It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BUSINESS: Paul Wolfowitz Appointed World Bank President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Just one day after receiving the backing of European leaders at a meeting in Brussels, Neoconservative stalwart and "architect of the Iraq invasion" Paul Wolfowitz has been appointed as the next President of the World Bank. The appointment will be effective as of June 1st this year, when current President James D. Wolfensohn retires after 10 years of service

news.bbc.co.uk
Paul Wolfowitz has been confirmed as the new head of the World Bank a day after winning crucial European support.
The US deputy defence secretary's nomination had proved controversial, given his key role in the Iraq war and lack of development experience.

Despite the early opposition, the directors of the Bank, representing 184 countries, unanimously approved him as the organisation's 10th president.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obviously, given Wolfowitz' role in the Iraq war, this is quite a controversial appointment, and will raise suspicions among many conspiracy minded individuals as to the motives and method behind such an appointment.

It was somewhat suprising that Mr. Wolfowitz gained such wholehearted support from Europe, considering the opposition and criticism the US administration has faced from European leaders.

Given Wolfowitz' Neoconservative background and the misgivings of many regarding their international agenda, as well as the popular notion that western corporate prosperity relies on the exploitation of economically less developed countries, can Wolfowitz be trusted with the role of heading the organisation whose "mission" is - according the the World Bank website - "to fight poverty and improve the living standards of people in the developing world"?

Related News Links:
web.worldbank.org
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 1-4-2005 by Paul]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Interesting story. Also interesting that they are both Wolf's. The world bank has had their hands in many a political coup pie worldwide over the last twenty or so years and as they grow in power, the new world order arrives with a quiet insidiousness. Unseen by most, known by a few, powerless to halt.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
ohhhGOD....
I really hope this is just some bad april fools day joke...
Oh please oh please oh please...

Wolfie is a patented NWO stooge...
He has a firm belief that Religion is a tool to use in controlling a populace, and wars should be fought as a means to gain business freinds and control the population... also, he feels that lies not only should be used, but HAVE to be used to keep the few smart poor people from realizing the goals of the NWO...
all this is right out in front...
see wikipedias article for him... it states right at the forefront that he is a straussian (elitist) and feels that the rich (smart) should rule the poor (stupid)

ANYONE can see what is going on now, if they just open their eyes...
the World Bank will now be an investment company to support and wage wars...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh just GREAT another Bushco puppit gets admitted to an International Organization, might I add one of the biggest when it comes to the money side???

I am not a believer as such in the NWO but it surely must set off some HUGE bells across the GLOBE with the relationship to the Bush Family?? It's almost like nominating and hiring Dick Cheney IMHO???

Now I am a little worried about this whole NWO thing, not so much that they will take us over by force, more they will control the world through financial means....

Very scary INDEAD......

[edit on 1-4-2005 by like2learn]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
A clear NWO monopoly card is being laid out before our very own eyes! The Jewish Christian superhawk neo-conservative labelled "warmonger" will leave his Pentagon status behind entering command of the developing world’s bank?

Fabulous.. yep huh

Hey, maybe one day Donald Rumsfeld will head up the WTO while Bill Clinton assumes control of the UN? Of course after Jeb Bush wins the White House by a land slide supreme court decision, right?..

Gotta luv how Wolfie was nominated on the 31st.. 13 backwards, yet another favorite of the NWO pranksters..

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
BTW paul...
nice post and nice to have you here...
what is your last name if we may inquire?
does it start with "W"?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
GOD, another illumanti stodge in power of the money supply.
People have no choice it's a global dicatorship.

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Oh my #ing god!

I'm glad i dont live in poverty, coz with Wolfie head of the world bank, those in peverty have no chance of having their lives improved. You dont put a neo-con in charge of eliminating poverty... I bet his grand idea is to let them starve, coz once their dead their not poor...

**Shudder**

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
He served his masters well...and now he's being rewarded. It how the machine functions.

"Met the new boss, same as the old boss"

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
As if the world bank hasn't been compromised for a long time. Still this is mildly disconcerting as they are no longer making a pretense of pretending they aren't in almost total control.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
They are positioning themselves, the NWO, taking over important international organisations. I bet 99% of people have no clue this actually happened. Everyone is busy watching what will happen with the pope. A few months in the future when someone in the news says "the president of world bank Paul Wolfowitz" people will think "hey! when did this happen??! why didn't I protest this decision?!".

We have no choice, we will have to accept what comes.

Scary future awaits us indeed.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
ohhhGOD....
I really hope this is just some bad april fools day joke...
Oh please oh please oh please...

Wolfie is a patented NWO stooge...
He has a firm belief that Religion is a tool to use in controlling a populace, and wars should be fought as a means to gain business freinds and control the population... also, he feels that lies not only should be used, but HAVE to be used to keep the few smart poor people from realizing the goals of the NWO...
all this is right out in front...
see wikipedias article for him... it states right at the forefront that he is a straussian (elitist) and feels that the rich (smart) should rule the poor (stupid)

ANYONE can see what is going on now, if they just open their eyes...
the World Bank will now be an investment company to support and wage wars...

I wish it was an April Fool's Lazarus! I share your grave concerns. Couple the increasing influence of Straussian political doctrine with global corporatism - which is exactly what is happening - and we have a recipe for an elitist, plutocratic, global order; the implications of which I'm sure you don't need to be told.

BTW paul...
nice post and nice to have you here...
what is your last name if we may inquire?
does it start with "W"?

Haha, no my last name begins with 'H'. You can rest easy!
Many thanks for your welcome too!

top topics

join