It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted to Guns

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

What do you expect?

The right to carry and protect yourself from the state of lawlessness engineered by the most powerful and public people in the world , obviously.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

What do you expect?

The right to carry and protect yourself from the state of lawlessness engineered by the most powerful and public people in the world , obviously.

Davos is in Switzerland where gun laws are very relaxed.

So, it is likely that, to defend against potential armed terrorist attackers, you must out-gun them. Which is exactly what you see here.

The POTUS has his Secret Service armed thugs, it is fairly normal for politicians and so on to retain protective services.

edit on 2/6/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The only reason to disarm your civilians is because you fear their reprisals when you take away their freedoms. Like another poster said, they can have them when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Really?

I did not know that. Sounds interesting.

Are the anti-gun politicians also protected by guns?

edit on 2-6-2022 by 19Bones79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Really?

I did not know that. Sounds interesting.

Are the anti-gun politicians also protected by guns?

Even more so, because the ones who hate on them are gun nutz (at least in the backward countries that arm the insane).

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Where you live is it allowed to own a gun or rifle?

If yes, do you own one?

For what purpose do you own a gun or rifle if the answer was yes?

Just some questions I was wondering about.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Do you have any idea how many stars and rockers, elderly, mom's n dad's....have firearms?

Public figures, constant threats for getting you and your $$$$.

Being armed is commonplace. If not....they use bodyguards.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Awhile back, I was on tour w a major rock act. Band, crew, wardrobe, makeup, PR folks....we had about 35 including me.....licensed carriers out of 60 person crew/tour.

*Firearms not allowed on tour: ie have crew and local police security. And I wouldn't go 10 ft without sec at those events....lost w/o carrying...but safer on tour.
edit on 06220630America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jun 2022 09:56:06 -050056202200000006 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Interesting. So in order to keep themselves safe they resort to guns.

Lots of guns because the criminals have guns?

Yes?

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes, I know this very well.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It's a sad state you know. I had a woman march uphill right to my car comin' hell-bent.

Wife n I ...WTF...and I had to palm my gun in my lap. *She stomped right past me inches...

5 seconds and a decision necessary w little time.

Most legal carriers...are relatively committed to safety. But, even we are on edge everywhere.
edit on 06223130America/ChicagoThu, 02 Jun 2022 15:37:31 -050037202200000031 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sander1976

Where you live is it allowed to own a gun or rifle?

If yes, do you own one?

For what purpose do you own a gun or rifle if the answer was yes?

Just some questions I was wondering about.

Where I live, I am allowed to own guns of certain types, and since I live in a rural area, with stock and feral animals to control, I could justify the ownership of a gun, but I don't own one.

A neighbor and friend owns a rifle and if we need one, he is happy to come to our aid. We rarely have had any need. In the decades I have lived here, I have only required him to dispatch some pests once. He understands that we allow him to hunt on our property as well, whenever he requests it, but normally he hunts in 'wilder' areas.

We also take great care of our livestock, and sell them before it becomes necessary to dispatch them (there are also local homekill people who will slaughter and butcher a beast for us, but I have never had need of their services). We run fewer head of stock than surrounding farms and this means they don't suffer from feed shortages, and are of superior health when they do go to market, meaning we get a higher return when it comes to sale.

In my country, no-one except for the police or armed forces, open carries firearms. Possibly, some security services may have open carry permits, but it would be a very rare thing. It is legal to transport firearms safely in public areas (with ammo and firing mechanism separate) but unlicensed ownership of unregistered weapons is now grounds for immediate arrest, mandatory conviction, and confiscation. Also, some types of firearms and accessories are simply illegal.

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Thanks for your answers, much appreciated

posted on Jun, 2 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Interesting. So in order to keep themselves safe they resort to guns.

Lots of guns because the criminals have guns?

Yes?

Yes, a precedent has been created in the interpretation of law that allows criminals and terrorists easy access to firearms.

As has been amply demonstrated, ranged weapons like firearms (and especially automatic ones), can mean that one armed person can pose a threat to very many others. And even the response of having numerous armed guards is barely sufficient to prevent carnage from such an individual, as is demonstrated in numerous active shooter cases.

The best solution is to simply not arm anyone who may potentially become such a shooter, and for those guns already in the hands of malefactors, to have guarding forces, trained, armed, and under constant review of their use and attitude to firearms (ya know, that stuff about being "well regulated", in the bit of the US Constitution that specifically refers to arms).

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Exactly. The war on guns will be just as successful as the war on drugs and the war on terror.

Marvelous plan.

I hope they go after law-abiding citizens first.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

As has been amply demonstrated, ranged weapons like firearms (and especially automatic ones

Why people have such strong opinions on topics they know so little about will be one of the top questions of my lifetime.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Don’t shoot your screen

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

As has been amply demonstrated, ranged weapons like firearms (and especially automatic ones

Why people have such strong opinions on topics they know so little about will be one of the top questions of my lifetime.

How many years did you go to study to gain your pHd in shooting?

edit on 3/6/2022 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 05:17 PM
link   

30 plus years and counting.

No PHD though, but I could justify a Journeymans Card.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

30 plus years and counting.

No PHD though, but I could justify a Journeymans Card.

What, it took you that long?

<< 1   >>

join