It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden SEIZES control over domestic food materials using Korean War-era emergency powers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Did you read the whistle blower complaint? There were serious problems in the plant. You think that any food processing plant can just skirt requirements? I would imagine 5 types of bacteria that can affect production although not currently affecting it is a serious issue.

There are a lot of procedures in place to keep our food safe. You're perfectly fine with this, the rest of it and untested formula being sent out to babies, that's on you. Thank goodness not everyone thinks that way. And thank goodness for the whistleblower. They may have been lucky enough not to kill any babies this time and finally they can get that place operating properly in accordance with safety guidelines before they do end up killing babies.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

I think causing a certain problem now leading to possible loss of life is not the solution to a possible problem down the road.

You make sure there is no current contamination, then you resume operations and come up with a plan to fix the other problems while keeping shelves stocked.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is one way to bypass due process and "Nationalize" strategic industries !!!!!!!☠️

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
Edited as there is new info and the post was incorrect.

Excellent tactic to appear to be honest and forthcoming by correcting an "error".

Now people will automatically think your next 100 statements will be true.🍌

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It was a clever setup and perfectly "reported" with MSM shyness 😎

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why wouldn't I? If new information came to light immediately that I had missed, then you own up to it. Much better than to keep posting the erroneous information.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I commend you on it. I would commend you more if you said with this new information it's clear the government screwed up.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reminds me that I need to go buy more ammo

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Heck yeah, the FDA should have interviewed the whistleblower before December and inspected the plant before February. They need to also end this monopoly and rescind the huge tariff.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh great what's he gonna do poison it.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: ancientlight
What Joe is doing has ZERO to do with why there is a formula shortage. Allegedly, the FDA closed the Abbott mfg facility because there was a bacteria found in the formula and plant that caused a few babies to die and a few others were very sick. The formula was recalled and FDA inspectors told Abbott what they must do to re-open.

This was NOT and is NOT a supply issue if the FDA is to be believed. It's a distraction.

It is unfortunate that the FDA didn't close Moderna and Pfizer because of deaths and serious reactions.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

It actually can though. They found other safety issues and regardless of whether that bacteria killed the babies, they have to have clean swabs with no bacteria that can contaminate the formula before you can safely reopen. I believe they also needed to replace some dilapidated machinery as well.

I work in the industry. It really doesn't take that long to clean and sanitize the equipment. A day or two max.

What's more than likely happened is that the sanitation crew was half assing their job. So, some babies die and get sick and they get shut down, and the company figures they can get a good chunk of money from the government that will either provide for new machinery and equipment or disappear into some pockets.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

My oldest daughter works at a food processing plant that had a recall at the beginning of December. The floor was closed for over 2 months. Hundreds of swabs were taken daily, from all over the production floor, including duct work, the smoke house, machines, actual floor, etc. They could not reopen until the swabs came back clean per the FDA. From anywhere on the production floor. I heard the swab drama daily from her. I still will pass on buying any of their products for now.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

If it took that long then they were slacking majorly. They should have canned the entire sanitation team and those in charge of it, brought in an outside reputable sanitation company and it would have been done and over with a lot sooner than two months.

posted on May, 20 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Scale matters and I wont pretend to know how big a baby formula production system is.

However I will provide 2 anecdotes.

My cousin was in charge of cleaning, changeovers, inspection and sanitation of quite a few operations. Most could be done within a day. Sometimes a few if there was serious contamination.

My own brief experience was the same.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I can't condemn Biden for this one. But I am also worried. Has no one thought of this?

If Biden is having to use Executive power to force materials suppliers to provide materials for more baby formula, does it not follow that there isn't a huge supply of those materials? If there were plenty of the materials, I'm sure they would be for sale to whoever needed them. So that means that the food supply in general is having shortages in the supply chain.

I want to know what materials he had to force manufacturers to sell. This would likely create shortages elsewhere.

I also want to know why suddenly we can't get products to consumers. Something is very wrong on a very basic level. Did something profound happen while we were all panicking over the bad cold?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Or it's just optics.

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

This Man Needs to Be in a Prison Cell , and No Ice Cream for You !

posted on May, 21 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   

" Biden SEIZES control over domestic food materials using Korean War-era emergency powers "

Is this Even Somehow Constitutional ? I Doubt It . Presidents Should Not Have that Kind of Abusive Powers to do Harm to the Nation IMO .
edit on 21-5-2022 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2022 @ 02:10 AM
link   

edit on 5/22/2022 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

<< 1  2    4 >>

join