

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: machineintelligence
scitechdaily.com...

This article from SciTech Daily is I think an indication that we will start to treat mental fitness for certain activities like firearm ownership and access assessed via technology means of detection. You will in the future need to have a brain scan to own a weapon or be employed a LEO or soldier or security or really any position of authority or control. Politicians will in the end have to take an MRI of their brain in order to qualify to run for office.

I think that ultimately as information like this in the article linked here becomes public knowledge there's going to be pressure for people that have a scan of their brain in order to qualify for certain types of access to services and even certain employment Pathways which will be foreclosed to them if they fail to pass an MRI of their brain.
Well we can than already establish that not a single 'elite' or politician will be required to take this scan as they would fail it.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

I guess when it becomes public knowledge that this technology is available it might just create a situation where candidates would take the test in order to confirm their likely fitness for the job. The rest would just be social pressure initiated. Kind of a techno-cancel culture movement to remove psychos from positions of authority.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I actually don't think there is anything wrong with psychopathic traits.

Really? You don't think there is anything wrong with psychopathic traits? I can think of a few off hand without thinking on the subject very hard at all. Please expand on how exactly you don't think anything is wrong? Please start with my submission in the OP that positions of leadership might be challenged by this technology as it discovers that people that seek power are largely psychopaths.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Read. Read a bible if you want to know about power. It's in there. If you want to know about someone's power, ask "hows ya power hangin?" I guess. I have flip all in regards to the subject. Dont be friggin menial my friend I'm staring off and not bothering. Good God boy🙂......🐙🦑..,-
edit on 3-6-2022 by TheReaversChain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

There was also a study done that shows liberals are tolerant of vile things that make conservatives want to vomit.

www.theatlantic.com...
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

scitechdaily.com...

Id take that a step further and say that when they are able to 100% identify traits like this with verfiable physical facts then you wont need guns for protection so no worries
edit on 3-6-2022 by SeriouslyDeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Fascinating.

I have been following brain scanning for years.

I do think it will become significant in the future.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheReaversChain

I actually don't think there is anything wrong with psychopathic traits. Certain dangerous careers call for lack of fear and little time for the need of comforts, as well as the tendency to stay up into the night etc.

Think about this, who else do you send into a dangerous environment to retrieve something, like a treacherous mine or whatnot. Who cares if someone lacks empathy if they have enough of a clue and know how to control themselves.

We live in a non creative society where nitpicking and sizing one another up in coquettish little battles of wit is the order of the day. And so we just cease to apply people to what they're good for because we cant figure out anything else but preening? If anyone wants to know who would be applicable vs who wouldn't we'd have to dust off our boots and get the ol mental gears turning again and figure it out.

I think that's very practical.

As long as people aren't forced into something because of their brain scan.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeriouslyDeep

scitechdaily.com...

Id take that a step further and say that when they are able to 100% identify traits like this with verfiable physical facts then you wont need guns for protection so no worries

The brain scan is going to stop a bear, wolf, or mountain lion from attacking you? I doubt it would stop that groundhog I saw in my back yard.
edit on 6 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: TheReaversChain

I think that's very practical.

As long as people aren't forced into something because of their brain scan.

You don't believe this will lead up to the eugenics wars as was predicted in Star Trek? They did predict the flip phone (communicator) and smart phone (tricorder). They were a little off, the two items became one.
edit on 6 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join