It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about Americans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
So uhh what do you think about Americans?

Please say what you think, why you think that, If you herd it from some one, who you herd it from.

Please give examples, provides links if you can.

Don't be afraid to go all out its kind of the point if you think we are the dumbest, ignorant, stupid, fattest SOB' on the planet say so. Just back it up.

Hopefully I and fellow Americans on here can clear up all the mis conceptions about 21st century American society and government.

I'll get it started.

First off, I am 18 years old I live in America and I was born here. I still attend high school and don't like it but none the less its not bad. I have never been arrested, it is fairly hard to get arrested here if you as me. I am over wait, (yes like most of Americans ) or so you think... Americans are actually the same wait like most people however there are some large people me being one of them. We also tend to be a bit spoiled I have seen kids in my school get handed things like cars and cell phones, but we all don't get every thing handed to us and I have never had it that easy. But I do think some Americans are a bit depend it on their parents/ spouses.
There are some things I dislike, bush not being one of them well umm actually I can't think of one thing I hate about my country exsept (Gas prices). Overall Americans are just like most people in the world. if you think other wise I would recommend visiting here.

Its all true too, alright enough me its your turn .. this should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I think Americans as a whole are wonderful warm caring people. Of course as with any nationality there are those arrogant and spiteful and even those people if you look closely enough have some redeeming qualities.

I dont get what you're trying to get at.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I think Americans as a whole are wonderful warm caring people. Of course as with any nationality there are those arrogant and spiteful and even those people if you look closely enough have some redeeming qualities.

I dont get what you're trying to get at.

I'm trying to clear up misconceptions about us because I am sick of seeing lies spread about my own nationality its un-fair to paint us with the brush we are being painted with.

[edit on 31-3-2005 by iksmodnad]

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Do you mean politics?

If you do...We are seen as evil dumb people who have all the liberties in the world and are losing them day by day and we're pretty much apathetic to the whole thing. Also arrogant. But this is political. Individually, the world likes Americans. Its the government they despise.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I mean every thing.. the people the leaders, the politics, the society.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I've always like to think that America is a country of extremese. For example: We have the smartest people, the dumbest people, the laziest people, the best athletes, the fattest people, the skinniest people, extremely liberal people, extremely conservative people. We have poor people, right people, nice people, mean people. We set all kinds of records, good and bad. I love our country though.

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A European view of the US would be:

Politcal: Very conservative and in thrall to religious lunatics. Doesnt look after the people very well, poor standards in healthcare and education.

Social: Fat, but cheerful, not very political, can be riled easily by TV, preachers. Friendly and welcoming to white people, less so to Asians and Muslims. Not aware that there is a world outside the US borders, unaware of what the rest of the world thinks and feels. Patriotic to the point of insecurity.

Overall lovely people, but cant pick a decent leader despite waffling on about how great their deomcracy is.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Joe
A European view of the US would be:

Politcal: Very conservative and in thrall to religious lunatics. Doesnt look after the people very well, poor standards in healthcare and education.

Well, in most people's opinions, here's how it is. Cheap social security = good, Not so cheap social security = bad. A little unfair, huh? We get very fast, very good healthcare here in the U.S, but it costs money (Unless you're illegal), so people consider it bad.

Social: Fat, but cheerful, not very political, can be riled easily by TV, preachers. Friendly and welcoming to white people, less so to Asians and Muslims. Not aware that there is a world outside the US borders, unaware of what the rest of the world thinks and feels. Patriotic to the point of insecurity.

Who ever thinks that needs to take a closer, unbiased look and perhaps visit America.

And for the record, in my first post I mean rich, not right.

[edit on 12-4-2005 by Herman]

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I like Americans overall, they are as pleasant as anywhere else on the world (you accents can be a little whiny, but hey thats not your fault)...

One thing i dont like after meeting alot of Anericans in various places and chatting on here, is alot of you guys seem completely ignorant of the rest of the world... what little information you do have is twisted and contorted so it barely resembles the truth... this once again isnt your fault its the way you are taught...

Also your nationalistic attitude could have a little adjusting, you like to call it patriotism, but theres a fine line there...

Dont get me started on your government, foreign policy, consumerism, and corporations....

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Healthcare that costs alot of money is bad since poor people cant afford it. They go on to suffer uneseccarily. Not good. The fact that this sort of thing can happen in the richest country in the world shows that there are major problems.

top topics

join