It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Armoured vehicle Flattens car. The facts.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ukrainian tank deliberately ran over an innocent civilian.

The action stands alone.

Not sure why it was brought up, but it's a popular misconception that ABS makes you stop faster than a vehicle without.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

That’s interesting? Think the car could have unfortunately just been in a blind spot. I have thick pillars that frame my front window in my car, and have to be very mindful of the blind spots they create when pulling out into traffic.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: baggy7981

Not sure why it was brought up, but it's a popular misconception that ABS makes you stop faster than a vehicle without.

Only if you have a good enough feeling for the brake pressure and when the tires begin to block. According to my observation in traffic, most even can not handle the weight shifts in cars smooth, I do not expect them to handle a car better without ABS.

The old drivers know what I speak about. I myself grew up with ABS but I learned drifting and handling a car on and over the limit in a car without ABS or ESP or similar systems. It takes a lot of feeling to do a real emergency brake maneuver without ABS and be efficient.

On the track you pump the pedal to simulate ABS, that's where ABS system comes from originally. You pump the pedal but try keeping the pressure at the same level after each peak.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

I thought about the blind spot too and even if, during the slide the driver would have seen, it's much too late for the driver to react.

Such vehicles are not build for oversight, they might have external cameras but you don't look at those. Someone once asked me why I don't mount the LCD screen that shows the live data during diagnosis / mapping rides so I can see it, instead of going through it afterwards.

Like, do people really think you look at any LCD screen during a drag race or similar when you're busy enough switching gears and keeping the car aligned

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
It was a woman.

Oof, looked like a dude.

I was specifically talking about the fate of the saboteurs...if you had cared to watch the video.

I watched it earlier, who you were referring to wasn't clear.

Video I saw looked like an old man.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Also, if real life is anything like driving vehicles in Hell Let Loose, it was definitely an accident.

/s

Just trying to brighten up the thread! *sweats nervously*

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

pps, I'm done replying to my own thread as It's been infiltrated by morons. Goodbye.

No just started by one that cant keep their emotions in check.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: LetTheColdCome
Video I saw looked like an old man.

Right?

Sure looks like a dude here. Even the article says it was a guy.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I just googled “run over by a tank” and there’s a few different angles.

Looks like a dude.

But these days….

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOfStuff

I'm thinking the Original Poster got the facts wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It would appear the Armoured vehicle flattened the Car to protect his ground soldiers involved in the firefight with Russian Saboteurs.

Sure . If the car contained Russian military .
One other thing , that was a Ukranian anti-tank or anti-aircraft vehicle .
I don't think it would be involved in a firefight with enemy infantry .

ONE, Watch the video I posted. ffs, how hard is this?.

TWO, the Driver of the Ukrainian Armoured Vehicle wouldn't know who was driving the car. He was providing cover for the ground troops to his right and behind him. He did his job.

I said in my op that it's a Ukrainian vehicle. WATCH THE VIDEO.

Wrong .

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I meant to answer this post yesterday, but.
the tracked vehicle clearly rolls completely over the car, then according to the road track it makes on the road after they clearly reversed back over the car. Who, how or what//
Now the truck with the Russian saboteurs video. Was I then only one watching a murder, a military crime? Saboteurs, plural, only just as there had to have been a driver and the only other person you see is a guy getting out of the back.
Now take the video. obviously the driver has been killed as the truck comes to a stop. BUT. No where in this footage do you see any gunfire coming from the truck. What you do see is an unarmed man falling from the truck onto the floor, being fired upon by multiple weapons for a considerable time, may be hit a few time. Then a man comes from the front of the truck and shoots him at close range. THEN another man approaches from the bottom of the frame and shoots him again. THAT video in my mind was murder and if they were in a civilised army (US, UK etc) rthey would be court marshalled.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I meant to answer this post yesterday, but.
the tracked vehicle clearly rolls completely over the car, then according to the road track it makes on the road after they clearly reversed back over the car. Who, how or what//
Now the truck with the Russian saboteurs video. Was I then only one watching a murder, a military crime? Saboteurs, plural, only just as there had to have been a driver and the only other person you see is a guy getting out of the back.
Now take the video. obviously the driver has been killed as the truck comes to a stop. BUT. No where in this footage do you see any gunfire coming from the truck. What you do see is an unarmed man falling from the truck onto the floor, being fired upon by multiple weapons for a considerable time, may be hit a few time. Then a man comes from the front of the truck and shoots him at close range. THEN another man approaches from the bottom of the frame and shoots him again. THAT video in my mind was murder and if they were in a civilised army (US, UK etc) rthey would be court marshalled.

The guy falling from the truck was clearly wearing military fatigues, as were the guys shooting at him. All I see is two opposing forces engaging. I don't see any murder. Just another casualty of war.

To be honest. I think the guy was hit before he bailed from the truck.

Where was the driver of the truck? Deceased inside the cab?. Were there more people in the Cab or dead on the rear of the truck?.

The Purpose of the OP was to Highlight the fact the Tank/ Armoured vehicle was Not Russian, The Driver then reverses back over the car. You can clearly see the track marks as you and I have pointed out. No Accident. No Slippy wet road, No ABS brake failure, or any of that nonsense.

I've already tried to explain the Armoured vehicle drivers' mindset. Covering for his ground forces. He would not know who was in that car. It could have been more Saboteurs?. He wasn't taking any chances.

We Don't see enough of the goings-on before all the above took place. The firefight and chase could have been going on for a number of blocks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join