It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finland's entry into NATO will return it to the state of war in 1944

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

Finland and Sweden are going to join NATO. Unless, of course, there are no voices against it in NATO itself. But already 3 countries have declared their categorical "Against" - Turkey, Croatia and Hungary. "Democratic" arm-twisting, threats and coercion by force of these countries to a "democratic" solution to the problem began.

Sweden is of little interest to Russia, soon it will be necessary to negotiate not with the Swedes, but with the Muslims, which have become the titular nation in this country. But Russia has developed mutually beneficial long-term relations with Finland, due to its neutral status under the Paris Treaty of February 10, 1947, and the length of the common border with Finland is 1324 kilometers. In addition, it must be remembered that the very statehood of Finland was presented in 1809 by the Russian Emperor Alexander 1, and confirmed by Soviet Russia in 1918. Before that, Finland did not exist, and the Finns themselves were under the occupation of Sweden as second-class people.

On April 15, 2022, the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova, answering a media question, spoke about the national security of Sweden and Finland and the consequences for them if they join NATO:

“NATO membership is not capable of strengthening their national security. They will automatically find themselves on the NATO front line. Moreover, membership in NATO implies, in fact, the renunciation of part of the sovereignty in the development of decisions in the field of defense, and in foreign policy as well.”

Maria Zakharova noted that in recent years, a "targeted campaign of external forces to involve" their North Atlantic bloc has been carried out in relation to Sweden and Finland. In addition, as the official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry put it, the authorities of Sweden and Finland "should also understand the consequences of such a step for our bilateral relations and the European security architecture in general, which is now in a state of crisis."

And the consequences for Finland can be dire. Its intention to join NATO is legally null and void, Helsinki has no right to this action. The Paris Peace Treaty with Finland of February 10, 1947 is still in force. Let me remind you that in World War II Finland was the closest ally of Nazi Germany, fought against the USSR, the Finnish armed forces took part in the blockade of Leningrad, and together with the Finnish civilian occupation authorities committed war crimes on Soviet territory.

The Paris Peace Treaty of 1947 placed a number of restrictions on Finland. I will quote an excerpt from Article 13 of the treaty: "The maintenance of land, sea and air armaments and fortifications will be strictly limited so as to meet the tasks of an internal nature and local defense of the borders." This means that Finland not only has no right to join NATO, but also no right to interact with NATO outside its borders.

Article 22 of the 1947 Paris Peace Treaty states that it can only be changed by agreement between the UN Security Council and Finland. And Russia, as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, will never give its consent to this. I believe that China will take the same position.

I would like to draw your attention to the fact that Helsinki's attempts to unilaterally change the Paris Peace Treaty of 1947 or cancel it are not only legally null and void, but also plunge this country into a legal state that precedes the conclusion of this peace treaty.

The legal status preceding the conclusion of the Paris Peace Treaty of 1947 means the return of Finland to September 19, 1944, the date of the conclusion of the Armistice Agreement between the USSR and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, on the one hand, and Finland, on the other.

Legally, this also means the return of Finland to a state of war with Russia (the successor to the USSR), as well as Britain. For to end the state of war, the Paris Peace Treaty with Finland of February 10, 1947 was concluded.

In simple terms, Finland's accession to NATO would legally mean that NATO would officially enter a state of war with Russia and Britain. In my opinion - suicidal insanity for NATO.

Someone really wants to draw at least Europe into a war with Russia, and by definition it can very easily turn into a nuclear one. It is not possible to do this with Ukraine, they are trying to do it with the help of Finland. But in this case, no one will be able to sit out behind the Strait and the ocean.

Thank you.

+13 more 
posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Russia canny tell other nations who they can and cannot play with.

Simple as that really.

And good luck with that new border with NATO nations twice the size once Finland and Sweden join.

Putin's made your bed, which you are going to have to lie in for the foreseeable.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   

The Paris Peace Treaty with Finland of February 10, 1947 is still in force.

Beginner's mistake. Finland actually renounced the treaty 30 years ago when the Soviet Union collapsed. Except for nuclear weapons I guess, I think those are still illegal for Finland to have.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Press statements and answers to journalists’ questions following Russian-Finnish talks

July 1, 2016 19:30

Question (English translation by presidentti.fi):

A question to President Putin. It seems to us here in Finland that it is Russia that is pushing Finland toward NATO. At any rate, here the prevailing attitude was against NATO but now this issue is being discussed seriously enough. Why is Russia behaving like this? Perhaps you have some specific proposals on enhancing the security of Finns? This question is for President Putin.

And a question for President Niinistö. Finland and the United Kingdom, and Finland and the United States, are currently signing some kind of defence cooperation agreement; could you tell us a little more about the contents of the agreement?

Vladimir Putin:

We don’t quite understand what could have caused the concern of Finnish citizens. I’ve already said that we made a decision and carried it out by withdrawing all our armed forces to the depth of 1,500 km from the Finnish borders. Despite all the tensions in the Baltic Sea region or other parts of the world, we have done nothing that could have prompted the Finns to worry. Incidentally, we are doing this in recognition of Finland’s neutral status. Imagine if Finland joins NATO. In this case the Finnish troops will cease to be fully independent or sovereign. They will become part of NATO’s military infrastructure, which will emerge overnight on the borders of the Russian Federation.

Do you think we are going to continue acting like that: since we have withdrawn our troops to a depth of 1,500, they will stay there? But in any event we’ll respect whatever choice the Finnish people make. It is up to them how to guard their independence and ensure their security. We cherish and respect Finland’s neutral status but this issue is not up to us. Paraphrasing a statement by one of my Finnish friends, I could say that NATO would probably be happy to fight Russia to the last Finnish soldier. Is this what you need? We don’t, we don’t want this but you decide for yourselves what you need.

en.kremlin.ru/events/president/tran.52312

(Forum abbreviates in site address "t_r_a_n_s_c_r_i_p_t_s/" to "tran.")

You can also open the link through this address - en.kremlin.ru...

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That is, you refuse to sign your country under the defining international treaty?
This, at least, is stupid and imprudent, since no country with Britain will no longer conclude a single treaty. The confidence of the international community in Britain is almost at zero. Well, soon Britain will become a real country - an outcast.

+11 more 
posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Russia pretty much is saying if nobody does what I want, I'll nuke everything.

like a petulant spoiled little brat.

It sounds like North Korea sounds, paranoid and unhinged

Has a NATO country ever attacked Russia?

edit on 13-5-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

NATO is now waging war against Russia on the territory of Ukraine. This is a fact, the captured officers and generals of NATO countries confirm this. the operational leadership of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is completely subordinate to the officers of the NATO countries located at the headquarters.
Has Russia attacked NATO countries? Or are Russian officers in Germany, France or Britain, like NATO officers in a foreign country? NATO began its occupation of Ukraine in 2014.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

I think we may rate somewhat above the crap hole that Russia amounts to these days given your piss poor performance in Ukraine never mind the fact that you have a GDP comparable if somewhat less than Spain.

We are an island nation son, and always been an outcast, an outcast that held sway over 2/3rds of the planet at one time all the same.

What's Russia's claim to fame again bar mass genocide against her own people and neighbours?

Your country is all back of the bus RussianTroll and sitting there for the foreseeable.

And all down to the antics of one man no less whose wet dream will never come to fruition.

What a predicament.

edit on 13-5-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Finland renounced sections of the Paris Peace Treaty in 1990 when the Soviet Union fell. Which, international law states, they have the right to review any treaties they've made when a state falls and a successor state rises.

Even if that wasn't the case, Finland has been in violation of the treaty for a long time. For example, the treaty states that Finland cannot operate any civil aircraft with German manufactured parts. That's definitely been violated. Article 17 also prohibits Finland from having missiles but they employed AA missiles since the 60s. There are also sections which prohibit Finland from possessing torpedo boats. Guess what their Hamina-class missile boats have on board?

That said, the Paris Peace Treaty actually prohibit Finland from joining defensive pacts. If it did, that would have been violated in 1995 when they joined the EU. The only thing NATO requires from their member states is that they spend 2% of their GDP on defense (which isn't even enforced). The Paris Peace Treaty places no limits on how much Finland can spend on their military. It only limits the size and composition.

So I don't see anything in the Paris Peace Treaty that would prevent Finland from joining NATO. Even if there was, Finland has violated the treaty many times over the years.

That said, with how badly this are going in Ukraine, do you really think Russia stands any chance against Finland? Do I need to remind you how poorly the Winter War went for you?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:55 AM
link   

I read your comment and immediately thought that some racist and chauvinist wrote. And then I looked - you wrote it.
Thank you for your frankness. Only now I don’t know what kind of real you are - a real person who values the rights of all people and honors his ancestors who fought against Nazism, or a Nazi, a chauvinist and a racist.? You have given me a difficult task.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"Someone really wants to draw at least Europe into a war with Russia"

Do you mean Russia? Because they started actual war. Your post is a joke when you completely side step that Russia is the biggest aggressor to starting a war with NATO.

Hard to take you seriously as your posts lean more and more into Russian propaganda.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   

NATO is now waging war against Russia on the territory of Ukraine.

So go back home and you may live to fight another day.

Else remain where you are in the wrong postcode and Ukraine will keep slaughtering your forces with our superior technology and toys made readily available and at their disposal.

Coz that's your choice at the end of the day.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:59 AM
link   
So basically what you're saying is that Putin is such a egomaniac that he will start a world war because he can't force other countries to do what he wants.

He has already threatened the use of nuclear weapons so is it any wonder other nations are banding together ?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I'm just a person that don't wish to see world war 3 take place.

Just a person that recognizes Ukraine as a free nation who should be able to decide her own fate as opposed to what Putin wants to see take place.

It's not our values that are compromised, because we have not invaded any of our peaceful neighbours under the guise and false pretense of hunting the nazi.

I'm just me RussianTroll, i can say as i please without fear of 15 years in gaol.

If only you could claim the same.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:05 AM
link   
staff edit
edit on Fri May 13 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Russia has done more to advance NATO than any other entity on the planet. By invading a sovereign nation, they (Russia) prompted border nations to seek protection since he could very well do the same to them.

If this wasn't the desired outcome, some planning mistakes of epic proportions were made.

there should be a sticker of Putin pointing to NATO that says, "I did this".

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: putnam6

NATO is now waging war against Russia on the territory of Ukraine. This is a fact, the captured officers and generals of NATO countries confirm this. the operational leadership of the Armed Forces of Ukraine is completely subordinate to the officers of the NATO countries located at the headquarters.
Has Russia attacked NATO countries? Or are Russian officers in Germany, France or Britain, like NATO officers in a foreign country? NATO began its occupation of Ukraine in 2014.

Can you show any proof that Ukraine used military force against Russia first?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

NATO is now waging war against Russia on the territory of Ukraine.

So go back home and you may live to fight another day.

Else remain where you are in the wrong postcode and Ukraine will keep slaughtering your forces with our superior technology and toys made readily available and at their disposal.

Coz that's your choice at the end of the day.

So far, dozens of NATO officers and generals are in captivity on foreign soil in a foreign state and dream of returning home.
Return home, Putin told you about this, but you still do not listen to him.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What Russia should do now is use their incredible army and invade Finland. With their current track record they will be able to conquer the Finns in 2167. Maybe.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Your desires and your freedoms exist exactly until the moment when they do not contradict the desires and freedoms of other people.
Russia attacked Great Britain? Now Britain has attacked Russia and Ukraine, the Russian people. And now the British are dying on Russian soil, not Russians on British soil.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join