It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subscription for your OWN things?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leroy33860

originally posted by: jerich0
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Bloody hell... that's beyond insane. Heated seats? What next, the air con? That day will come, I'm sure. You know, I'll just either wind the window down, or up. F that noise.

You won't be able to roll them down.
They control those too 😬

I have a screw driver, I can make them roll down!! Had an old toyota, had to do just that. And when the blinker switch broke, I had alligator clips that I'd manually (dangerously) clip to the wires to indicate turning.

man, that old car, I ran her into the ground. But she put up with it, till the very end.

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jerich0

No, your analogy was great. Mine...usually not so much.

Stay well

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

No, your analogy was great. Mine...usually not so much.

Stay well

I'm terminal, just waiting for a deadline, but so far, well.. Thanks mate...

Once my docs tell me when the end of the line is, who knows. Till then keeping my head up, when not bed ridden. Which is most days. We have bin collection days on monday. I asked bixby what today was, as it had been a long week. Swear she said Monday. 4am Im here running around like a blue arsed fly putting the trash out. Look up and down the street and see no other bins?! now that I've taken the ear plugs out to stop the incessant crickets giving me a migraine, I hear Sunday. Lol talk about egg on your face. Good thing it was 4am or I'd have looked a royal dork... But the silver lining is, hey, the bins out now. No need to remember it at 4pm. Just gotta take the left over refuse a few feet more to dispose f it.

Life, hey... the worst illness ever. That and liver cancer.
edit on 9-4-2022 by jerich0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2022 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Rossman is right on the money here.

People need to wake up and stop buying so much garbage. No more unecessary "modern" technology. And for everyone who continues to keep buying this garbage, I say shame on you. You know it's wrong. Thankfully the internet was founded on the idea of free information and there are open-source options but there will come a time when you won't be able to buy or sell without new tech.

So you can all take that as you want.

posted on Apr, 10 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Hey, God Bless you. Every single person in my family back to gparents, went with Cancer. Or Heart. Or Both.

Me? 69-Heart. Still here. Still Kickin...but lately thinking like you. Odd this should bring us together in a forum kinda way?!

We all gonna go someday...just try it to not be TO-day!

Peace, God bless again....MS

posted on Apr, 13 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   
To be honest, I do not see it as a bad thing. I have been paritally working with a startup focused on that area for a few years already.
The main reasoning behind subscription service is planned obsolence. This business model would change the perspective from planned obsolence. Currently, whenever you buy some tech product, the likelihood, that the product would break increases exponentially after the warranty period. This business model would ensure that companies would start focusing more on older products reliability rather than sales of new products, while the company would earn similar amounts. Environmentally, as well as financially, this is likely to be the way most companies proceed in the future and I believe that is the way to go.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Microsoft started it when they made Word internet reliant and instead of owning it offline you must pay a subscription or lose it. Nobody wants some stranger reading their word doxc over the web. I removed Office from my Windows and bought a pen and paper.

posted on Apr, 30 2022 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Paying subscriptions for service on things like physical features in your car is ridiculous. They really want to deform humanity and if they press hard enough in this invasive direction they're gonna get bent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join