It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feels good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
First day I could go grocery shopping without any masks since two years.

Felt awesome. I walked in first with one because I heard on radio the supermarket will keep the mask mandates... but then I saw the first person without a mask and thought "well, they will need to tell me that they still want them" and off it went. Took a deep breath of the gruesome infected covid air and went on. Mood bordering 10/10, even the bad looks from the others, # it, chin up and not ruin my day.

At the cashier, someone looked at me and went on distancing full two meters, but I just smiled back encouraging and did my eye laugh-flash, he just looked away and kept on staring at that fire hydrant. Reflecting at the psychologic change, that I tracked and reflected on the whole time but one situation stuck out to me:

When I left the building, looking through the tainted glass doors from inside, I saw most coming in with masks, from a distance already. Many switched from FFP 2 to these paper type: useless ones. But what stuck out to me, I wasn't wearing one.

And that I am so aware about out it! What it did with me although I never got used to it as in, walking back to my car to get the mask because I forgot it and such things... I was super aware that I am maskless. Second time today I went into a shop, same thing. I prepared for the mask, that I had on mind just to be sure (private small shop) and tada: there was a empty space where the mask poster was before. So I went in and saw others without mask, great! But still, the awareness...

And that some looked at me from the masked peoples row when I stepped outside. I wondered what they might think but I had such good mood, I just said hello into the crowd, smiled and had to hold myself back starting to jump walk sideways like a little kid.

And then you know, when you have been mind#ed for so long that you think about # like this, WHAT ELSE was installed on my OS? Dabbling with linux currently, so that fits.

What did apt get update "brain" had to resolve in dependencies and what else was installed without me looking or noticing? Those that know me under my old name ThatDamnDuckAgain, know that I was always critical against it but reflected on both sides. But that today, really surprised me how it was ingrained even though with me resisting. Just the repetition because of the mandates did that, I never accepted them.

YES and they are now gone! I love it and I will just not shop in places now, where they want masks. We call that, "turning around the spearhead finally". Not the same like with self mandated vaccine pass rules that shops placed on themselves but a start into the other direction. Market pressure will force them and also reveal the hypocrite fake reasoning. Because money talks, too.

But for now, I enjoy my new freedom, full aware that it's a shame I even have to. Have a nice evening ATS, hope that the last places here and elsewhere in you regions follow up soon. I know the my country is one of the last to act on such things. Texas had no masks since, like a year?

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I could feel the joy radiate off your OP, thanks for sharing.

Made me think of this tune from back in the day :

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I am so happy for you! But where do you live? I haven't wore a mask in a store in like a year. And I'm a plumber and interact with random people in their homes every day with no masks for well over a year.
Regardless, happy you got to experience face freedom!

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I understand how you feel, I did too, our first day out here, even though here in Georgia we have been really 'normal" last July

but isn't it a bit distressing how it made us happy with what was just normal 2 years ago?

Perspective/Conditioning?

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
@19Bones79
Have to look at the lyrics for that one, didn't get everything through hearing. Did that transfer? I am very relaxed and optimistic. Well the last few days were fun so maybe that exponentially kicks off my good mood? And it's important for the kids, too. I speak a lot with my daughter, with the right linguistic tools it's amazing what conversations one can have with children. Without interfering in their thoughts and then you hear from younger or = 6 year old (why can I not use arrow to say "smaller than"?? sooo irritating!) that they feel excluded from shopping because masks. Children in general. Saddening on many layers. Just the detection of difference sticks out more to children, because they lack the experience in life. They understand things on different layers and often simply can not relate. So they try make up for it.

That's their view, from down up to us, we wear mask and at least here, children didn't have to wear masks and my daughter never once had to wear a mask. I made sure of that. It was also granted to them by law, under 6 year old last I heard. I don't care though. The contact she had was minimal in the last two years thanks to the often useless restrictions. Feeling good for the children so they can now see and learn smiles. Smile more people, when you see children smile! Let them know they are appreciated even if you dislike children inside, you were one too and giving a smile cost nothing except the little energy spent for the facial muscles

@5ofineed5aladder
Germany (see flag under eye). I am self employed and did not wear a mask at work (except for work reasons like) but we had to wear indoors in shops and such. I saw people in cars with masks, that was actually also a rule, when from different households. Meh.

Did you experience questions about your vaccination status? No need to disclose yours, just heard this is a thing. I had electricians here and other service companies and never asked but some just tell you and seem to like getting it off their shoulders. Like some vegans

No offense to anyone

edit on 4-4-2022 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Yes that's what I picked up too, the creepy conditioning, or, getting used to something. I know it a little bit from BDS*, like very soft and just a positive side effect but some sure dig into this kind of manipulation in negative ways. Repetition leads to the word I can not remember the vocabulary for.

But I know, that you know, what I try to say.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It is really weird in our region. Some states were very locked down and right next door were states that were wide open, no masking etc.

It is like jumping from one portal to the next.

When I visited Chicago recently I was shocked at how many people were still wearing masks outside!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Same here just on a smaller scale I think. We have states too, tiny compared to what you are used to

Some like Bavaria were very strict and others very easy on restrictions.

Masks outside? That's extreme though, just for protests I seen this.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Never wore a mask anywhere…only place was for the short time I was in work as it became, ahem, mandatory…..my boss, who took his jabs and 1st booster, ended up in ICU…….2 years in, I’ve had a mild cold, but no ‘death corona-flu’ and might I add from the most potent and deadly and transmissible virus ever 🤷‍♂️

Another person in our office, same deal, she is now off with the ‘rona, had the 1st 2 jabs and a booster and now off with the ‘rona….and she was pretty nasty to me when I said I’m not taking the jabs and started turning her nose up at me saying stuff like ‘don’t you care about your family’

So from my point of view, no jabs, no mask and I’m doing fine…….

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I haven't gone through this experience yet myself our president is supposed to be saying something to the extent of lifting our mask restrictions right now but I haven't checked yet.

So for me it's still the little things(masks), tearing at my brain again.

But for a moment your OP transported me to a time when I will experience the same hopefully.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

Somehow I did not picked that up, sorry I can be like that. I hope for you to soon regain your freedom too. It's about time.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 02:36 PM
link   

No worries. Just saw the news we still have to wear masks indoors but not outdoors.

Better than nothing I suppose.

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Mandated?? a reply to: 19Bones79

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Worst thing about wearing masks?
Everybody now looks like Alfred E. Nueman from MAD Magazine or Dumbo.

Best thing about wearing masks?
It gave people an "out" of conversations you had no interest in.
(Muffled garbled noises) Yeah this mumbling thru masks is stupid, text me.
Conveniently turns phone off as walking away.

Congrats on finding "your happy!!"
Had the mask mandate gone thu summer (again) I was steeling myself for the sight of mask-tan-lines & wondering how long I could go without laughing.
edit on 4-4-2022 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2022 @ 08:03 PM
link   
All i could think about during the op was of Pepe the internet "feels" frog.

new topics

top topics

join