It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA and Britain: friends or sworn enemies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
I think the days of believing Russians or Russian propaganda of any event are long gone lol! “We’re not going to invade Ukraine” “we didn’t poison Litvinenko” “we didn’t poison the Skripals” “we didn’t poison Navalny” “we didn’t poison Vladimir Kara-Murza” “we didn’t poison Georgi Markov” “we didn’t poison Victor Yushenko” need i go on? If anyone takes Russian Troll seriously you need to give your head a shake!

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Like all families we squabble some times.

But they are young.....like the prodigal son they'll return to the family fold soon.

You're getting desperate now RT.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: CriticalStinker

As I understand it, in order to become the "best ally" it is necessary to subject a couple of large cities of the future "ally" to nuclear bombing?)))

If that's the depth or your understanding of the Japan/American ally relationship, then perhaps the topic is out of your depth?

if you want to leave history behind for a second and live in the moment by swimming in deeper waters of understanding. If not basically nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki has zero impact on who the US besties are at the moment. FWIW Japan is so much more attractive than the UK, the main one being on China's front porch.

www.hudson.org...

New initiatives to enhance supply chain resilience and international development cooperation to compete with China on 5G and hydrogen power are also expected to be announced.

What do these developments indicate? Three-quarters of a century after the end of World War II, a democratic Japan, anchored firmly in the U.S.-Japan alliance and in the principles of the free and open Indo-Pacific, is ready to come into its own as a global power.

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Is it really Russian military personnel and special forces who are in Wales?
But the British are on Russian soil and are killing Russian civilians.

I think that you need to put down the Vodka bottle and sleep it off.

I mean, really?

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Like all families we squabble some times.

But they are young.....like the prodigal son they'll return to the family fold soon.

You're getting desperate now RT.

Seriously, RT no matter how dysfunctional the UK/US relationship is, the UK is still a powerful and influential ally. Especially with Brexit and them not being tied to the EU completely. History and demographics will keep the UK and US entrenched as allies, for the foreseeable future

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I don't have to look in the mirror to see the Nazis. It is enough for me to remember the 27 million killed Russian people, including my two grandfathers, who fought against Nazism.

How about the 40 to 60 million Russians killed by Russians...lol geez You sure Stalin didn't get your grand pops?

Why do you think the Ukrainians hate Russia so much? Maybe it was the 40% of the population killed or sent to concentration camps over a 30 year period. Its hard to beat the Nazis out as who can kill and destroy more, but I really think Russia wins that competition.

edit on 12-5-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What is russia's beef with the UK lately, why does russia keep making up absurd stuff about the British?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

I think it's because we're rallying Europe to fight Nazis again ,given our history of fighting Nazis Russia see it as a threat.

I see RT's jibes as both a complement and a sign of their fear.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:07 AM
link   
staff edit
edit on Fri May 13 2022 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Russian delusions at their finest.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: PatriotGames4u

What is russia's beef with the UK lately, why does russia keep making up absurd stuff about the British?

We've actively laundered hundreds of billions for the Kremlin, Russian oligarchs and Russian Mafia for decades until recent months (at least on the surface so far) with new economic crime laws.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I'm still a bit hazy on how exactly Britain is fighting the USA in Ukraine, or because of Ukraine, or whatever.

Having said that - yes, the UK got fleeced at the end of WW2, and that's putting it lightly. All sorts of secret deals were done, and as the Cold War got underway, Britain was essentially sidelined in the 'Great Game'.

Did you know that the entire 'Soviet Desk' of the nascent CIA after WW2 was composed of 100% 'former' Nazi spies & spymasters? General Reinhart Gehlen agreed to use his extensive Nazi spy network in Eastern Europe entirely in the service of the USA, as long as he could be permitted to be in direct control of said network. What ended up happening, when you incorporate Operation Paperclip & similar dubious measures, was that the USA was infiltrated by a stack of Nazis, whose descendents are now in charge of the lunatic democrats, and have been for a very long time.

Britain was in fact the only nation in the aftermath of WW2 who managed to penetrate & eavesdrop on the Nazi extraterritorial state which continued in exile primarily in Argentina, but also had extensive networks throughout Latin America, including Paraguay, Bolivia, Chile & Brazil. Britain, through this awareness, was able to discern in the mid-fifties that the Nazi Reichsleiter (Nazi party leader) Martin Bormann, was still alive & resident south of the town of Bariloche, in Argentina, and what's more, they knew that Hitler had survived the war also, escaping with Bormann or via Bormann's ratlines to Argentina, possibly on a freighter disguised as a Jesuit priest (which was how Bormann apparently got there, travelling from Italy).

So it's a lot more complex than you might think, and yes absolutely, Ukraine is currently overrun with Nazi elements, but in truth the entire Western world is enmeshed with the corporate descendents of the Nazi escapees who fled to South America after the war. But Britain went up against Argentina (& therefore, yet again against the Nazis who were rendering aid to Argentine military & intelligence forces at that time) during the Falklands conflict. My personal opinion is that we fought so damn hard over the Falklands because those islands afforded us a prime 'listening post' & staging area to keep a close eye on what the Nazis in exile were up to. So what's Britain's role now in Ukraine? I think we're tacitly compliant with NATO, but we're probably not fighting too hard for the USA-supported network of Nazis running the show in Ukraine, and we might even be sabotaging the whole thing, allowing Russia to get its game on, acknowledging that the Russia of today is rather different from the Soviet bloc of yesteryear. The Russian Federation is far more Christianised than ever before, and I think as Anglicans we recognise that drive to overcome the spiritual depravity which reigned over the USSR in times past.

Who knows? Certainly not us - it's all guesswork. "What a tangled web we weave"

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Russia absolutely annihilates the Nazi regime in terms of numbers killed & exiled to gulags. I heard a number of around 100,000,000 killed over the course of time in which the USSR was in power. The Nazis were timid compared to Trotsky, Lenin & Stalin.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment

Russia absolutely annihilates the Nazi regime in terms of numbers killed & exiled to gulags. I heard a number of around 100,000,000 killed over the course of time in which the USSR was in power. The Nazis were timid compared to Trotsky, Lenin & Stalin.

Stalin had his troops go into villages and randomly shoot men to keep the fear alive, and it wasn't just 3 back to back psycho leaders. They did things like camp 1000 troops near a radiated lake to see how long they could work and fight before the radiation took them down. Life has always been very cheap in Russia.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join