It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Will Be The Next Pope?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If you have any information or guess as to who the next Pope will be please post it here. Here is a very interesting article you may or may not have already read.

--------------------------------------

"A leading conservative candidate to succeed Pope John Paul II has warned that the Antichrist foreseen in the Book of Revelations is already among us.

As the Pope becomes frailer, questions about the succession are more pressing

Cardinal Giacomo Biffi, 71, said that the modern Antichrist, identified in the Book of Revelation as a seven-headed beast, was most likely now disguised as a philanthropist supporting creeds like vegetarianism, animal rights or pacifism, or advocating dialogue with Orthodox or Anglican believers.
But his true aim was to undermine the Catholic church, the Cardinal argued.

Papal contender

As Archbishop of Bologna, one of Italy's most populous and richest dioceses, Cardinal Biffi is a clear contender for the papacy, given that his fellow cardinals may well decide to select an Italian as successor to the present Pope, who is now 79, when he dies."

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
On a related note, the original Malachy prophecy indicated 111 Popes not 112. It's believed the Catholic Church or in some form it was altered to show a prolonged and prosperous Catholic Church.

Now if this Bishop listed above believes the Antichrist exists now and is a philanthropist, that would indicate he/she is an adult in power.

Interesting, given who gets updated on that type of antichrist stuff more than the possible next Pope? You could almost assume, if the antichrist existed, this man knows who he is.

Saying the Antichrist in on earth now and being in charge of a major branch of the church at such a high level is a pretty serious claim. Too bad he didn't name someone.

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Please post who you feel the next pope will be. To help you out, here is a link:

You can find names and what they believe in with quotes, on the website and also what part of the world their from and what their position is.

www.cardinalrating.com...

I think it's going to be between Peter-Hans Kolvenbach and Giacomo Cardinal Biffi.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:12 AM
link   
"Biffi"

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Sunofone]

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I have high hopes that it will be Cardinal Arinze.

He is a very nice black man from Africa. He's a convert -
from one of the pagan religions I believe. He has lot's
of common sense and he isn't from Europe. The Vatican
has been too euro-centric.

The day my daughter became an American citizen we met him.
He held her and blessed her. I got to listen to him while he
taped a TV interview in Alabama. LOTs of COMMON SENSE!!

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Biffi is a cool Pope name.

I can see the news headlines now....

Pope Biffi is Jiffy

Biffi Beats Boring Bishops

Biffinator

---------------------------------

And think of the marketing ideas and Vatican product line!

Biffi Chips

Biffi Malt Liquor (Some Catholics Drink)

Biffi's Pool & Billiards

---------------------------------------

Seriously I like the guy. He thinks the Antichrist is on earth right now and probably knows who he is. Currently he's just a cardinal, but imagine if as Pope he declares someone like Bill Gates the Antichrist!

Could you imagine that press meeting.

Assistant..."Pope Biffi today is going to announce who the Antichrist is..."

Pope Biffi...."The AntiChrist is among us. He is a philanthropist. His name is..."

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
According to Texe Marrs and my own re-search in order of probability

Jean-Marie Lustigere
Born 1926, in Poland, a Jew,Aaron Lustiger, Cardinal of Paris, France.
www.catholicpressphoto.com...
Chief confidont to the late John Paul II. Converted to catholisism at age 14. Lost mother to the nazi's at aushwitz. Believed to be the one to exhault the Jews and make Jerusalem the new Rome. Will call Jesus a great Rabbi. Known as a "liberal" and in in light of the "troubled" catholic chruch, will help to ordain women as priests and cardinals. This last statement, I find interesting, cause right now I am watching CNN and MSNBC talking about having a liberalistic pope to help ordain women as priests.

Cardinal Francis Arinze
President of the pontifical counsel for inter-religious dialoug, born 1932, Nigeria, Africa. Says, people will go to heaven even though they don't believe that Jesus is the way. "the former bishop of Onitsha, Nigeria, added that people who do not know Christ are nevertheless included in God's plan of salvation"
www.jcu.edu...
And, he calls people that believe that Christ is the only way, "extremists"

Carlo Maria Martini
Cardinal, Milan Italy
Jesuit priest, but will have to come out of retirement to be pope. Enemy of opus dei

Carlo Bibbi
Cardinal, anti-feminist

[edit on 3-4-2005 by notmindcontrolled]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A african pope would be very interesting.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I thought I heard long time ago that there would be no more Pope after this one? Could it be possible that there would be no next Pope??

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't know if it's going to be another Italian (there are more Italian Cardinals than from any other country), but my guess would be, if it's not an Italian, it will be one of four dudes: Francis Cardinal Arinze of Nigeria, who would be the first black Pope in modern times; Godfried Cardinal Daneels of Belgium; Claudio Cardinal Hummes of Brazil; and maybe Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger of Germany.

I do not think the Catholic Church would consider a Pope from the one superpower in the world; ther would be simply too much political fallout. Also, the American Catholics aare not nearly as close to the Church's teaching as the mean of the other nations' Catholics.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space." [Rev 17:10]

The 7th head (John Paul) fell on Saturday night after a short period of 2 popes. The next "pope" is to be the 666 beast, possibly Satan pretending to be Jesus Christ.

The only criteria to fulfil the following theory, is that the next, whatever person, introduces a new name that has never been used before in the papal history:
666beast.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherwise
"And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space." [Rev 17:10]

The 7th head (John Paul) fell on Saturday night after a short period of 2 popes. The next "pope" is to be the 666 beast, possibly Satan pretending to be Jesus Christ.

The only criteria to fulfil the following theory, is that the next, whatever person, introduces a new name that has never been used before in the papal history:
666beast.net...

This is pretty scary.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
what is going on, i can't see any posts and it is confirming if i have contributed to ATSNN!?!?!

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by notmindcontrolled
Jean-Marie Lustigere
Born 1926, in Poland, a Jew,Aaron Lustiger, Cardinal of Paris, France.
www.catholicpressphoto.com...
Chief confidont to the late John Paul II. Converted to catholisism at age 14. Lost mother to the nazi's at aushwitz. Believed to be the one to exhault the Jews and make Jerusalem the new Rome. Will call Jesus a great Rabbi. Known as a "liberal" and in in light of the "troubled" catholic chruch, will help to ordain women as priests and cardinals. This last statement, I find interesting, cause right now I am watching CNN and MSNBC talking about having a liberalistic pope to help ordain women as priests.

my guess too

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The only criteria to fulfil the following theory, is that the next, whatever

person, introduces a new name that has never been used before in the papal history:
666beast.net...

That would be bizarre. As crazy as that sounds, I'm sure if Satan took the spot, I think people in general would notice. What would be really crazy is if it was a celebrity who steps up and is pope. Someone rich and famous on earth. Which you'd figure if Satan is around, he would have wanted abundance and would be rich on earth.

Also, you'd figure he would run the Church much more agressively. Speaking often, giving things away to lure people, performing open miracles in the name of God.

I don't know if the name is that much of an indicator.

===================

Three of the most bizarre things to happen...

If George Bush is declared pope
If Bill Gates is declared pope
If Maitreya is declared pope

[edit on 3-4-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

666beast.net...

I dont know where you got the idea taht JP2 is the seveth king

More than any other passage in the book of Revelation, the interpretation of the seven horns as seven kings has fostered the notion that John saw the beast as a kind of reincarnation of the emperor Nero, whose brief but gruesome persecution of Christians in the year 64 was vivid in Christian memory. The passage has also figured prominently in efforts to date the book. Identifying the sixth king who now is (v. 10) would supply an approximate date of composition for the book of Revelation. Unfortunately that identification is not possible. No one knows with what emperor the series of seven begins, nor how to count the three emperors (Galba, Otho, Vitellius) who all reigned in 68-69.

It is true that from the late first century on the popular Nero Redivivus superstition held that Nero would return after his death to take power again. In identifying one of the beast's heads as an eighth king who nevertheless belongs to the seven (v. 11), the angel probably alludes to that superstition, not to endorse it as true, but to make the point that the only figure from remembered history to whom the beast might be compared in its cruelty to the people of God was the ill-fated Nero. The point is not that the eighth king is actually Nero Redivivus, but that he is like Nero in his character and destiny.

The possible allusion to Nero has cast a shadow on many commentators' interpretation of chapter 13, whether in the reference to one of the beast's heads that "seemed to have had a fatal wound, but its fatal wound had been healed" (13:3) or in the much discussed number "666" (13:18). Yet it is important to keep in mind that the angel is explaining 17:1-6, not chapter 13. Despite the fact that the two visions have one major character in common, the beast, they should not be confused. It cannot be assumed that the Nero Redivivus legend is the key to the interpretation of the beast's wounded head in chapter 13. Remember, the beast is introduced in chapter 17 as if for the first time. Its previous escapades in chapters 11 and 13 seem to have been forgotten. At most, it is possible that the mysterious 666 at the end of chapter 13 was intended in some way to anticipate the more complex (and more political) application of the figure given here by the angel, but for the most part the vision of the present chapter is new, and it must stand on its own.

Two important conclusions can be drawn from the angel's words. The first is that the antichrist is in a general sense the seven-headed beast, and yet at the same time the eighth head or eighth king in particular, who somehow belongs to the seven (v. 11). In other words, the antichrist in Revelation is both an institution and a person, an empire and an emperor. The second conclusion is that the Roman emperor reigning at the time John wrote the book is not this antichrist. Although the presupposition of the entire book is that "the time is near" (1:3; 22:10), it is not actually present. According to the scenario of verses 10 and 11, the sixth emperor is and the seventh is yet to come. When he comes, he will remain for a little while. Only then will the dreaded eighth emperor, perhaps modeled after Nero, appear on the scene. The angel makes it clear that the vision concerns the future, not the present and not even an immediate future. Although John may have remembered the three emperors within a single year (the year 68-69), the likelihood is that the angel was pointing to an interval of as much as a decade or more before the final conflict and the destruction of the beast.

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Whomever he is, he, as decreed by canon, will be divinely chosen, and therefore will be God's choice. and since he will be God's choice he cannot be in any form or fashion linked to Satan.

[edit on 4/3/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
A african pope would be very interesting.

I thought that an African pope would mark the subsequent arrival of the Antichrist.... and that after John Paul II, there were only going to be 2 more Popes following. An African one and then the Antichrist, and....the end.

If it all coincided with 2012, it would be even more interesting!

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
An African one and then the Antichrist, and....the end.

If it all coincided with 2012, it would be even more interesting!

man i guess it will be about that (maybe not the african) but what do you mean by ''the end'' ? maybe its a beginning

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
My guess is Father Peter-Hans Kolvenbach S.I., Superior General of the Society of Jesus.

AKA: The Black Pope

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join