It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to terms with the possibility, that the world is not what it seems..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Have you ever wondered if your Reality is crafted as a mystery to be solved, rather than an ordeal to endure?

I have struggled in recent years with the apparent fact that the Reality I once knew & was sure of, has progressively crumbled into a quagmire of mystery which blows my mind, whenever I consciously contemplate the implications of what I seem to have discerned, regarding effects that are deeply disturbing, considered in an overall ontological context.

In the past, I was drawn to the mysteries of our Solar System, with bases on the Moon & ancient structures on Mars, the concept that our planet was subjugated by fallen star gods, and the belief that God was in overall control of the various implicit facts of life, as it were. I still believe in God, I trust God, but even though I do, I trust the Reality which is laid bare in front of me far less than before, and have started to see why God emphasises that the world is effectively an enemy to be overcome, because of two particular disturbing conspiratorial concepts which, as noted above, blew my mind & rocked my self-assured notions of what Reality actually was & what the facts of life implied regarding the human condition, and my own personal destiny.

The two conspiratorial 'spanners in the works' were the Mandela Effect, and the Flat Earth mystery.

First up came the Mandela Effect, I guess around 2016-17. When this came into my conscious awareness, with the revelation first regarding the misspelling of the name 'Berenstein Bears', my Reality fractured. As I dug around for more information, I became overwhelmed with the shock that I was personally experiencing a huge number of these apparent Mandela Effects, and this started me on the trail which led into a rabbit hole of Simulation Theory.

Simulation Theory, as well you will know, describes a Reality which is essentially 'coded' into existence, and I remain convinced that it's the only possible explanation for the Mandela Effect - only a computer virus or a programmed algorithm could interact with the substance of Reality in such a way as to significantly, drastically alter the accuracy of certain previously known facts - such as the location of New Zealand, the scenes in certain movies, the logos & emblems of corporations, the lines of Scripture in the King James Bible, etc, without destroying the otherwise resolutely identical history of the world & its events over the past several hundred years at least. The Butterfly Effect would have decimated our known history, if each Mandela Effect represented a change to the timeline which was permitted to have an outcome affecting the events further forward in time. Essentially, the changes are 'airbrushed in' over the top of existing historical events, and do not alter the timeline at all, only the memetic information of the changes made are noticeable to a certain subset of people in contemporary Reality. Simulation Theory, coupled with a computer virus or programmed algorithm affecting the underlying 'code' of Reality, is the only explanation for how the Mandela Effect could have occurred without the Butterfly Effect leading to the destruction of our common shared timeline.

The second major conspiratorial event which pulverised my understanding of Reality was the revelation of the Flat Earth theory. I thought of course that it must be absolute nonsense, when I first heard of it, again, around 2017 I believe. For a long while I just ignored it, thinking it ridiculous to even give credence to the possibility. But then, some comments which were popping up in threads around ATS began to disturb me, as people described their own odyssey of trying to figure out what the heck was going on with Flat Earth theory. After around a year since first hearing of the new movement, I decided to actually look into what these people were saying. I was flabbergasted to discover that a lot of what they were saying made sense in & of itself, in the context of certain strands of evidence. Furthermore, it totally explained certain mysteries which had hugely bothered me for years - NASA fakery of the ISS footage, and the lack of any true photographic evidence of our Earth in its totality, as a globe. A picture snapped from high orbit would have sufficed to resolve the mystery, but as it turned out, there was simply no way for NASA to provide one, allegedly, though the arguments as to why this was the case were weak & silly, a fact which led to my gradual acclimitisation to the fact that I now had a middling belief in the possibility that we live on a Flat Earth plane, not a planet revolving around the Sun in a heliocentric solar system. But again, what on Earth (literally) could explain such a monumental shock to the ontological system? Again, I came back to the Simulation Theory.

Ultimately, I reconciled it by believing that either a) The Earth had never been a globe, and thus that from the very beginning, the scientific models of Earth as a globe were deliberately fraudulent. A fact which would require the input of thousands or millions of people to uphold the deception, to keep the truth from the masses. I deemed that only a vastly powerful secret society run by an uncompromising & ruthless elite could ensure that such secrets were kept hidden. Alternatively, b) The Earth & its population had once been a globe/ people living on a globe in a heliocentric universe full of galaxies & infinite space - but that something drastic had happened around 2017, at the same time the Mandela Effect first arrived, and that a large proportion of the human population had been translated into a Simulated Universe, which happened to be a Flat Earth, under a dome, in the style of cosmology once held to be true by the ancients. The Simulated Flat Earth has artificial Sun & Moon & stars only mere thousands of kilometres above our heads, and only mathematical wizardry & secret orders prevent the secret from getting out.

There is a corollary which troubles me even more deeply - if the current Flat Earth, and attendant Mandela Effect alterations by algorithm or virus are indeed the proofs of a Simulated Reality - are some of the people in here with us, those who occupy positions which would be privy to 'the Truth' (IE astronomers, military-industrial people) - are they in fact also simulated? That would seem to be the most efficient means of ensuring that they will never reveal the secrets of the Simulation... Are they so-called NPC's...? (Non-playing characters?) How do we tell the difference between a NPC & a real human who has been trapped here with us? If, of course, this is all in fact true, and we are living in some sort of Simulation Universe.

I have had a couple of experiences where people I interacted with behaved in a disjointed, unreal manner - sufficient for me to question whether they were indeed sentient beings, they seemed more like dream characters, only capable of certain reactions, not capable of rationalising & engaging with a fully autonomous human such as myself. The more I contemplate this potential for Reality being an actual honest-to-God simulation, the more I wonder if there is some sort of 'final test' awaiting us - Mandela Effect, Simulation Theory, Flat Earth, Mass Formation COVID Psychosis - what's next?

I leave you to mull over the potential ontological consequences, and ready myself to be thoroughly flamed for hesitantly believing in such madness!!

Cheers,

FITO.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Another alternative to the idea of NPC's, is that the fallen angels themselves are playing the role of all those who would be privy to the Truth, and that true to their character, they are happily, willfully deceiving the earthbound human population. Or, perhaps both ideas are true - there are some genuine NPC's who just go along with their coding, and there are also fallen angel impostors, who play the role of certain professionals** who would be privy to the Truth. Either way, a scary possibility.

** Neill de Grasse Tyson, I'm looking at you. And Bill Nye the Pseudoscience Guy.

edit on MayMonday2215CDT09America/Chicago-050049 by FlyInTheOintment because: adding thoughts

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I had such an experience back in Sept-Nov. of 2001. Not to get too specific and derail your thread but essentially I had a Daniel class religious experience. If you have seen the movie Stigmata well.....Patricia Arquette's character has nothing on me. : )

The "souvenir" of my experience makes for an interesting avatar doesn't it? I saw the crazy and the crazy saw me.
edit on 16-5-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
2 books you should read that will blow your mind. Michael Talbots Holographic Universe, and Where did the Towers go by Judy Wood.
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

edit on 16-5-2022 by HODOSKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: HODOSKE

Funnily enough I read Talbot's 'Holographic Universe' a year or so before Simulation Theory became a thing in our collective consciousness, several years before the Mandela Effect/ Flat Earth took off. It could be time for me to re-read it.. 'Shadows of the Mind' by Roger Penrose & Stuart Hameroff is also very good. 'A New Science of Life' by Rupert Sheldrake is less relevant to this thread, but it's a similar category of science writing being absolute gold dust in & of itself, revolutionary stuff.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
I saw the crazy and the crazy saw me.

Yes, we cannot understand anything with credibility until we cross the line.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 11:06 AM
link   
First the religious connotations of reality. For a start forget everything what you've heard about what god said. ALL of that is what man interpreted what god would say. Yes there is good and evil in this world but it's not religious. Strictly whether you like it or not one mans evil is another mans good and visa versa. That boils down to one synopsis and that is mans need to define everything and every action.

I believe we as beings, and by that I mean our soul, our essence, not the religious term of soul, come here, to this reality, to learn and grow. This reality is a "class room" a "school" to experience. We live it, we experience it, we learn (or not) we die then sometimes we're reborn.

Mandela affect?? That's a kooks wet dream. All of it is down to corporate renaming. Example:- Nestles. When I was a child it was called or said Nestles, now they portray it as Neslay. Same thing but other marketing. exactly the same a Birkenstein.

Flat earth, don't be a fool. You can quite easily physically prove it yourself. get on a plane and look out of the window. Yes it looks like a flat Earth but you can see the curvature. Stand on a beach and watch a ship go over the horizon, it aint falling of any edge.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Being a rather advanced Iconoclast I must agree with your False reality theory. I have produced a thread that is along the same lines, but with different components, different names.

I view life as two Matrix's. One for our physical bodies that include the "Spiritual" rider. The other Matrix is for our minds, and our reality within the present. We do, and do not live on a flat earth. Each one of us on a basic level live on a flat earth because physically we can only see so far so our reality is confined to one small area, and it happens to appear flat to us. What our mind allows us to do is connect all the "Me's" around the world, all those little flat earth together, that actually form a sphere. There are deeper secrets as to why people are encouraged to be just the "Me", as to keep us from seeing the other "Me's" who remain out of sight, undetected, by our own little minds.

As to those who reach into our matrix, it comes from both of them. The physical, and mental, for both good, and evil reasons. The symbol of the checkerboard represents this "Game" being played on us. Don't wait for "Initiates" to tell you this, because they don't really know, unless, they are direct players themselves. But they, will never tell.

Most folks can not see these things because they are so involved in just staying alive and have no time to ponder so deeply. Or to see the "Others" who pull the strings, or at least, some of the strings. I live on a Geode...

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Fly.

We are surrounded by rabbit holes. I think Mandala and Flat Earth are just two of them. Of course I could be wrong but decades of mulling over these type issues tells me nah, just mental rabbit holes.

This is no brag, just an observation. I, like some others here, have studied, considered, held and discarded numerous belief systems over the years and at this point have arrived at this as my core stance on the over-arching issue you raise. This is summed up simply by this tender little song by Iris De Mint

Yet even as I say that this is my core stance, this could change depending upon what Mystery has to say about it.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

This book says that souls go through multiple lives to learn with remarkable consistency among the many regressed subjects.
Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives, Fifth Revised Edition
by Michael Newton
The follow on, Destiny of Souls is also worth considering.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Our reality in society is a creation of people. People who want to gain personally by pushing alterations in reality. Some use science to accomplish this, others follow the leaders.

What most people think is real is actually not fully real. Consensus of the time creates the reality we live in. Right now, the consensus of the time is chaos and anarchy in this country, not striving for truthfulness and peace and civility.

How we perceive things is related to the knowledge we hold, and also the beliefs we have created. Bad and good are not so easily defined, because it is relative to our beliefs and society governs our beliefs...not truth and honesty.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Crossing the threshold of the doors of perception is fraught with danger if not armed with the sword of knowledge and shield of fealty. The spirit molecule is a real thing.

But I hesitate to relate my experiences least the hammer of censorship smack me down.

edit on 16-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:29 PM
link   

We hear ya FITO, loud 'n clear.

This place is weird.

Spent decades peeling back the layers, but it's always just another level of weirdness.

Nothing is as it seems, including you and me, our lonely points of consciousness on this vast sea of consciousness, up to every bit of information that we process in our whatever filtering system.

So many of us seem to always want to filter ideas through belief-systems, so as to adapt more into, or away from new belief-systems.
That is still difficult for me to discuss with others, as there seem to very few folks who can contemplate ideas, without needing to believe in it.

So folks are always busy either attacking points, or defending points : and no room left for doubt.

May we ask : why do we need to believe in Flat-Earth-Theory™, or The-Mandellla-Effect™, to study them ?
Considering that question, also sheds some light on why those that don't agree with it, get so wound-up when someone raises doubts on the way that ' Everybody-Knows™ ' how this world works ?

Even just contemplating them, may raise doubts as to held beliefs, and that is scary for many.

In some ways, these belief-systems provide boundaries.
Sometime protecting us from stupid shiz : sometimes preventing us from exploring this vastness.

Am glad to see this thread you laid, as it is nice to see this different level thinking than the norm, even if our belief systems are still heavy in the atmosphere.

You have taken two ideas, whom usually have their own separate threads, and are indicating a common ' thread ' betwixt them, as in their capacity to blow-minds as to the realness of reality.
Am glad you have done this. Thanks.

Wanted to talk about nothingness, but quickly ran out-of things to say... LoL !!!

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: ntech
I saw the crazy and the crazy saw me.

Yes, we cannot understand anything with credibility until we cross the line.

The threshold of crazy is where the fun is,
yet the threshold of sanity is also where some of the bedrock of truth pierces the dirt and snow, and faces the full wrath of the elements, and the unwavering light of the sun.

When we return, we hope we remember that all of these stories : are just stories.

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

... I view life as two Matrix's. One for our physical bodies that include the "Spiritual" rider. The other Matrix is for our minds, and our reality within the present. ...

Perhaps it's a 3-martini+ problem ?
Introducing : Nothin's 3-Martini+ problem !!!

When you walk into the bar : people suck, and life sucks. Their noses buried in the meta world of their phones.
BS world level 3.

After the first martini : they drop their fishhook from their mouths, put their phones in their pockets, and start relating to other folks.
Now they are at BS level 2, talking about jobs, cars, computers, baseball, stuff...

After the second martini : they are sharing deeper stories, of Love-lost, missing Loved-ones, tales of sickness and woe.
That's BS level 1.

After the third martini : they all left to cheat on their spouses, leaving you alone to ponder what just happened, and the oddness of your chance encounters, in a random bar, in a random town, on a random continent, in a random solar-system...
But you're still at BS level-1...

Then you walk out of the bar, and through a big cloud of thick smoke on the sidewalk.
Five minutes later, you emerge on the other side of that cloud, and are bouncing down the sidewalk.

20 minutes later : nothin matters anymore. Ideas of existence, God, reality beyond labels and thingness, nothingness, seamlessly flow in and out of consciousness, and don't stick to anything, because there is nothing to stick-to.

Then you wake-up the next day, only to find-out that they are flooding the world with an idea that there is an invisible pathogen floating around, that wants to get us all, that can kill healthy adults, but it's so clever that ya have to be tested to see if you are a potential grandmother-killer, or not, and that the only way out of it is to believe all of the most accomplished liars, enrich the corps, give more powers to centralized unelected organizations, and participate in a world-wide medical experiment, with no safety protocols.

And the world sucks again...

But don't worry : it's only just another BS story, on this rollercoaster, and good ole Nothin has shown us another way... LoL !!

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Cripes don't even consider flat earth... its not a conspiracy its pure stupidity and ignorance

IF you're looking into what they say and start believing it... look again at what the rest of the world might be saying...

These people are blatant liars and morons.... Not understanding something isn't evidence of anything

A good portion of them are only pushing this crap because they're making money off of stupid people gullible enough to believe

IF you're diving that deep into conspiracies where you start to believe their garbage... its time to take a break from conspiracies all together

edit on 16-5-2022 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Flat Earth Theory is garbage, That comes from someone who's been around the world, had to calculate trajectories past the horizon, and from someone who doesn't trust NASA.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Crossing the threshold of the doors of perception is fraught with danger if not armed with the sword of knowledge and shield of fealty.

And yet those kind of personal weapons and defence mechanisms can only be understood when one headbuts those doors to win them.

Ironic eh?

Fear makes most people headbutt the sand instead.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Frealin' CERN. It's their fault.

Firing up the LHC caused Clownworld to overlap our own reality.

posted on May, 17 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting answers folks, thank you all for contributing. I would say that when it comes to interpreting the Reality before me, all I can maintain is healthy skepticism of anyone & anything which tells me on 'good authority' that a certain thing is one way, when my every molecule & atom has perceived it another way. On most things I'm perfectly happy to defer to authority - geologists can tell me that a certain stone is an emerald, I will generally believe them (assuming the stone is green & not red...) On Wikipedia, most information is good, at a surface level of analysis. But if you start investigating alternative theories of just about any established field of science or sociology, you will find zip-diddly at Wikipedia. The internet is now being censored so heavily in terms of alternative viewpoints, that we can only presume there is a hidden hand coordinating that censorship, across the social media giants, Wikipedia, the BBC, those two-bit 'fact checkers' that keep popping up - & elsewhere. My life is lived on the edge of knowledge - I'm interested in the mysteries, I can't help it. I will keep looking into the looking-glass for as long as I live, there is no way for me to be anything other than an alternative, libertarian thinker, it's been hard-boiled into me now.

Anyway, moving on - there's an interesting little tangent which I thought I'd add, since I recalled the premise after writing this thread, after taking delivery at home of a new ring, which is silver with a lab-grown emerald in it (quite a chunky one at that) - basically, it's a signet ring for men. I ordered it after having spent a few days online loooking for an onyx signet ring, which in the end I could not find. So I came across this silver/emerald one, and the price was extremely reasonable (like, ridiculously cheap for what it is). I purchased it, it arrived yesterday, it fits well & looks awesome. I said to myself that it would, to me, represent God's presence & purpose in my life - every time I notice it, that's what I'll remember.

But then, after it arrived, I remembered something bizarre, and shocking.. Around three years ago, I had a dream, it was around the time I was quite deep into researching the Mandela Effect, and in this dream I was given a silver & emerald signet ring, before 'someone' (an invisible, authoritative presence) spoke to me clearly, and said:

"It is impossible to fully understand the system, while you are living within the system"

If that doesn't strike the synchronicity bell good & proper, I don't know what would.

I had totally forgotten about that dream, and don't forget I had been in the market for an onyx signet ring, not an emerald signet ring. I only bought the emerald one because it suddenly popped up in the feed on Amazon, it was ridiculously cheap for the quality on offer, it was available in my specific size (which is rarely available as it's quite large), and I wanted a ring ASAP so I could cover over the patch of skin where another ring had left a mark previously. And it arrived after I started this thread. Incredible.

I'm now very much keeping an open mind, trusting that God knows what He is doing with regards to my life & destiny as an individual human being, living within an apparently malleable 'system'.

Godspeed ATS.

FITO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join