It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global food prices rise to highest ever levels after Russian invasion

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalSea

Russia become a country so many depend on for energy and food production astounds me

Because Russia has more land for food production. It has more forests than other European countries.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Aint got much to do with war. But they can now point their finger at russia as the cause of it

Global lock downs, shutting down ecomcies for a year, priting trillions of new dollaes and making local stores hard to survive.and handing out free money not to work

Is probably the major reason everything has gone up. People can not honesty think there was no ramifications after allf that

a reply to: ElGoobero

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
Aint got much to do with war. But they can now point their finger at Russia as the cause of it

Global lock downs, shutting down economies for a year, printing trillions of new dollars and making it hard for local stores to survive and handing out free money not to work

are probably the major reasons everything has gone up. People can not honesty think there would be no ramifications after all that.

of course those are factors, but a war between major food (and fuel and fertilizer) producers is going to impact, not to mention the disruption of supply / transport chains.

whoever said 'farm equipment is diesel'; some, but not all.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalSea
It was inevitable. Russia is/was the largest exporter of fertiliser in the world. The fact that Europe and other Western countries let Russia become a country so many depend on for energy and food production astounds me.

Russia has the land for food, and the oil and gas.
I guess after the USSR dissolved everyone figured Russia would be safe to deal with.
this war with Ukraine is irrational, and most of us don't expect irrational behavior from nations.

(who would have thought the USA would be destroying its own culture and economy, especially with the rejection of fossil fuels. we lead the league in irrational behavior. thank you, progressives.)

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel
Global lock downs, shutting down ecomcies for a year, priting trillions of new dollaes and making local stores hard to survive.and handing out free money not to work

I brought this exact aspect up in March/April of 2020 and was called a heartless bastard.

While I may in fact be a heartless bastard I was a very correct heartless bastard.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Price rises on the US are mostly due to labor issues after trump closed the borders and started booting out the cheap illegal labor, and due to supply chain disruption.

Food is rotting in the fields without illegals on 5 bucks a day.

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Price rises on the US are mostly due to labor issues after trump closed the borders and started booting out the cheap illegal labor, and due to supply chain disruption.

Food is rotting in the fields without illegals on 5 bucks a day.

...according to the DNC as reported by MSNBC

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Agreed haha. a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah i get that. Just an opportuntiy for biden to say. It wasnt me it was russsia. Wont work though a reply to: ElGoobero

posted on Apr, 11 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

The grain Ukraine produces is found everywhere. Much of the bread in the Middle East is made from it. Much of what aid organizations distribute to stave off famine in Yemen is made from it. Much of what feeds Chinese livestock that in turn feeds people worldwide is made from it. Countries such as Egypt — the biggest importer of Ukrainian wheat last year — as well as Lebanon, Pakistan and others, get most of their wheat from Ukraine. The country produces about a fifth of the world’s high-grade wheat and 7 percent of all wheat. The WFP buys half of its grain from Ukraine.

glad I'm in the USA.
fill your pantries folks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join