It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help me with meditation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I live in a house with about four other people and the only time I can try to meditate is late at night when everyone is asleep. I've tried meditation while sitting in the usually postion (sitting crosslegged) and found that in no way can I achieve a relaxed state. So I now lay down on my bed when I want to 'attempt' to even relax. I end up draining all the feeling from my muscles that don't need to move, such as fingers and toes. The only promblem is my mind continues to be coincious during this preventing me from emptying my mind. Does anyone one have any suggestions to help me out?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
hmm ever tried the opposite? instead of trying to kill all the sound focus on it till you lose yourself into it?

as for relaxing ways of sitting...cross legged is most known. but in the end it comes down to sitting in a way that relaxes you. or laying down in your case

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Concentrate on your breathing, and breath slowly. Focus on it, and if other thoughts enter your mind, try to realize that you're breathing. One good way to do this is to visualize yourself exhaling all the bad energy (I like to picture this as a muddied gas cloud), and inhaling good energy. Do this for as long as it takes for you to be able really concentrate on nothing more than the breathing, then switch to the relaxation. Do the relaxation slowly, concentrating on one body part at a time. I like to start out at my feet, and move up my body. Once you've done that, just let your mind drift. At that point, it will not matter.

The most important aspect is to take your time. When you begin focusing, the noise in your head will die down, and the calmness will overtake.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

the post I posted in the above link near the page bottom has a great meditation technique.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I use to mediate, then I became possessed, started losing control of my mind, thought I was god, don’t do it, take up tennis, or painting. Reject evil thoughts, at all times, as they will corrupt your mind.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
take a walk in the woods ,smoke a doober ,sit under a tree the rest is obvious.(enjoy)

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption
I live in a house with about four other people and the only time I can try to meditate is late at night when everyone is asleep. I've tried meditation while sitting in the usually postion (sitting crosslegged) and found that in no way can I achieve a relaxed state. So I now lay down on my bed when I want to 'attempt' to even relax. I end up draining all the feeling from my muscles that don't need to move, such as fingers and toes. The only promblem is my mind continues to be coincious during this preventing me from emptying my mind. Does anyone one have any suggestions to help me out?

Don't concern yourself with the necessity of quietness... meditate on a construction site even. The idea is obtaining one-pointedness of mind... so pick a spot and continue to look at it with half closed eyes, You DO NOT need to be in a quiet or dark spot and you don't need to close your eyes. After you "zone" out staring at whatever it is you've chosen to, you'll begin to notice yourself.. your thoughts and physical functions... From there don't force your mind but kind of coax it into thinking of one thing, some people pick breathing, some people pick their heart-rate, you can really pick anything, even imaginary things, like thought projection, you could project a light to concentrate on, and watch as it grows, or if you're looking at the ceiling or wall, sometimes it's easy to manipulate something that's already there, you can turn walls or the ceiling into sand and watch it blow, but the idea is to concentrate on something in particular, the buddha meditating looking at his famed tree, because it provided him shelter so the buddha ocncentrated on the tree and never removed his eyes. Let everything flow through your senses without being catagorized. All is one.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
It takes a LOT of practice to get good at meditation. I have a lot of sound issues too, as I live in the city next to 5 bars... It's kind of hard to get any quiet. One method that works for me is to picture myself standing across the room from where I am laying (sitting doesn't work for me either) and then from that spot, look at myself lying on the bed. It takes a lot of concentration, but is very calming and a great exercise for your mind. Hope that helps!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
*deep breath* the answer is in your third eye

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks a lot everyone. I tried some of the above mentioned techniques (not using any drug refrence mind you) and last night I actually achieved complete calm for a few minutes. Thank you all!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
dont follw the guru, you are the guru!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I tried meditating but keep falling asleep.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
maybe you need some sleep man .. have you shut down the computer lately?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I get 8 hours of sleep and on the weekends about ten hours asleep. So I get plenty.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OK I figured out recently how to REALLY meditate. What I was doing before was just sitting and trying to be still.

I lay down on my bed on my back and then start with my root chakra. Your kundalini starts here. You just have to close ur eyes and imagine it increasing in energy. YOu will feel a tingling when you are doing it right. Once you feel that your root chakra is filled up pretty good you move on to the next one. Release the energy from your root chakra into the next one, where it will be converted to a higher frequency. You do this on each one till ur at ur crown chakra and you will feel so alive and powerful its awesome.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
JoePits--

It sounds like something that will work if you 1) are schizoid, 2) have eaten a plateful of shrooms for lunch, and 3) gulped a couple of 'cids to top it off. Otherwise bear in mind that the no-mind no-thinks no-thoughts about no-things.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccghs
I tried meditating but keep falling asleep.

It's okay if you fall asleep, just keep practicing. There are many different types of meditation. I always meditate with the intent of falling asleep right afterwards, although I usually jolt myself awake as soon as the sleep hits me... lol

top topics

join