It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-50 PAK-FA configuration.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have seen many artist renditions which make it look 80% F-22 and 20% Su-27, but I was wondering, what will it REALLY look like? is there any clear indication WHAT it will look like?

BTW, I only wish to discuss this aircraft project, and I don't want comparing here.

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Same here all i have seen is many different artists interpretation of it But from what i have Gathered it looks alot like the F-22, one version i saw looked almost like an F-4 with one engine

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   

as posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
....what will it REALLY look like? is there any clear indication WHAT it will look like?

What you have been looking at, as you have indicated, is about all you will see, because there are no 'actual' pictures of the T-50/PAK-FA to date.

This old ATS topic thread has some indications, but something that you have probably seen elsewhere.
Mig-I 2000
The PAK-FA is mentioned, in detail, within the above linked topic.

And this mention:

In May 2002, Sukhoi was selected as prime contractor for the next-generation Russian PAK FA fighter programme. The PAK FA will be a development of the Su-47 but without the forward swept wings.

airforce-techonlogy.com

seekerof

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The best way to figure out what it will look like would be to find out what it's stated goals were, and then to find a mix of the best and cheapest way to do that.

For instance, if they want the aircraft to be very stealthy, we can assume there will be no right angles on the aircraft what so ever, and the aircraft would probably have to be made of RAM, and not sheet metal (thus taking away any bolts that might otherwise hold the skin to the frame).

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The only real picture is one wind tunnel model.

I drawn a 3 view of T-50 few days ago.

www.hitechweb.szm.sk/luke/T50-3view.jpg

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Looks like a knock-off F-22 to me.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Good 3-view Matej!!! very excellent, so is the wind tunnel model pic!!

The MiG-29 could be considdered a knock off on the F/A-18 y'know, the F-15 in turn a knock off on the MiG-25! you can argue for hours, but why not stick with a proven design rather than making your own?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Because no design is perfect and R&D into the next generation design is better than copying someone's else.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Let's be honest now, even if Russia developed a new airframe, you'd still be bitchin' that it's not as good as American aircraft, so what is better? Russia copying an existing design with some modifications to the airframe, and be sure the design is proven? or should they go with something that might be inferior to the F/A-22 they are competing against? the PAK-FA will have better stats compared to the F/A-22 since it's based on it and improved upon, think about it

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't think copying/modifying its airframe will mean it will have better stats that the Raptor.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Good 3-view Matej!!! very excellent, so is the wind tunnel model pic!!

The MiG-29 could be considdered a knock off on the F/A-18 y'know, the F-15 in turn a knock off on the MiG-25! you can argue for hours, but why not stick with a proven design rather than making your own?

That view is quite old..
Infact just do a boolean for matej's "encyclopedia of non-american stealth planes" on the forum and you'll get all the data you need..

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Because no design is perfect and R&D into the next generation design is better than copying someone's else.

The physic laws are the same all over the world. It means, that in every corner of the world when scientists are developing new plane, they can conclude with the similar solution. With your process of viewing I can say that all american planes are copy of soviets or europeans, because they have one wing and some tail surfaces...

The second point is that russian air force loosed too much time in development of 5th generation fighter. So they do not have enough time for experiments like Su-47 Berkut.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The only reason I'm saying this is because other Russian fighters don't look like U.S. fighters like most of the Mig’s having their engines under the body rinsed of to the side of the fuselage. And the Sukhoi’s with their wide body frames and wings.
So I just though the PAK-FA looked different from traditional Russian fighters.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Engines: AL-41F1 2*15500 kgs.
Weight:
VSTOL 21000 kg
max 32800 kg (runway 160m)/31600 kg
Fuel (int) 7000 /10800 kg
Dimensions 20.6 x 14.4 / 7.82 x 5.84 м
Sq 54.6 /77 sq.m

Max speed 2250 km/h
Alt.: 18800 m

Load balance: 0.95
Flight range: 4200-5500/7400 km

Armament: 2x30mm gun
Hardpoints: 8 (conf.), 2*4

more on the Pak-Fa

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Uhh... stealth you want to convert that to feet. miles and pounds for us non metric folks
I could do it but I’m just too lazy.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
That's what you get when you get it from a Russian source

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Uhh... stealth you want to convert that to feet. miles and pounds for us non metric folks
I could do it but I’m just too lazy.

1 mile=app. 1.8km
1 meter=app. 3feets
1 pound=app. 0.45kg

To Pak-Fa topic - I wonder how they want to integrate all features - especially internal bomb bays (and still achieve supercruise) stealth and VSTOL. I think it's too big piece of cake for them. Remeber that Mig-2000 was designed with plsma stealth because the Russian industry had not the ability to make special materials for stealth and they have almost zero experiance in this area. If the F-117 delivered be Serbians could help, but it is still only 70ties tech. I think the russian engineers are able to design it, but the problem is - is the russian industry able to make components with sufficient quality?

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Russian develop plasma steals becourse
F-22 -Is not steals. That what couldn't say a Pak Fa

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Fenix, I have no idea what you just wrote, not trying to offend you.

Are you saying that the Russian have plasma stealth and that they did not take it from the F/A-22? And that they cant talk about it?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I think he meant russian are develoPING plasma stealth and the FA is not a copy of the F-22..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join