It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExtendTecc WIFI is Stealing & Harvesting your Private Information BUYER Beware

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is a true story factual and fluid. Our WIFI keeps getting knocked off line as a result of Power disruptions so I finally bought two battery backups to work with the ATT Router. Both work great. Then I wanted to look at a WIFI repeater.

So splashed all over the internet is this ExtendTecc "plug & play" router. I thought I bought it from ExtendTecc's actual web page. But who knows? It was shipped from ExtendTecc from 2345 VAUXHALL Road Union, New Jersey 07083. The model as shipped was Item WIFIB-2.4G-01. It arrived n or about April 13, 2022.

So it began when the item arrived it wasn't a plug and play device as splashed all over the internet. All the big boys sell it such as Walmart, Amazon and others. The product ratings are through the roof. To install it there are a series of 11 steps the 2nd of which shows an unknown web page. Obviously not plug and play. I was obviously puzzled as no web page address was given on the instructions so I called their Customer Service at 888-246-0805.

The call was answered by an Asian man whom requested my name, address and phone number. Why he simply didn't want my order number was strange. He then seemed miffed that I began asking questions and it elevated to him shouting. I then said fine you either help me or I will call the FBI. He then said he would email me their actual device manual along with a video of how to install immediately. So after one day nothing was sent. So I called back their Customer Service at 888-246-0805 the following day. They dropped the call three times as it would disconnect within seconds. Since I used PayPal I filed a complaint, dropped the FBI statement on them and I was awarded a full refund in minutes. Strange.

I also sent an email to said seller to issue an RMA to send the product back. NO response. Since I still have the item and was given a full refund I called Customer Service at 888-246-0805 today on May 6, 2022. The phone since has been disconnected.

Now I am in full combat mode as these guys either hijacked a shipment from the actual manufacturer or the actual manufacturer is owned by a criminal entity attempting to Stealing & Harvesting your Private Information as they want control over the Router as they wanted the MAC, SSID, Default and Password/ Uh, no its supposed to be the other way around. So I am going to give out my Router password. Yikes

So this thread will be sent to the FBI Internet Crimes Division as this country appears to be in a full-fledged war and it’s to the point just whom what and where can you trust. I will still go by the books but many here in the USA are going to get taken.

Probably in the millions. So all we can do is fight the good fight.

Reference:

[email protected]

edit on 6-5-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 6-5-2022 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 6-5-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 6-5-2022 by Waterglass because: why wont their email link post?

edit on 6-5-2022 by Waterglass because: typo

edit on 6-5-2022 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Looks like cheap chinese junk. It's a wifi range extender. Cheap. But the reviews also say cheap and crap, 1 stars, hard to get working and keep working.

Also wifi extenders cut speed and throughput. If you want to maintain speed go mesh. It's more expensive but better and easier.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

There are literally loads of web pages touting their stuff with ratings to the extreme. But thanks for the MESH. I got my money back but I also fell for it.

Thanks again!

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

And people still do not believe that America will be owned by the CCP, before the parrot biden is out of the white house.

Yep, the CCP is every where in the US.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Liberal Progressive ~ Sellout ~ Traitor

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No probs.

I just grabbed the reviews from amazon.

Here's one.
amazon reviews

1. Not 4 antenna as described. That was enough to return it in my opinion. Liars!
2. Not a 3 min setup.
3. Instructions suck a*s
4. I called the tech support on the instruction fold out. The guy did not speak English very well. He asked for a purchase # from my receipt, I told him I bought through Amazon. He says” we don’t sell on Amazon”.
5. Hung up, hit return, done!
****Don’t buy it it sucks****

edit on 6-5-2022 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

You're the one who bought it, that's on you and no one else.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 09:45 AM
link   

did it say made in china, i know most if not all do. but if it's not a major name brand manufacturer who have there own quality control and don't relay strictly on chinese hires to do all the work then buyer beware.

two more points, chinese owned mfg's have been rumored to install a backdoor in their products so they can spy on your info and at one point even U.S. missile guidance systems chips made in china were rumored to have a backdoor in them.

the other is most if not all products made and sold online by chinese owned mfg's reviews have nothing but high ratings.
this is because they write them themselves.

you can also bet that other for lack of a better term 3rd world countries mfg's do the same.

ETA:
Here is a article from 2012 on backdoor in missle chips

Specifically, the American-designed, Chinese-made Actel/Microsemi ProASIC3 A3P250 -- commonly known as the PA3 -- chip was found by Cambridge researcher, Sergei Skorobogatov, to have a backdoor, or trojan, deliberately built into it. The PA3 is what's called a Field Reprogrammable Gate Array (FRGA); an almost blank slate of a microchip that can be programmed by its owner to perform a variety of tasks.

Pro of That Military Chips From China Are Infected?

edit on 6-5-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Yes, made in China

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:06 AM
link   
And so this here is a bad metaphor to the space alien trojan horse gifted to our elite leaders?

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Some humor for your conspicy folks, not serious.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You're the one who bought it, that's on you and no one else

Your buyer beware thingy is getting old?. These could be the end days so whom are you rooting for? I am not suprized you moved to Colorado. Near the airport?

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Calm down Spock, you're going to be alright.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Your buyer beware thingy is getting old?

Are you asking yourself that? If you aren't the only people who think that are the uneducated consumer. You bought a POS because you didn't do your homework and/or you're a cheapskate.

I am not suprized you moved to Colorado. Near the airport?

I live in New Jersey.

edit on 6-5-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:28 AM
link   

a reply to: marg6043

I remember when conservatives were all about personal responsibility; Now it's blame it on anyone instead of "man up, dude."
edit on 6-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I remember when conservatives were all about personal responsibility; Now it's blame it on anyone instead of "man up, dude."

Maybe Walmart doesn't sell big boy pants along with jumbo buckets of industrial swill.

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:36 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Do you want your name on the referral?

IC3

posted on May, 6 2022 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Why? I didn't buy this POS.