It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brussels Times : Ukraine invasion: A dress Rehearsal for More of the Same Around the Globe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
As featured in The Brussels Times

Monday, 7 March 2022 This is an opinion article by an external contributor. The views belong to the writer. By Andreas V Georgiou

I wanted to see what the EU was thinking about on Ukraine from its belly so I went onto a Brussels Belgium web page today. Several stories were on the front page on Ukraine and this opinion piece appeared. First of all I will assume that most here are aware of China's threat to take back Taiwan, that India mistakenly launched a missile at Pakistan,

India says it accidentally fired missile into Pakistan

that Turkey had other ambitions as they entered into Lebanon. As far as the USA goes, we simply seem to have a knack of abandonment. So here's an opinion piece by a guy "over there" who I assume knows whats going on over there more so than the jackals here in the USA MSM.

Where Is The Headquarters Of The European Union (EU) Located?

Read on as I wasn't aware of the Greece situation.

Ukraine invasion: a dress rehearsal for more of the same around the globe

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine is on its way to serving as a model for example for China eventually moving on democratic Taiwan on the pretext of it being a rebellious province of China that is increasingly subjected to “external intervention”.

It will also serve as a model for Turkey sooner or later invading and attempting to annex Greece’s eastern Aegean islands and Western Thrace on the pretext that Greece stations troops on its Aegean islands that are close to its highly aggressive neighbour or that Greece allegedly does not respect the rights of its Muslim minority in W. Thrace – NATO membership by both Greece and Turkey will not be a restraint for Turkey in the end.

Then we have the 2016 and 2020 election. We all know the story. So a world record 81+ million voters voted for some old guy who seems to have partially lost his social skills and seems off. Could this become a perfect storm and a ruse for plausible deniability?

Thoughts, opinions and speculations are welcome here
edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: rewrote

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: add link

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: add link

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: layout mod

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: rewrite

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: edit

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: cleaned it up

edit on 13-3-2022 by Waterglass because: rewrite

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

They fit in with what is going on. They have fitted the world situation up to this time. They fit it now.

-Henry Ford

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The fact is, the COVID narrative is winding down, and this conflict has served to capture the public's attention and completely redirect focus that ought to be on what truly caused COVID, who was culpable, and whether or not the pandemic policy was the worst government overreach we've seen in decades.

My children's school sent out a letter that mask policy, social distancing, and restriction from assemblies and use of common areas (lunch room) are now over.

Uh, OK. What has changed materially in the past 6 months? Omicron is not as dangerous as past variants, but for children, Delta and Alpha strains were not particularly lethal either. So...you completely disrupted the academic environment for 2 years, with very little evidence or justification, and now we're supposed to just forget about it and move forward?

Sorry, the timing of the Ukraine invasion relative to "ending the pandemic" is just too convenient. I don't know if Putin is in on the plan, but it doesn't escape notice that the scaling back of the "War on COVID" just so happens to coincide with this crisis.

Once Russia expanded their offensive beyond Donbass, they lost any and all morale justification for military action, in my opinion. That said, it's interesting that we're seeing the dissolution of many COVID restrictions now, at this moment, when everyone's eyes are on Ukraine.

Never let a good crisis go to waste

-Winston Churchill

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

I agree with your assessment.

A lot of truths were coming out about COVID and where it originated.... which was in a lab!

The Chinese would not want the truth to come out that they were experimenting with Biological Weapons!

Russia invading Ukraine is to take our eyes off the ball and give people other things to concentrate on.

What comes after the Russian invasion? Will it be China's turn to invade Taiwan to again keep people away from COVID and investigations??

What about Prince Andrew and his indiscretions?? Where's that news gone?? It's disappeared from the main headlines!

I'm sure there's other important news which has disappeared since Russia invaded the Ukraine!

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

For the record I'm against the invasion. However Putin wants to couch it, NATO expansion, bio lab cleanup, there were other ways to address these issues.

That said, no analysis of the Ukraine conflict is complete without referencing the lead up to where we're at now (West's regime change in Ukraine, the 10+ year fighting in Donbass, allegations of Nazi elements in Ukraine's military, corruption and money laundering in Ukraine).

I think there are quite a few people that are rather pleased that this conflict is taking the spotlight off of the pandemic.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Thanks, plus take a peek at my story on the Russians blowing up a Mosque. They haven't as of right now!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Thanks, plus take a peek at my story on the Russians blowing up a Mosque. They haven't as of right now!!!

I left a comment in that thread.

Glad you are highlighting the disinfo from the Western MSM.

It's fine to be against the Russian invasion but point out the lies promulgated by our media. This is "WMD in Iraq!" all over again. I guess we never learned our lesson from that episode.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This is "XXO in Iraq!"

I wrote about it but it was yanked within 5 minutes

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

The fact is, the COVID narrative is winding down, and this conflict has served to capture the public's attention and completely redirect focus that ought to be on what truly caused COVID, who was culpable, and whether or not the pandemic policy was the worst government overreach we've seen in decades.
My children's school sent out a letter that mask policy, social distancing, and restriction from assemblies and use of common areas (lunch room) are now over.

Uh, OK. What has changed materially in the past 6 months? Omicron is not as dangerous as past variants, but for children, Delta and Alpha strains were not particularly lethal either. So...you completely disrupted the academic environment for 2 years, with very little evidence or justification, and now we're supposed to just forget about it and move forward?

Sorry, the timing of the Ukraine invasion relative to "ending the pandemic" is just too convenient. I don't know if Putin is in on the plan, but it doesn't escape notice that the scaling back of the "War on COVID" just so happens to coincide with this crisis.

Once Russia expanded their offensive beyond Donbass, they lost any and all morale justification for military action, in my opinion. That said, it's interesting that we're seeing the dissolution of many COVID restrictions now, at this moment, when everyone's eyes are on Ukraine.

Never let a good crisis go to waste

-Winston Churchill

I agree mostly, did Putin decide to invade to cover up COVID news, or did NATO and the US maneuver to make Putin invade now to cover up the COVID news?

Either way if a Russian invasion was dictated by entities outside of Russia aren't we likely screwed anyway?

this is why I pull back a bit and still mostly believe it's some of those with the political and financial influence can take advantage of a situation but not necessarily make a situation happen. A somewhat fine distinction but a distinction none the less.

Cause in the "accepted" reality, hardly anyone can influence Russia much less make them do something so overtly such as an invasion. Am I wrong?

Id imagine it's China or the US and thats it, I can't see Iran or Syria having any sway with Putin at all.

posted on Mar, 13 2022 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Putin was a glowing example of the WEF Young Global Leaders until 2021, when he seems to have broken rank.

Although Vladimir Putin was never an official designee in the World Economic Forum's "Young Global Leaders" program, WEF founder Klaus Schwab did not shy away from holding up the Russian leader to that standard.

In a 2017 interview, Schwab said; "When I mention names like Ms Merkel, even Vladimir Putin and so on, they have all been Young Global Leaders of the World Economic Forum. But what we are really proud of now is the young generation, like Prime Minister Trudeau, President of Argentina and so on."

In a 2019 video of an interview in Costa Rica, Schwab lists Tony Blair, Merkel, and Putin as former World Economic Forum “Young Global Leaders”.

It seems the WEF has been the driving force behind world policy for quite some time. So when did it start, and who started it?

The World Economic Forum wasn’t simply the brainchild of Klaus Schwab, but was actually born out of a CIA-funded Harvard program headed by Henry Kissinger and pushed to fruition by John Kenneth Galbraith and the “real” Dr. Strangelove, Herman Kahn. This is the amazing story behind the real men who recruited Klaus Schwab, who helped him create the World Economic Forum, and who taught him to stop worrying and love the bomb.

https://u nlimitedhangout.com/2022/03/investigative-reports/dr-klaus-schwab-or-how-the-cfr-taught-me-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-bomb/
I have despised Kissinger since the day I first say him on TV. The man exudes evil, and I'm not surprised to see his hand in all of the strife we're seeing around the world today.
This is a long read, but well worth it. I've long felt goals for the direction of society are set at 10,20,50 and 100 year segments, revisited periodically for adjustment. I think they were forced to draw the Covid card prematurely to not only ruin Trump, but make up for the time lost when their chosen evil beotch unexpectedly lost in 2016.
After reading about Klaus' rise to power and influence, it's easy to see a lot of what is/may be coming our way next. There aren't a whole lot of dots left to connect before the 'Great Reset'.

[freepressers.com...]
edit on 700000033America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: fix link

new topics

top topics

join